Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New post op, surgery 1/25, frustrated!

I know I am at the very beginning of my journey and I also know the end result will be worth it, but I am soooo frustrated at this point. I am on puréed post op diet and cannot tolerate anything!! No matter what I eat/drink I either have gas/diarrhea and I am scared that this is what it is going to be like. Any ideas?!?!

I am in the same boat as you. Everything I am eating I am throwing up, I am frustrated and emotional with regrets. I think day by day it will get better and just coming on here talking to other who share the same difficulties will help us with this new journey we are on....since my surgery was on Jan 9th, I am on the puree as well...I am living on yogurt, Jello, progresso Soups (tried one yesterday it stayed down), mash potatoes....and baby food. For me I read what ppl try and I try them to see how it sits well in my pouch...what are you eating in the puree meals>?

I am pre-op (2/14/13) and this is what is freaking me out. Are you able to keep Protein Shakes down? I have heard of Unjury unflavored Protein Powder that is virtually undetectable in even flavored water. I would rather be in pain than throw up. My biggest fear is that I can't keep fluids down. I have had other surgeries where I have gone for days on fluids only and been fine. Do you think it's the pureed stuff?

Before my surgery (jan 9th gastric bypass) I was loving my Protein shakes (Isopure creamy vanilla) after surgery I am unable to keep it down, I tried drinking it at a slow pace, but it comes right up....I spoke to my doctors office today, and she told me to but the carnation essential (I also got it in vanilla) and It didn't come up although I had discomfort once I drank it....

Not sure if you want to try something else as a Protein shake or maybe ask your dr...

everyday since they have put me on puree foods, I have been throwing up...*sighs*

I know I am at the very beginning of my journey and I also know the end result will be worth it' date=' but I am soooo frustrated at this point. I am on puréed post op diet and cannot tolerate anything!! No matter what I eat/drink I either have gas/diarrhea and I am scared that this is what it is going to be like. Any ideas?!?!

[/quote']

I have been blessed thus far that I have not thrown up at all, my problem though us the only thing I can tolerate is 1 oz Peanut Butter, 3 ounces yogurt, and it takes me over an hour for 4oz Protein shake-who means I'm getting like 35 grams Protein daily if I'm lucky, no vomit but diarrhea.........all day!!

jbaum as crazy as it sounds I would rather sh*t than to throw up...ugh lol (hopefully that made u smile) for me it feels like things are stuck in my chest...and like you I feel like all Proteins are lost and gone...

I think for the most part, like I have heard others say on here, we just have to adjust and try to get our Proteins in....have you spoken with your doctor...I have been calling mine so much because of this too...