Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey everyone I'm a newbie here and I've been approved by my insurance for surgery but I don't have a date yet. Most likely March from what my drs have said and I should find out this week what the actual date is. But my friend is getting married in August and I'm in her wedding. Yesterday her bridal consultant said we should order by end of April to get the dress in time...how can u order a dress for August when I may only be 1 month post op!? They said as long as I'm not more than 2 dress sizes smaller than what I order, they can make it fit me. Has anyone had to deal with this? Fortunately my friend is super laid back and very supportive and she doesn't care if I have to order separate and the color isn't the exact same die batch...she just wants me there (love her!!) how in the world do I order a dress when I have not a clue what I will weight or how i'll be shaped??? The consultant asked me if I knew where the weight was going to come off...I told her ideally my boobs would stay big but the rest of me would shrink. Lol is she serious!? Lol!!! But seriously....what do you do?? I know I will need at least 2 months lead time at the absolute latest. My thoughts are order my size at the time of order if I order at 2 months prior...that will put me 3 months post op...

I would say wait til the last minute, then order 2 sizes down from what you are at that point. They'll still be able to go down 2 more if needed. Do you get to pick your own dress in the selected color, or are all the bridesmaids wearing the same dress? If you can pick your own, pick something simple with clean lines, it can be taken in more than a detailed dress.

The dress that the other bridesmaid and I choose is rouched and is A line so it's very forgiving but we r all wearing the same dress. The good thing is I found the dress online at an online store so I don't have to order the same time as the other bridesmaids....

I am 6 weeks out and lost 30 pounds from my surgery date (was 269 day of surgery), so I average 5 pounds a week, Well technically I lost a bunch the first 2 weeks and then about 2-3 pounds since then. I lost my weight everywhere from my fingers to my butt to my boobs, lol. Is it an A line dress? If so I would do 1 size down from your current bust at ordering and then have them take it in. You usually don't drop over 2 sizes your first month, but depends on where your weight is lost. In the past, where do you lose it the most? Then go from there. It is easy to take in, but hard to let out a dress. So in 1 size, means you could lose 3 sizes the first month and the dress would look good still. That is what I would do.

Thank you! This is what I was wondering...I was debating about going down a size in ordering and then adjusting from there...the top is rouched and then it has an empire waist with a sash and then A line from there... :-) this is great info and will help me give them information if I have to order from a store. When the lady asked where I was going to lose it from...I just looked at her and was thinking...where am I not going to lose it might be a better question....lol