Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Here I go again :( (sorry long)

Ok here I go again, back in the hospital.

My D.O.S Gastric bypass was on jan 9, 2013, I returned a second time, the following week after surgery due to a blood clot and liquid collecting in my abdomen. Now the 31st I had to come back to the ER because the entire week everything I consumed I had been throwing up. I have been here at this hospital every week of this month to be admitted. I am on the puree stage so certain things agree with me and other things do not.

(At first I thought I was dumping, but I realized things weren't agreeing with my new pouch) Yogurts, puddings , Water and crystal light were the only things that agreed with me and sf Popsicles. I tried progreso Soup, mash potatoes, eggs, tuna, everything that was on my list to do for the puree stage was coming up at this point it was getting annoying.

By 11:30pm I get myself to the emergency room explained what was going on and was told that they had to keep me so they can watch over me...

Since i have been here they have me on a IV and I am still on my puree diet....they are giving me the exact same thing, that comes up but to show them what will happen, I ate it, only for it to come right back up.

Anyway since it is Sunday my Dr is not here but speaking with another Doctor he said they will have to do a X-ray and may have to do another procedure to see if my pouch is open enough, if not they will have to stretch it open a little more so I am able to keep things down...

I'm frustrated because my journey so far has not been easy, but I had a long talk with God last night to remove all my doubts, work with the doctors to heal me and allow my journey to kick off better than what it has been...in fact God spoke through me today because I told the Dr today I refuse to leave until we get this right, he agreed.

.I have lost 34lbs, my current weight is 267 believe me I am happy about my weight loss, I just want to make sure that I am able to eat right, feel healthy and continue on my new journey. I know these are just little obstacles I am going through, but like I said people need to hear both sides good or bad about the surgery. I know this will pass and I will be ok, and that's when I will post up the good stuff. I use to have regrets but I have my big girl panties on and ready to move forward, I know there will be good and bad days, i am just praying for better days.

I hear a lot of people saying oh people that do WLS are taking the easy way out...if this is what you call the easy way out I would have to disagree, there is nothing easy about trying to eat something puréed, and throwing it up, or being in pain because an infection happened...so for the closed minded folks that think this is a easy way out, walk a day in my plus size stilettos if you dare lol

Keep me in prayers please, I will keep you posted on my X-rays and what is happening to my pouch.

( I never knew they could stretch out my new pouch if its to small, anyone else experienced this?

I am still pre-op but my doctor did explain this could happen, and to "open" it, they don't need another surgery, they go in by endoscopy with something like a little balloon to pop it open. He did make it sound like a no brainer and like it is not a big deal, so don't worry. I've included you in my prayers, God is with you and he will make sure you feel better soon.

Keep us posted on your progress... :)

Will do and thanks!

the doctor just came in said she will talk to the other doctors about the endoscopy for tomorrow. And she made it sound so easy like you said...I will keep you posted on what happens thanks again, :)

Saying a prayer for you.

Praying for you!! Keep us updated on your progress

I just wanted to say thanks again for the prayers:)

I am still in the hospital, today i had the endoscopy procedure and they have me on the liquids and i have to say i feel so much better.. Right now they just want to monitor me to make sure what I consume stays down.

So far, I do not have any discomfort like before and I have not thrown up yet, now I am ready to move forward and really ready to embrace my new journey...today was a good day, all smiles and grateful to God :) thanks again!