Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Surgery Dates

It finally happened. I cried. I keep telling myself no regrets...no regrets....but dang it sometimes a girl just wants to be able to eat fried chicken and fart. Ughh...sorry about that visual. I suppose this horrendous left sided belly pain will be around a few more days. Any advice getting through "hell week"?

Just think in a month when you've lost weight how good ur going to feel.. i haven't been hungry. My surgery was just yesterday but im kinda ok with the not eating. Be strong

Dancing' date=' Dancing, Dancing!!!! She’s a Dancing Machineeeeeee!

I’m APPROVED!!!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D[/quote']

Congrats!!!

Bypass date 3.19.13 CW 254 GW 145

Lol! You said he wasn't bad looking...maybe you told him. Lol. That is cute!

Yes, girl! My thoughts exactly!!

Good luck to all the Marchers going in today and tomorrow!!! Good luck E1!!!

HW 341 GW 150 LW 296 CW 292.8 RNY 03/25/13

Thank you extremely nervous but took time to have my hair highlighted and french braided. Just a small pampering.

Janel

First post op check in. Surgery was 3/11 at 8 AM. Got released from the hospital 3/13 at 2PM. Getting in n out of my memory foam mattress at home hurt a lot. No way to not use your stomach muscles when you sink in and need to roll over get up whatever. Moved to the recliner in the living room around 3 AM this morning. Gonna transition into the guest room for a few days now.

My surgery took about an hour longer than it should have because my liver was still so large. Do not, I repeat do not ask your doctor about a last meal before your surgery. The pain of an extra hour on the OR table isn't worth it. That along with the two extra cuts into the stomach muscles to accommodate the tools just proves that was a really bad idea.

Facts... You are going to be in pain after the surgery. Walking often helps. Yes, you aren't going to want to walk but do it anyway. IT HELPS. sugar free Popsicles are your friend. Yogurt helps getting the first BM going and keeping you regular. Not near as much gas pain here as I've heard from some of the other postops but haven't varied too much from my liquid diet from the hospital now that I'm home.

God bless all and stay strong. Prayers going up for everyone.

First post op check in. Surgery was 3/11 at 8 AM. Got released from the hospital 3/13 at 2PM. Getting in n out of my memory foam mattress at home hurt a lot. No way to not use your stomach muscles when you sink in and need to roll over get up whatever. Moved to the recliner in the living room around 3 AM this morning. Gonna transition into the guest room for a few days now.

My surgery took about an hour longer than it should have because my liver was still so large. Do not' date=' I repeat do not ask your doctor about a last meal before your surgery. The pain of an extra hour on the OR table isn't worth it. That along with the two extra cuts into the stomach muscles to accommodate the tools just proves that was a really bad idea.

Facts... You are going to be in pain after the surgery. Walking often helps. Yes, you aren't going to want to walk but do it anyway. IT HELPS. sugar free Popsicles are your friend. Yogurt helps getting the first BM going and keeping you regular. Not near as much gas pain here as I've heard from some of the other postops but haven't varied too much from my liquid diet from the hospital now that I'm home.

God bless all and stay strong. Prayers going up for everyone.[/quote']

When was your last meal before your surgery? Just wondering I am worried about the liver and tomorrow is my surgery

Janel

When was your last meal before your surgery? Just wondering I am worried about the liver and tomorrow is my surgery

Janel

Ate a salad n Protein Shake about 6PM the night before surgery. Had my meds with Water around 11:30PM. Nothing to eat or drink after midnight. If you're worried about it don't be. Too late for that now. Just concentrate on getting in the right frame of mind for after the surgery.

Prayers for tomorrow.

Ate a salad n Protein Shake about 6PM the night before surgery. Had my meds with Water around 11:30PM. Nothing to eat or drink after midnight. If you're worried about it don't be. Too late for that now. Just concentrate on getting in the right frame of mind for after the surgery.

Prayers for tomorrow.

I was on a liquid diet the day before surgery, and was 10lbs lighter the morning of surgery, and my surgeon said my liver had shrunk

Has anyone had a problem with burping where a local landfill would smell better??? I have been burping for three or four days n burping allllll day n night n i swear a local landfill smells better then my mouth i brush my teeth tongue sides of mouth n roof of mouth and still burps reck horrid plus any help will do

Feeling stronger and stronger every day. I should be going home in a few hours, just cannot wait.

Has anyone had a problem with burping where a local landfill would smell better??? I have been burping for three or four days n burping allllll day n night n i swear a local landfill smells better then my mouth i brush my teeth tongue sides of mouth n roof of mouth and still burps reck horrid plus any help will do

Brushing your teeth etc is not why the burp smells, it smells because of the gasses that are produced in your stomach.

Just hang in there when you diet / food intake changes it should get better.

Brushing your teeth etc is not why the burp smells' date=' it smells because of the gasses that are produced in your stomach.

Just hang in there when you diet / food intake changes it should get better.[/quote']

I hope so cause man my husband must really love me cause my butt would not be goong never him or sleepin in the sam bed lol oh and great job on going home

I had barely any pain' date=' it was mostly just soreness and my back hurt, I'm a week post op today and i have no pain at all![/quote']

U have no pain?! I'm so jealous! Mine was on 3/6 and I'm still feeling awful! Are u up and moving around and eating w/o nausea?

Well it's checkout time and so glad to be going home. Been pain free since yesterday. And it's been wonderful, for a major op, very little pain.

Just that gas!!

Doc is sending me home with some meds, just in case.

Now to join the march post op thread.

Well it's checkout time and so glad to be going home. Been pain free since yesterday. And it's been wonderful' date=' for a major op, very little pain.

Just that gas!!

Doc is sending me home with some meds, just in case.

Now to join the march post op thread.[/quote']

You check out and I'm checking in. Off to the LOOSERS BENCH for me. This is the one time I don't mind being called a looser.

Janel