Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

tattoos?

Thinking about getting a tat after my surgery and when I'm a year post-op. Maybe a poisoned cupcake or something. So my question is has anyone got a tattoo after weightless surgery about there journey. If so what is it?

Jessica. can't wait to start this journey.

I am wanting to get one also I am now 15 days post op so I'm thinking maybe next spring! Haven't decided what I want yet though :)

Butterfly is a great idea, since it used to be a caterpillar that ate and ate and got fatter and fatter. I would love to get a butterfly to represent this.

I'm thinking about a dragonfly....beautiful and delicate yet tough.

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 225.8

I saw someone else posted getting the tattoo on their wrist so they can see it when they eat. I already have quite a few tattoos but they are easily hidden. I think after my surgery though that I will make the leap for the wrist tattoo. I want to get a pocket watch maybe and the time will be 4:40 because the hands will be on the 4 and 8 and my surgery is on 4/8. My only issue is how long after should I get this. I want it as a reminder when I eat but what if I fail. That would then be my only regrettable tattoo I would have.

I saw someone else posted getting the tattoo on their wrist so they can see it when they eat. I already have quite a few tattoos but they are easily hidden. I think after my surgery though that I will make the leap for the wrist tattoo. I want to get a pocket watch maybe and the time will be 4:40 because the hands will be on the 4 and 8 and my surgery is on 4/8. My only issue is how long after should I get this. I want it as a reminder when I eat but what if I fail. That would then be my only regrettable tattoo I would have.

I have no tats, and I simply love your idea. My only deal would be I'd have to add a cancer ribbon of sorts to the body of the burtterfly :) let me know if you come up with anything

I have no tats' date=' and I simply love your idea. My only deal would be I'd have to add a cancer ribbon of sorts to the body of the burtterfly :) let me know if you come up with anything[/quote']

Why not have the ribbon be the body of the butterfly. One of my weight loss goals is to learn to tattoo. I already have a place that will apprentice me, but I have a lot of nerve pain due to my weight so I don't want to start until my nerve pain is resolved. I have a degree in art and really miss painting. I work in insurance now and I am obviously not very happy. I would not tattoo for a living but for a hobby.

I found this online.

post-29870-13813811647389_thumb.jpg

I found this online.

I saw that one and thought it was super cute. Maybe I can add that to my leg sleeve. I think I still want one on my wrist though as a visible reminder.

I've been thinking about this too. I want something to show I made it through this life changing event.

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

I always know of a lot of tattoos I want and it is difficult to decide what I want next. I am still on the fence as to when in my journey would I feel I need the one that represents my surgery. Do I get it right away or wait till my goal weight. I am kind of leaning towards getting it when I hit onederland.

I always know of a lot of tattoos I want and it is difficult to decide what I want next. I am still on the fence as to when in my journey would I feel I need the one that represents my surgery. Do I get it right away or wait till my goal weight. I am kind of leaning towards getting it when I hit onederland.

Yes I'm thinking about it when I hit wonderland also

I want to get "control yourself, take only what you need from it" on my side/rib cage. Kind of a reminder to eat well, have control, use food for nutrition not pleasure.