Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New to this Gastric bypass on march 6

Hey everyone. I'm very excited to be getting ready to have gastric bypass surgery though I'm nervous at the same time cause everyone that knows I'm having it keep saying the bad in everything not the good. But I need to be healthier for my son. Do anyone have any advice leading up to surgery or after surgery?

I am new as well to the community. I definitely am on the same page as you are. I have to children and want to be there for mines as well, You are taking care of you and to be there for your son. As far as what others are saying they are not in your shoes so let them say what they will. I commend you for being brave and putting your health and love for your son first. Being afraid is natural. Just remember "YOU MATTER." Stay strong and never give in to what others say. Its your choice to make. God bless:-)

Hey everyone. I'm very excited to be getting ready to have gastric bypass surgery though I'm nervous at the same time cause everyone that knows I'm having it keep saying the bad in everything not the good. But I need to be healthier for my son. Do anyone have any advice leading up to surgery or after surgery?

First, your baby is BEAUTIFUL! Secondly I'm also preop and nervous. I don't have a surgery date yet though :( I can't wait to be healthy with lots of energy. Just think of all of the wonderful things you'll be able to do with your baby. As far as everyone else and their comments, let them eat their words when you're thinner and happy!

Hi Girls. I am 2 months out. Hands down the best decision I have ever made. It's tough but I have more energy and I feel so much better about myself. I did this for my daughter and couldn't be happier. So go ahead be nervous. But the outcome is so worth it.

Welcome Ladies!!! And I agree with MalyssaSue, I am also two months out and I think it was a great decision.

My advice is take it day by day. The hardest thing to overcome is wanting to rush everything: the weight loss, the food we eat, how fast can we get back to daily life, etc. This is a life changing process and it takes time for our bodies and our minds to adjust. Also, try to remember this is YOUR journey. I struggle with this all the time. I can't compare me to others since we are all on different paths but all hope to reach the same goal to be healthy. We are all here for you so never hesitate to ask a question or reach out for support. The great folks here have brought me in off a "ledge" a few times.

Good luck!

Thank u so much for the encouraging words ladies;)

Hello ladies..Im also new to this..And everyone is also telling me that I don't need to have the surgery but im doing it for my health and my 3 beautiful girls...People will always have something to say ..Some good and some bad ...But do want makes you happy ..Good luck.Hopely Ill be having my surgery in April.

I am new as well to the community. I definitely am on the same page as you are. I have to children and want to be there for mines as well' date=' You are taking care of you and to be there for your son. As far as what others are saying they are not in your shoes so let them say what they will. I commend you for being brave and putting your health and love for your son first. Being afraid is natural. Just remember "YOU MATTER." Stay strong and never give in to what others say. Its your choice to make. God bless:-)[/quote']

Thank you soooo much I truly needed to hear that. I felt alone. Idk if my friends and co workers are forming jealousy or what but they just are extremely negative!

First' date=' your baby is BEAUTIFUL! Secondly I'm also preop and nervous. I don't have a surgery date yet though :( I can't wait to be healthy with lots of energy. Just think of all of the wonderful things you'll be able to do with your baby. As far as everyone else and their comments, let them eat their words when you're thinner and happy![/quote']

Thank you shawna29! That's my prince. :) and your right this is a healthy path I'm choosing. I appreciate it and i can't wait for your surgery date!!!

Hello ladies..Im also new to this..And everyone is also telling me that I don't need to have the surgery but im doing it for my health and my 3 beautiful girls...People will always have something to say ..Some good and some bad ...But do want makes you happy ..Good luck.Hopely Ill be having my surgery in April.

I hope you get your surgery soon figure if we all stick together well be ok! For our kids and all.

Yes I def.agrre