Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fabulous February Post-Op's

I also have PCOS. I will be having surgery the 14th of march. Feel free to message me :)

Statistics show that there is a 100% recovery from PCOS after you have this surgery. It doesn't go away in a night though, be patient and don't compare yourself to anybody else. You are an individual so expect your results to individual. Just know that PCOS will no longer bother you anymore very, very soon.

So sorry for those having complications. I want to share my good news but I almost feel guilty doing so. I'm 12 days post op and having very little pain. I haven't used my pain meds since I got home. I had my first post op visit today and I've lost 12 lbs in 12 days! I'm very pleased! And I get to start puréed foods tomorrow! Woop! Wood! =)

RNY Surgery 2/28/13. Starting Weight: 296 Day of Surgery Weight: 274 - Sent from my iPad using RNYTalk

So sorry for those having complications. I want to share my good news but I almost feel guilty doing so. I'm 12 days post op and having very little pain. I haven't used my pain meds since I got home. I had my first post op visit today and I've lost 12 lbs in 12 days! I'm very pleased! And I get to start puréed foods tomorrow! Woop! Wood! =)

RNY Surgery 2/28/13. Starting Weight: 296 Day of Surgery Weight: 274 - Sent from my iPad using RNYTalk

Congrats!!! I am SO happy to hear you are doing so well :) 12 lbs :) keep up the great work.

NOO!!! UGH!! I wish I was cause it has been hell!

Maybe you should be? Why don't you call your MD and ask for it. I'm on it for three months. It will help.

HW 250/1st Lapband 198/2nd Lapband 232/Pre conversion 2/6/13 to bypass 232. Currently 206 Bariatric GW 134, Realistic GW 150

I had this. I'm 2 weeks out and my left side pain in pretty unbearable unless I'm pushing on that 1 incision area. I have an ice pack strapped to my stomach to help with pain' date=' since my pain mess barely did anything. I ordered an abdominal binder yesterday. Absolutely can't wait for that sucker to get here.[/quote']

OMG I tried the abdominal binder and screamed for my hubby to,take it off it made it worse for me, good luck with that...

A heating pad helped a a lot just don't overuse it or you will get opposite affect. The only thing that worked for me was to stay still not do anything unless I had to go to the bathroom . Pretty pathetic but it worked along with the Motrin for 48 hours every 6 hours 200mg.

HW 250/1st Lapband 198/2nd Lapband 232/Pre conversion 2/6/13 to bypass 232. Currently 206 Bariatric GW 134, Realistic GW 150

Hi I am glad you are doing a little better....are you out of your chair yet? I have been in bed and they said a lot of the pain is nerve pain so they put me on nurontin....we will see how that goes. I just want to get back to walking....I'm tired of bed.

Make them check for ulcers..... I had that pain and they found 3 ulcers and in couldn't eat lots of pain....they did an Endoscopy and found 3 ulcers swollen around my pouch opening

Kat I went back to work a week ago half days. I'm sleeping in bed now I'm sore still but nothing like that horrific pain the first 2.5 weeks. I went for a message on Sunday with a seaweed detox it helped so much thanks hubby....my back was so sore from sleeping in a recliner I needed the lumps and bumps worked out. I'm glad your home and your hubby is in control. You listen to him and just don't overdue it. You will get better faster... Yes I hope they checked you for ulcers too.... Did you meet with the gyn? Neurotin will help with nerve pain, are you taking a certain amount and working up from there? They usually start you low and then increase your dosage...hang in there you will be walking your butt off soon.....feel better.... Hugs

Great job!

Yay!!!!! Full day of work, plus parent teacher conference and for the first time since surgery I had enough energy to go out and take a walk after work!!!!! Granted, I'm exhausted now but almost felt like a normal human being tonight!!!!

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 231.4

I would have to Get my surgery report to tell you and I'm at work just ask him if he cut a major abdominal muscle on the left during the procedure. It wool be interesting of he/she tells you. I know of only two people on blog besides myself that had this and we were told after the fact do to pain.

Wow. I'm guessing they didn't cut that muscle on me because my pain was gone so fast. My sympathies go out to those of you who are struggling with this. I do remember that a hot pad helped me in the first few days.

Back to ER ! I am starting to get very frustrated. My pouch is starting to hurt really bad . Cramping / burning . I don't wanna eat, can't sleep , everything is hurting now :( I just want to feel better and I don't want to go home until I DO! I have had it ! Whatever is broke needs to be fixed... In a side note , I weight in at 271 today. Feel like death , but loosing weight doing it :) !

Let us know what they found! There must be something that's causing all this discomfort. It can't be the normal healing process! ...and on a side note, congrats on your weight loss!

Yay!!!!! Full day of work, plus parent teacher conference and for the first time since surgery I had enough energy to go out and take a walk after work!!!!! Granted, I'm exhausted now but almost felt like a normal human being tonight!!!!

It must feel great to get back into the routine of things. I go back to work next week, and quite frankly I'm scared. I don't know why I didn't suggest easing back into things, but I go straight from sitting around at home and sleeping in as long as I want, to getting up at 5 and working a 12-hour day, two days in a row. I'm sure I will be exhausted!

I'm feeling sorry for myself today! In an effort to get exercise, I decided to walk to my doctor's appointment yesterday (it's about 45 minutes to an hour walk). On the way, I slipped and fell on the ice not once, but twice. I re-injured my left rotator cuff, was in so much pain I couldn't stop crying. I called a cab to get me and take me straight to the ED (missed my doctor appointment), and I have a bruise roughly the shape (and size) of Rhode Island on my left hip.

In good news, I didn't break my hip, and all my digestive tract insides seem to escape unhurt.

So my hubby is flying home as we speak. He has been gone for two weeks on a business trip. He wants me to dress sexy to pick him up from the airport. I am a jeans and sweats kinda girl. I feel absolutely rediculous wearing a dress and heels. I have no self confidence in dressing sexy. Help!!!

You never told us how it went with your hubby! I'm curious! ^_^

I'm feeling sorry for myself today! In an effort to get exercise' date=' I decided to walk to my doctor's appointment yesterday (it's about 45 minutes to an hour walk). On the way, I slipped and fell on the ice not once, but twice. I re-injured my left rotator cuff, was in so much pain I couldn't stop crying. I called a cab to get me and take me straight to the ED (missed my doctor appointment), and I have a bruise roughly the shape (and size) of Rhode Island on my left hip.

In good news, I didn't break my hip, and all my digestive tract insides seem to escape unhurt.[/quote']

Oh my lands. What a wrench in your walking plan. Someday it will be a funny story.

I'm feeling sorry for myself today! In an effort to get exercise' date=' I decided to walk to my doctor's appointment yesterday (it's about 45 minutes to an hour walk). On the way, I slipped and fell on the ice not once, but twice. I re-injured my left rotator cuff, was in so much pain I couldn't stop crying. I called a cab to get me and take me straight to the ED (missed my doctor appointment), and I have a bruise roughly the shape (and size) of Rhode Island on my left hip.

In good news, I didn't break my hip, and all my digestive tract insides seem to escape unhurt.[/quote']

Omg... I am so glad you didn't get any other injuries. I hate ice! :( feel better soon.

This is TMI , however, does it make anyone else nauseas when having a BM ? I at suppose to go back to work tonight and I am still trying to tell my doctor (who I think does not believe me) that something is not right. I really just do not know what to do from here. I am getting very depressed about this.