Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The wings got me hope i didnt hurt myself

Will hubby came home for lunch with wings

I ate to small wings no skin with alittle blue cheese dressing

"The Devil made me do it"

Only one week postoperative but it got the best

Of me

What's your opinion??

Thanks

Well, it was one wing. I am assuming you chewed it really well. We are human. I just would not make a habit of that early on. I know you won't so just enjoy it and move on. :) Hope you don't get sick!

But I hear you about the 'devil'. I was dying for hot sauce at the begining. I think it was the first condiment I used once I was allowed chicken. Canned chicken and a drop of Red Hot.

I've has 1 chicken wing twice since surgery. I don't think it's that big of deal. Just think I used to be able to sit down and eat 10 at a time.

And Worm I want to eat hot sauce on everything. Anything I can put it on I've been doing it.

Will hubby came home for lunch with wings

I ate to small wings no skin with alittle blue cheese dressing

"The Devil made me do it"

Only one week postoperative but it got the best

Of me

What's your opinion??

Thanks

I dont know how you didnt it. I have been on liquids for 3 weeks and today was my first encounter with soft food. (15 day post op down 19.8 lbs) I have been craving a burger so I cooked a 4oz turkey burger with a little mustard and a little light cheese no bread of course. The first small bit was was wonderful so I ate another, but it was that final bit that killed me total of 1.5oz . OMG I thought I would die it was like I had swallowed a whole melon. I was saying GOD please let me throw up, but instead it just sat there for 4 miserable hours I learned a great lesson know when you are full. "trial and error".

I was on liquids and soft for like 4-5 wks post op. Please don't fall into bad eating habits so soon after surgery. Its one wing now and a few weeks it will be a few more wings, etc. etc..... you know where I'm heading. Please stick to low fat, healthy choices...you won't be sorry.

I was on liquids and soft for like 4-5 wks post op. Please don't fall into bad eating habits so soon after surgery. Its one wing now and a few weeks it will be a few more wings' date=' etc. etc..... you know where I'm heading. Please stick to low fat, healthy choices...you won't be sorry.[/quote']

I agree with this! Be mindful :)

I was on liquids and soft for like 4-5 wks post op. Please don't fall into bad eating habits so soon after surgery. Its one wing now and a few weeks it will be a few more wings' date=' etc. etc..... you know where I'm heading. Please stick to low fat, healthy choices...you won't be sorry.[/quote']

I 100% agree. I had eaten one when we were at a party. I won't bring stuff like that into my house. So I'm not worried.

Ok so tomorrow is my first full day on my liquid diet BUT we are having our last lunch of wings. Confessed....and I'll be good thereafter. Anyone else "cheat" on their pre-op diet?

Omg I'm almost 4 weeks post op and I can't eat hardly anything without feeling like its stuck. Hopefully this gets better

I'm 4 weeks post op.. I have found I can eat salad with some fine chopped chicken on top.. stayed down well .. I have been having trouble keeping things down..I always seem to have to make myself throw up because I get an awful pain

If it settled then your good. At 6 weeks I ate a chicken wing in a Resturant and ran out instantly and threw up in the parking lot praying no one was looking and was horrified when I turned to an audience lol. I blame it on a number of things too soon, didn't chew enough, and ate to fast

Live and learn:)

.::SurgeryDate 7/25/12::.

I ate some chicken dip really soon after surgery and threw up so much I swore never again and I haven't. Sometimes I think its good thing so that when I see those off limit foods I associate them with that feeling. But we are fighting a mental battle as well as a physical one. Just be careful its not a slippery slope, today its a chicken wing, tomorrow its pizza, we all know how that story goes.