Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Vicki, I totally agree with you. The Vitamins totally surprise me on who can take what and when and how different it all is. Same with eating. When I had my class before surgery we were all told 2 weeks of liquid then 2 weeks of puréed then to start soft foods and work your way up from that. I was on a puréed foods before I left the hospital and on soft foods 8 days after surgery (the fact of eating puréed foods literally made me really sick and I didn't eat and hardly drank for 4 days cause I felt like a failure). My doctor words exactly "take very very small bites and chew chew chew cause if you don't you will feel like you wanna die. Of course you won't but you will want to." I haven't had any issues at all and I am 2 months post op today. I really like this app cause everyone has different experiences and shares that. Gives you an idea of different possibilities and you can explore those on your own. I have learned so much and have tried new stuff from what people have said on here. If it don't work, it don't work and you move onto something else that might. I think we should compare notes sometime and look at the differences and take that to our doctors and nutritionist and see why it's different. Just an idea. Lol. Have a great weekend everyone!!!!

I was just thinking about some of this the past couple of days. Don't you wish there was a study somewhere that said if you take "these" Vitamins you blood work will "be" or if you do liquids for so many weeks your long term success will "be" or this doctor's rules have such and such success. It just seems that there is no way any of us could be WLS experts when the experts don't even agree on what is what. Confuses the heck out of me some days. I just try every day to do the best I can' date=' and I am sure I am getting some things wrong and some things right. But heck if I am sure what. The Vitamins really confuse me. Why would one doc say take two flintstone completes that you can pick up at any store, and another say it has to be a bariatric kind that you have to take three or four times a day plus other supplements that you order online and costs a fortune. Can't they agree on something and keep it simple for us and yet keep us healthy? that is all I want to be is healthy. I know that we are all going to lose at different rates, have different pain levels or tolerances and some of us will have complications. I am just talking the basics here. I wish there were basics that they all agreed on, and then of course it would be somewhat different with patients as they tolerate things ect. Just boggles my mind some times. I appreciate every single one of you and your experiences and your advice and you encouragement. I hope I have never ever came across as an "expert" I just try to give encouragement where I can and answer a question that maybe i know the answer to. Hugs to you all, and thank you for traveling with me[/quote']

I wish there were a magic pill we could take that would make us all healthy and surgery would not be needed! Seriously though I don't even believe the doctors are experts. Maybe with the surgery, but after surgery my perception is its all trial and error. I've never been one to deprive myself of any food, Portion Control is another matter. I don't believe any one should judge another, not that I'm over religious, but I believe my maker is the only one who can judge another. Just saying! I love this forum, I believe it gives me guidelines I can choose to use or not. I enjoy reading about others experiences as it helps me make decisions best for me. I'm only one week post op, but I'm enjoying this ride on this roller coaster!

You guys are cracking me up with the flogging and such! It's like any group' date=' there is always a few bad apples! I just keep scrolling and really read what might help me. Unless I become your DR, I will never consider myself an expert. But if you ask, I will tell you what I know and have been told. It always come with a disclaimer: ACWYDTIOMJAK.......Always check with your Doctor this is only my journey and knowledge! Bahm!! Should I add it to a ticker? (Ok., I'm going crazy! Started my Vitamins today!!)[/quote']

Lol

SD: 10/10/12, Converted from Lapband to RNY, HW (before band) 263, HW (RNY) 230, Preop 219, after surgery 223, CURRENT... 187 YEAH!!!!

I'd rather be flogged with cheesecake than brownies....chocolate has never been my thing. Listening to all y'all talk about how weird your taste buds got I'll probably be begging for chocolate in a month.

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 251, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 251

I have been really amazed at the wide differences between surgeons. It makes me really wonder what studies have been done about the restrictions and limitations.

Tell me about it. I have been reading for months about how the procedures are in the USA and compare them to here(Sweden) and it is like night and day sometimes. I dont mean just the dietary recomendations, but the entire process from the start has some but few simularities. My doctor was from Iceland.

Tell me about it. I have been reading for months about how the procedures are in the USA and compare them to here(Sweden) and it is like night and day sometimes. I dont mean just the dietary recomendations' date=' but the entire process from the start has some but few simularities. My doctor was from Iceland.[/quote']

Tell us more about what they recommend and your rules there. I am so curious

Bless your heart....I start liquids Monday so I'm celebrating with something special 'one last time' for dinner every night....forcing myself to do a shake for Breakfast just to get my gut used to them' date=' so far, my gut ain't happy!!!!

When do you get soft foods added????[/quote']

Sorry I am late answering. Started soft foods 2/1/13 ( my doc doesnt do puree) it has been trial and error my head and eyes are bigger than my new stomach but I am learning when I am full.

Lol I'm gonna say it because my nut harped on it this week...do not use nuts and Peanut Butter as your Protein sources' date=' they're too high in fat!!!!! (I will be eating peanut butter....there's not many boundaries I'm planning to push but I'm pushing the PB boundary with her :D)

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 251, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 251[/quote']

First of all let me make it clear i am not a "expert" LOL. I am only 5 weeks post op, but just wanted to rely to the comment about PB that is what my NUT recommends for the same reasons regular Peanut Butter has too much fat.

My hospital has two surgeons. With my surgeon, I had to gradually go through phases of liquids, soft foods and then pureed foods at week 3. With the other surgeon, she let her patients start on pureed foods about a week after surgery. There is a huge difference in opinions of surgeons. My boss had one surgeon and I had the other. We both did fine recovering. I have happily discovered that eating some grapefruit segments with splenda or stevia seems to be helping my weight loss! :D

Good grief I hope no one ever took a post of mine like that. I am surely no expert. I screw up Dailey. However I saw a post yesterday from a person who was eating a "no no" item. I was do mad because this same person ripped another member a new bum for eating almost the same item about a month ago. I was furious but I will not argue with people. We all struggle. We all have different plans. I'm allowed fruit and whole grain toast in small amounts after Protein. Some are not. I ate a piece of brownie yesterday. Another member ate a cupcake. No judgement please. We all have bad days. We need to support and encourage.

Ok I'm done.. :-)

Heather, I just love your spirit <3

And yes, we all have our mistakes. I try to follow my surgeon, dietician & exercise physiologist's advice. With a crazy schedule at work, graduate school, a family with 2 teens, things can be so rough. I used to beat myself up for any mistake. Not any more! Am cautious but accepting am a human being.

Sent from my Galaxy S III using RNYTalk

mmmmmmm anything food I havent eaten in 3 weeks.

Loooool

What about in 6 months!

Sent from my Galaxy S III using RNYTalk