Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello everyone!

First I have to say, I am so glad I have found this forum. I tried using this app on my Ipad but I had trouble trying to post. Anyway, I had my Gastric Bypass surgery on January 9, 2013

approximately a few days later I had to return to the hospital because they found an infection (liquid and a blood clot in my stomach which caused a lot of pain) My transition into my new life has been a little rough so far, I have lost 22lbs so far, but I am feeling a little discouraged and having some regrets.

I am in stage 2 (puree foods) and having difficulties keeping little things down like eggs, Water and even my Protein Shake that I so loved before the operation (Isopure vanilla) and for some reason things taste like metal...(I swear I am going crazy...lol)

What made me look for a forum like this is I really do not have any support, the people I do know that have had the surgery for some reason do not want to share their experiences. Anyway this is just a little about me and my journey thus far. I am hoping in the days to come my journey becomes easier, and hoping more that my new pouch can work with me along the way. Feel free to respond, give advice, recipes anything that can help. (excuse my grammar & errors) :) now off to fix my new profile

I think it's pretty common for things to taste "funny" after surgery. I experienced that! chocolate ruled my life before surgery and right after surgery I wanted nothing to do with it (including my chocolate Protein drink)! From my experience, the "funny taste" went away, and although some taste changes are permanent (don't want chocolate milk at all!) it gets better with time (loving my 3x weekly dark chocolate Hershey kiss)!

Dairy doesn't seem to sit well either, but like you said it gets better in time...;)

Truthfully, eggs are tough for everyone. Esp.in the beginning. I still have a problem with hard boiled eggs and I am 9 months out.

Wow 9 months and still....it just amazes me what I can tolerate now and hearing from others i see I'm not alone.

I can do a little hard boiled egg. Quiche rocks- fried egg..one...sometimes a half of a two egg omlet if its done wet not dry.

I can do a little hard boiled egg. Quiche rocks- fried egg..one...sometimes a half of a two egg omlet if its done wet not dry.

I will be a year out on feb 21st and still can't do a scrambled egg.. I can't do rice or Pasta. Pork ....well depends on how it's cooked.

What happens with eggs? Im eating my first meal since surgery 1/15...a scrambled egg. I love it. Am I expected to have some kind of difficulty?

What happens with eggs? Im eating my first meal since surgery 1/15...a scrambled egg. I love it. Am I expected to have some kind of difficulty?

I just find I don't like the way it feels in my pouch... Too dry??? I just really don't like it.

Each person is different. This am I had a small slice of gluten free toast with low fat cream cheese. ..and its sitting like a rock. ... 9 months out.

Some people don't do well eating eggs. Some are fine like you. That's all!

DOS 12/17/12

Nice moist scrambled egg-spray coffee mug with cooking spray, crack one egg in cup , add 1tbsp milk & beat with fork. Microwave for 35 seconds, stir & microwave for 35 seconds more. The result is a nice, moist scrambled egg. Sometimes I put a slice of low fat cheese over the egg once on a plate & microwave it for another 8-10 sec. It is really good and gives me 11 grams of Protein. I hope this works for others!

I will try it that way, hopefully it works...I am so tired of dumping...:(