Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my surgery 1/18 last Friday. I'm feeling good pain wise. Getting my Protein and Water in. In fact I really feel like eating something. Tired of drinking. But my biggest complaint is I'm just so tired. I slept 10 hours last night and feel like i could go back to sleep. Some days I do and take a 3 hour nap but then cant get to sleep at a decent hour at night. I just have no energy. Been making myself walk for 20-30 minutes a day though. Anyone else have this problem? Is this normal? Oh also i am taking my Vitamins.< /p>

I had surgery 12/27 and I'm still tired. I was told that it might take around six weeks to get back to normal.

I had my surgery 1/18 last Friday. I'm feeling good pain wise. Getting my Protein and Water in. In fact I really feel like eating something. Tired of drinking. But my biggest complaint is I'm just so tired. I slept 10 hours last night and feel like i could go back to sleep. Some days I do and take a 3 hour nap but then cant get to sleep at a decent hour at night. I just have no energy. Been making myself walk for 20-30 minutes a day though. Anyone else have this problem? Is this normal? Oh also i am taking my Vitamins.

Couple thoughts on this

A-your body is healing,that's hard work

B-food is fuel, the amount of calories you are consuming vs. what your body is used to is totally ridiculous.

Give yourself time to heal and your body time to adjust, I was told 8-12 weeks to really feel 'normal'. If you think something isn't right call your surgeon, that's what they're there for :)

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 251, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 251

R u able to take your Vitamins!! B12, Iron B1 and your Multi Vitamins You maybe Lacking you need to tell your Dr and get some Blood work up done!! Do this ASAP!!!

R u able to take your Vitamins!! B12' date=' Iron B1 and your Multi Vitamins You maybe Lacking you need to tell your Dr and get some Blood work up done!! Do this ASAP!!![/quote']

Yes I am getting all my Vitamins in. I'm going to the dr on Wednesday for post op appt. so I will mention it to them then!

I had the same issue when I was post op. i'd fall asleep without knowing it and would wake up a few hours later. My doctor said it was perfectly normal as long as I was getting my liquids, Protein and was able to get up and move around. That was my experience.

Also hyrdocodine made me really tired...the pain medicine I was on week post surgery. If your still on pain meds that could be why. Just a thought.

I had the same problem, and was still having a problem about 6 weeks after so they did blood work and my Iron levels were pretty much non existant also my Protein level was to low. I now take a iron supplement twice a day and started snacking on turkey jerkey to get my protein in. Of course you can't do the Jerky yet, but keep trying with the shakes. I felt like a new person after only a couple of days. You also have to remember that it does take about 4 weeks after to start getting your energy back and don't worry to much if you need to nap. Your body has went through alot and needs time to heal and get used to the new normal. I'm six months out now and 104 lbs. lost and have more energy then I ever had.