Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Protein shake pre-op diet

Burnt out on taste or energy? If its energy, take the Vitamins recommended by your surgeon....especially Vitamin b-12. And lots of water....when you are dehydrated...you feel tired.. That's all I got for you on energy...as for taste...I'm burnt out on taste as well....cant help you there....hope you get some answers and feel better...

Kat

I start Monday so this might be easier said than done. They told me the first 3 days are the hardest. If you can get through 3 days its smooth sailing. Stay strong!

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

Thanks for the replies. I think you're right. I didn't realize it at the time, but I didn't drink ANY Water yesterday... Idk, maybe I thought the shakes would be enough. I just woke up and I'm dehydrated. I plan yo drink much water today, hopefully I can get my energy back. I use the Atkins Advantage shakes, they're like Starbucks, that good seriously. Since I can only have up to 4 a day, I bought 4 flavors to break the monotony. Thanks again, I'll keep you all posted. Good luck!

It does get easier....I've been on 2 shakes a day and one small lean Protein and veg a day .... For 2.5 weeks and have 1.5 weeks till surgery. I believe sticking to it will help with how things will change after surgery. I had a few screw ups, but we have to get used to eating less, drinking more and having self control...we can do this.

God bless you both on your journeys

Kat

2 shakes and a small meal sounds like Heaven! lol, My surgery date is 8 Feb 2013, and I'm overanxious! I can't wait to get this over with and get on with my life. I've been drinking plenty of Water today so I hope things get better. On a good note, I lost 5 lbs since yesterday! I hope I can keep it stead lol... Thanks so much you guys for the help! I'll definitely try to get more active on this site and try to help and be helped. Thanks!

Sean

Geez I wish could lose 5 overnight.....good job. My surgery is Feb 6th and I am getting antsy too....I just want to get it done and start my new life......like you said, its time to move n already...I wish it was tomorrow

Just a couple weeks guys!! You're almost there!!!

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 251, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 251

I know I am so excited!

My surgery date is Feb 18. I haven't started the shakes yet, but truely I'm not looking forward to it. I've never liked shakes, it's a texture thing. I keep trying to make smoothies and shakes here and there, trying to get used to it. My surgeon suggested freezing the shakes and having them as popsicles. I might have to try that. I'm hoping the shakes will taste good. Keeping my fingers crossed!

I was on shake for 28 days straight twice a day. Idk how I didn't go crazy but I said I won't fail& I will pull threw. 2 shakes 1 meal each & everyday for 28 days then liquid day 29 then starving day 30 can't drink or eat the day of surgery.

Thanks Mami and Turtle... I guess I don't have it to bad then. I can't do cold things like Popsicles lol, I never could. Am I the only one who dreams about food??? I see now that I have a serious food addiction. I'm in bed next to my wife and infant daughter but I'm thinking about food. I heard that most cravings go away after surgery??? Is that true?

Sean

I know how you feel. I am just on my pre diet but still solids, i find myself fantasizing about food all the time

It does get easier....I've been on 2 shakes a day and one small lean Protein and veg a day .... For 2.5 weeks and have 1.5 weeks till surgery. I believe sticking to it will help with how things will change after surgery. I had a few screw ups' date=' but we have to get used to eating less, drinking more and having self control...we can do this.

God bless you both on your journeys

Kat[/quote']

I have been on 2 shakes and one meal for a little over a week. I have lost over 10lbs already. Although my surgery is not til end of Feb. my surgeon wanted me to do this to get some more weight off. My only problem is I gain extra weight in fluids every month. I was literally 305 around the 16th of this month and the very next morning I was 323. Really! This happens every month about and it means I have to work extra hard to get back to where I was. I can't get below 305. I don't know what the problem is. I don't have period anymore so it isn't that. Anybody else had or have this problem?