Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fabulous February Post-Op's

I did it! I signed up for my first race. It's April 22' date=' and it's just a baby-race. 2 miles, not even a 5K. I've been walking 2M a few times a week, and I'm starting to use a 5K training app, so I hope that by race day I can run *most* of the race.

What are you guys doing for exercise?[/quote']

Good for you!!!!

Mostly walking, tonight it was mowing the lawn! Woohoo!!!!

Love the new pic' date=' Monken!

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk[/quote']

Thank you ;-). I like to change it up its fun.....I'm excepting looking better and better everyday!

weight.png

I did it! I signed up for my first race. It's April 22' date=' and it's just a baby-race. 2 miles, not even a 5K. I've been walking 2M a few times a week, and I'm starting to use a 5K training app, so I hope that by race day I can run *most* of the race.

Congrats:-) you are brave

weight.png

Walking the dogs. Back to Zumba next week I wonder if I will be able to do the whole hour?!?!

weight.png

I am enjoying my closet and the clothes falling off me day by day. I became a clothes whore over the years with multiple sizes, in the past i had said i don't want to see those sizes again. This time i REALLY mean it.

post-25320-13813811705698_thumb.jpg

These guys are my fan club! LOL

weight.png

My dear peeps (no pun intended),

Where are you all!? I know it's Easter weekend and all, but I miss hearing updates from you.

I had to share: Even as the scales seem stuck again, I'm noticing changes in my body. For one, (and I'm not thrilled about this) the skin that used to be plump with fat is sagging. My butt is sagging. My belly is sagging. My boobs are sagging. My arms? Let's not talk about my arms! LOL!

On the other hand, my bracelets are looser. My ring is spinning around on my finger. The formerly known as tight pants are wondering why I can't wear them any more. Answer: I think I exposed my undies three times at work today not realizing they had fallen down that far! They fit okay the last time I wore them! Aaaack!

There was a potluck at work and I wasn't the least bit tempted to eat any of it.

I tried a microwave entree for lunch today and it made me throw up (I keep eating too fast at work -- old habits die hard).

Someone left a Hershey Kiss in my locker and I tried it and spat it out. It tasted so artificial and gross! I never thought I'd live to see the day I turned my nose up on free chocolate!

What else? What's new with you? What small things are you happy about/sad about? How's your eating coming along? Am I the only one who can't eat fish?

Check in everybody!! :)

I am enjoying my closet and the clothes falling off me day by day. I became a clothes whore over the years with multiple sizes, in the past i had said i don't want to see those sizes again. This time i REALLY mean it.

post-205830-13813133516256_thumb.jpg

These guys are my fan club! LOL

weight.png

I hear ya! I have a huge tub of big clothes that are going to Goodwill. I thought about taking them to a consignment store but truth is, I just want to be done with them!

Yay!

post-25320-13813811706496_thumb.jpg

Everyone who celebrates have a nice weekend:-)

weight.png

I had a moment this morning....I always knew my tomach, thighs, and noobs were screwed and destined to flap in the breeze. I thought my arms were gonna be okay. I was blow drying my hair with my skivvies on (bra and panties) and realized I actually have a bit of muscle in my upper arms!!! Then realized, oh shit, there's some major flapping going on underneath....craptastic!!! I'm going to be a freaking shar pei, fabulous.

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 225.8

Ok saw your post and don't want you to fell alone dr had me see my Lymphedema therapist I saw her today and she could believe how much weight I had lost now if we can get the bottom half to match better with top half I would be happy but don't think they will ever be close I've already lot 6 inches in my waist and only about 3 in my hips my boobs are getting ripples in them my stomach looks like sand paper and my legs are really sagging and rippley she told me for know to go get underarmor long sleeve compression shirts and spandex compression long pants to help reduce the Fluid in my bat wings and legs its ok cause I'm freezing all the time so I went to sports authority and got the tops we thought I would have to get a men's 2-3x so it wouldn't bind my arms and made shape the body in well I ended up with XL and that's questionable to how long I will be able to use them so I got 2 thank god for sergers and the I know how to alter them at $35 each so I can use them a little longer haven't decided yet on pants I'm hoping I can go to this company that makes surgical garment that's close to me and beg them to sell me some of the fabric cause bottoms I'm not a standard fit so I can make them they did a couple of years ago cause I ordered some went to get them sat there for a couple of hours and they weren't ready so I told the lady to sell fabric so I could make them so they wouldn't stop at my ankles they cover my feet . So say a little Prayer for me mon cause if not there $110 a pair

So Happy Eastef everyone and no peeps

I love the little Elephants there so cute and I will still wear my Dumbo jacket when I'm skinny

I'm a little over 4 weeks post op now & on fork tender foods. I've had no issues with any food I've tried. I'm very careful to take small bites, chew well & eat very slowly. I'm beginning to be able to get all my Protein in with food & not have to supplement with a Protein shake.

I'm visiting with my daughter & 2 year old granddaughter this weekend & we went to a community Easter carnival & Easter Egg Hunt yesterday & I was so proud that I was able to handle all the walking without getting out of breath or searching for some where to sit down constantly! :)

I, too, am noticing that my once tight skin (from being full of fat) is now much softer, loose & jiggly. Not looking forward to the massive sagging but the playoffs are SO gonna be worth it! :)

RNY Surgery 2/28/13. Starting Weight: 296 Day of Surgery Weight: 274. Current Weight 256 - Sent from my iPad using RNYTalk

Was at the movies last night with my kiddo and hisBFF and was amazed at how roomy the chair was!!! Yay!!!!!

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 225

I had a moment this morning....I always knew my tomach' date=' thighs, and noobs were screwed and destined to flap in the breeze. I thought my arms were gonna be okay. I was blow drying my hair with my skivvies on (bra and panties) and realized I actually have a bit of muscle in my upper arms!!! Then realized, oh shit, there's some major flapping going on underneath....craptastic!!! I'm going to be a freaking shar pei, fabulous.

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 225.8[/quote']

LOL......sorry that almost made me pee. I too was blow drying my hair and noticed my arm flaps....

Thought we could all use this it may help?

What is Dumping Syndrome?

Dumping syndrome is a problem that occurs in some patients after having gastric bypass surgery. It is the result of food passing too quickly into the small intestine. It is typically induced when the patient eats certain foods, such as sweets or certain carbohydrate sources (such as simple carbohydrates like sugar and some starches). It can also occur as a result of eating too much at one time.

What are the Symptoms of Dumping Syndrome?

Some symptoms of dumping syndrome include:

nausea or queasinessa sense of fullness accompanied by discomfort cramping diarrhea general weakness profuse sweating vomiting heart palpitations (an increase in heart rate)

Treatment for Dumping Syndrome

Dietary changes are a very effective treatment for dumping syndrome. Keeping a food diary of your food intake and your reaction to those foods will help you assess which tend to cause symptoms. Make a note of problematic foods and avoid them as often as possible.

Common Foods to Avoid

Some typical foods those suffering from dumping syndrome may need to avoid include:

pancakes with Syrup

sweetened cereals

fruit punch

milkshakes

sweet pickles

ice cream

candy

Cookies

honey

Additional Dietary Changes

Eating smaller meals -- about six a day -- is typically helpful. Abstaining from drinking liquids during your meals is advised for all gastric bypass patients, but it is especially important to preventing the symptoms of dumping syndrome.

You should always wait at least 30 minutes after a meal before drinking any liquids. Some patients find avoiding foods that are either very hot or very cold may help prevent dumping syndrome. Consuming milk and dairy products has also been found to lead to symptoms. So it is a good idea to eliminate these foods and assess your symptoms after several days.

When do Symptoms Subside?

Usually the symptoms associated with dumping syndrome will subside in about an hour. Most patients find the symptoms are alleviated after they lie down for a while. (This is due to the fact that lying down slows the process of food being emptied from the stomach.)

Other Options

Prescription drug treatments may be an option for those patients who do not experience any relief by making dietary changes. Talk to your doctor if you continue to experience symptoms regularly despite making the recommended changes.

LOL......sorry that almost made me pee. I too was blow drying my hair and noticed my arm flaps....

OMG, you guys slay me! I also almost spat my lunch out at the computer screen when I read the SharPei comment, LOL!

Yes, compression garments for all of us!