Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2007 Bandsters Unite!

I don't know if you will be getting a fill. I was told that by my Dr. that they do not do fills until you are 5 or 6 weeks post-op. I have to admit that I want the fill cause I will need the restriction, especially when I am able to eat solids again, but on the other hand I have to say that I am a little nervous. I hate needles. :phanvan

Thanks you guys, I am definately grieving my loss of food. I am back to work now so that makes it a bit easier. My mind is busy with other things now. I know that I expected to feel these things but somehow I thought it would just be easier for "me". Not so! I am just the same as everyone else, no matter how prepared I was for this sx, I am going through and feeling it all. It will be worth it in the end I am sure. I am down 15lbs this morning!! Thanks all. You guys are the best.

Maybe I'll get a fill, I hope so. I don't like the idea of going through this and having the same appetite as before. I've lost about 25 lbs. with the pre-op diet and this past week of not eating very much :clap2: . I don't want the progress to stop now.

I would not count on getting a fill 8 days post op. I have never heard of a fill that early. Most Dr.'s will wait at least 4 weeks, and many like mine will not even entertain a fill before 6 weeks.

Besides, I am 7 days post op, and the though of someone poking me looking for my port makes me want to pass out.

Good luck.

Andrew

Hi Jcinabita: Be patient. As long as you are sticking to fluids the weight will come. You are placed in starvation mode to allow the stitches around the band and port to heal. Drink hot tea or hot chicken broth if you are feeling wobbly. The time now is to heal, after your first fill, you then get ernest in weight loss and changing your lifestyle concerning food.< /p>

Great I finally found some bansters from Canada. I'm new to all this . even having trouble figuring out This site AHHHHH! I guess it will get easier the more I do It. Going for my Band on the 15th of March. So busy reading everything on this board I am hardly sleeping. So much info to take in. I'm very excited about the band but also worried. so much to learn, I guess it is mostly trial and error for a long time, as far as I can gather ????

Hi rosi: What are you worried about. Post and we will try to help. We all had our doubts and worries before the band and I personally wouldn't hesitate to do it all over again. I am still on mushies. The discipline of staying on the clincis diet until I am healed has been very hard but while I fight the good fight, I and the band are becoming close friends. I actually didn't heat the whole 1/4 cup of cream of wheat today. Doddie

Hey Doddie, What kinds of things are you eating on Mushies? I start this weekend and I am trying to think of some good ideas now so I can shop for it. I tried looking at other posts but it is mostly recipes for mashed potatoes. :) Don't get me wrong I love it but I need some other ideas.

Anyone else who is doing mushies or those who have done it feel free to help out with this too!

Hi: Seriously, the best is baby food. any type of casserole you make for your family can be pureed. I purchased a book on blender receipts but mostly, I use baby food. Doddie

I wish I got full on smaller portions but my appitite is back with full force and I have been drinking alot of Water trying to cope with it.I feel although I am at the mushy stage, I could eat anything.I wish I could be full on 1/4 cup of cream of wheat like you Doddie,but I could eat at least 11/2cups easily.:faint:

Astro I know what you mean. I have my lunch Soup and I think I could eat more or I could tackle bigger things, more chewy things. I try to pull back on those thoughts because I really worry about messing things up, but serioulsy I don't get full. That's why I am looking for some satisfying ideas for mushies.

MY fave thing for the mushie stage was baked Beans....(mushed up a bit more than how they come in the can).....and mixed with a bit of sour creme (light, of course!) and salsa. Mmmm mmmm mmmmm!!! Not only tasty and very flavourful but chock full of PROTEIN!!!!

As for the baby food thing....yeah...I tried that at first too and just about gagged. Perhaps I had the wrong brand or type but it was DISGUSTING and so I stopped with the baby food thing...I knew I could find/make something more appetizing to my palette!! I sure did feel sorry for babies though....no wonder they spit up their food!!!! LOL

Hi: Don't get me wrong about my appetite. I am definately full when I eat my 1/4 cups but it is not very long before I am hungry. I understand that in order to combat these hunger problems to eat Protein so I have a Protein Drink. Also, if it is not snack time, I drink hot chicken broth although high in salt, it satisfies fairly well.

I am really looking forward to the mushies stage as this liquids thing is getting a little old.

I have a full freezer of these things for my mushies stage. http://www.babygourmetfoods.com/menu.html

My wife bought them for the baby, and he wont touch them with a 10 foot pole. So I thought I would eat them up.

I also like the Beans with sour cream idea. I will be eating some if that for sure.

Andrew