Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2007 Bandsters Unite!

Hey - how are all you Feb bandies? Just got done on Feb 7, met 3 other people which was great - all being done on Feb 7. Thought I should start a Feb Band thread so we can keep in touch and let others know of our "recent" experiences. Dr. C and staff were marvelous and very confident. Before I went under I had a quick little inner panic moment. When I came out of it I had a little inner anxiety moment that lasted about 2 days. Finally fessed up to my daughter that I actually for about 24 hrs. wanted it out of me . Then BAM! I got over it. Now I'm absolutely in love with the idea of having an "inner conscience". Did the gas shoulder pain thing and it's almost gone. Having my fluids and lovely Optifast (1 daily). Tried some cottage cheese and did great on it. Diet Jello - good. Gardennay creamy Soup - good. coffee - great! Went through my closets and turfed out stuff cause I've lost 20 lbs. since Jan 23. Took out my next smallest sizes of clothes - tried them on and won't need to shop for about 6 wks I figure. All in all, this is an unbelievably positive thing and I am so optimistic and, oh yeah - NOT HUNGRY! How totally supercalifragilisticexpealidoshus (sp?) is that? Keep in touch and in tune everybody - let the support follow you! I'm gettin too happy - better go now. :kiss :clap2: :clap2: :)

Astro - how did you find out about that? Confession time - I ordered the biggest baddest meanest looking lobster that weighed 3 1/2 lbs. plus a ceasar salad and ate it all! Best damn meal I ever had after 2 weeks of opticrap. Oh, and let's not forget the butter! No secrets left - that's it.:hungry:

Hey Priscilla I think I know what you mean about the power of the future. Today I took a walk through our town mall and I started to look at the stores I would shop in this spring and the outfits I wanted to wear. It was pretty fun and picked up my spirits for awhile. I didn't start throwing anything out just yet but I am sure the day will come soon enough. :)

Oh hey on another matter for Feb bandsters are you bruised where your incisions are? If so how long did it take for the bruises to form. Don't know if I am just lucky or not but so far no bruises except for where the IV was.

Astro, I just realized you are one of the ladies I met with Heather and my daughter. Got confused cause your signature line said Banded 02/06/07. How are you doing? It was so good to see you and Heather. Are you happy you did this? I think everyone has a few YIKES! minutes or hours in my case. Glad I got over it. Life will go on better than ever. Keep in touch.

Yours truly, Lobster Girl:hungry:

Hi I was banded Feb 2 at TLBC. I had a little brusing around the port site about a 2 in by 2in spot. It is almost gone now. I did look at the scar stage site here, and boy mine looked nothing like that. very minimal scars and brusing. I was expecting it to be a lot worse.

Hey Dame - you are one lucky lady if you did not get bruised. You should see my hand where the anaesthesiologist pricked me 3 times - then once half way up my arm, finally asked him to take the crook of my inner arm - and it worked like a charm. Hand looks terrible black and green. Belly bruising is not too bad - bottom incision is the worst. Had a little oozing blood in a couple of spots but compared to some post op pics I've seen, I think I got off lucky. We went shoe shopping the day after surgery, found some great sales and got back to Heritage House and packed and then off to the plane in the afternoon. Got home at 10:30 pm Mountain Standard Time. :biggrin1:

Hi, I was banded by Dr. Mumford Feb 08/07. No real problems, stayed druged and slept for two days. I have been on Optifast for a month lost 41 lbs to date. Eating a little Jello and Soup but most of all not hungery. I live in North Bay and looking forward to the new me!!

Priscilla sounds like you and me both had the same experience in the operating room. The Dr. kept trying to stick me in the back of my hand but that wouldn't work (and yes I have a bruise there) and then finally he was able to get me in the crook of my arm as well.

None of my incisions are bruised or red or swollen however my lower incision on my stomach which looks the biggest is the most painful one and I am secretly worried that it is infected. I am planning on calling the clinc tomorrow to see if my fears are justified or not.

Hi Canadian Feb bandsters, I was banded on 2/2/07 in Melbourne Australia. I was two days in hospital because I had a bit of a rough time with the anasthetic. I am ten days out now, and feeling better by the day. My port incision is giving me a bit of pain, but I guess that is to be expected.

Susannah

Hey there Susanna from down under,good luck with the weight loss.DameJ and Priscilla ,the anesthesia dude left bruises up and down both arms from the elbows to the hands,not impressed as I'm scared someone around home will notice and expect some sort of explanation,hopefully they'll fade soon. Regardless I'm glad I did this "I think", I still have a few moments where I mourn the loss of the big meal idea but for the most part the smart side of my brain is doing the happy dance.

:) Anyway I'm starting to see baked potatoes and other mushies in my dreams:notagree mmmm.

Wow, a 31/2 pound lobster .... and you still lost 30,that's awesome,so worth it.

I didnt see anywhere about adding lobsters to my Optifast? :biggrin1:

How soon before you surgery did you eat said lobster.

I think that I might go out with my wife when we get to TO. I figure if I have a steak & ceaser salad I should be able to stay in ketosis.

I just dont want to get in heck from the Dr.

Andrew