Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Meal plans

HELP! I'm 9 months out of RNY and for the last several months I've been gaining and losing the same 5 or 6 lbs. I'm scared to death I'm going to fail yet again. I'm going to ramp up my exercise, but I feel like I need specific menus to get me back to losing again. I'd just like to find a book or something that would say , " here is what you eat today, how to cook it, and what to buy at the grocery store." Do any of you know of anything like this?

I was reading an article on the Miles to go website about plateaus and how to shake them loose. Below is an exert from her blog:

1. Strength Training If you are not doing this as part of your program or lifestyle, then it's time to start. Working your muscles will help to strengthen bone tissue, increase lean mass, and ultimately boost metabolic rate.

2. Change Your Exercise Routine So you go walking a lot? Then try jogging, or swimming, or cycling -- anything that will change the way your body is working. If you are doing low intensity cardio work, then try some high intensity exercise. You could increase your length of activity also. Ahhhh...excuse me, "sitting" is not an exercise! The other day I went to the park and got on the swing....does that count? It becomes harder to lose the smaller we get, so we must increase activity and exercise.

3. Getting in extra Protein is a great idea for speeding up weight loss. Eating Protein, for example, increases your metabolism by up to 30 percent and Fiber around 15 percent. Meals can have the potential to boost your metabolic rate up to two hours after you eat. So eating small meals increases calorie burn. Especially small frequent meals. When exercising, it helps to balance Proteins and carbohydrates for recovery.

Stress releases hormones that negatively affect our weight. My nutritionist reminded me to focus on total health and not the scales. I had to remind myself to be relaxed and positive—to do the best I could do and let my body do the rest. Once I settled my emotions, it gave me renewed energy and motivation to move forward. Then out of the blue, the plateau came to the end and my weight took a sudden drop. Even so, I must accept that fluctuations are normal and that plateaus and gains will happen.

Hope this helps

Kristy

Thank you. I appreciate the help. The miles to go website is new to me, but really looked like it would be helpful. I also had never seen the cookbook before! Great advice! Thank you!

Check out: www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com

You will find tons of awesome recipes and tons of useful information. Good luck!!