Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Oh, My Achin Tailbone

So, I'm down 130 since surgery. Feeling great.

One problem I've noticed is tailbone pain. When I sit too long I get a pain im my a$$ that won't quit. Feels like I'm sitting on a lit campfire. The wife says it's cause I have no butt anymore but I want to hear from you guys. Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks and good luck to all.

I have something similar not a burning feeling but I defiantly get a sore tail bone after sitting to long. I am hoping I don't fall on my less meaty bum because I can be quite a clutz

I have that problem too but mine is from a bad fall down cement steps where I landed on my tail bone and fractured it. Now that I am down some weight and no more extra padding on the back side mine too hurts but only on certain seats.

Tailbone pain was my WORST pain in the hospital. I finally mentioned it to the nurse and she said to alternate a flat pillow underneath each butt cheek and low and behold she was right. I wish I hadn't waited to mention it. I haven't had much trouble since I've been home but will do that again if I get tailbone pain. It was like a small miracle!!! Or big if u consider the starting size of my bumm. LOL.

I have fibromyalgia as well and the meds I was taking irritates my stomach. Now, I have the worst tailbone pain ever- it is hard to sit for more than 5 or 10 mins. In having horrific pain. I went to hospital to get it checked out and they didn't see anything, but have me muscle relaxers.

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

I have fibromyalgia as well and the meds I was taking irritates my stomach. Now' date=' I have the worst tailbone pain ever- it is hard to sit for more than 5 or 10 mins. In having horrific pain. I went to hospital to get it checked out and they didn't see anything, but have me muscle relaxers.

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk[/quote']

It is the worst. My meds kill my pouch so I am off of them and the pain has gotten terrible

I am pre-op going in on Valentine's Day. On December 18th, I herniated a disc in my lower back. I can sit to save my life. I am in physical therapy, but sleeping on my side is the only comfortable position I can find, or standing. I tried seeing my chiropractor, but it didn't help. There is a pillow that is made of memory foam with a hold to take off the pressure. That seems to be tolerable. But physical therapy has been the only relief I have had. I hope this goes away before the 14th. If you can try therapy, that might help- best of luck!

My BF has surgery to help with her back pain and it's gotten worse esp in the tailbone area. She uses a plastic padded lumbar seat QVC sells. She says it helps a lot.

Im having a ct scan tomorrow hopefully my disc disease hasnt gotten so bad that I need surgery. Just maybe some pain injections

Hope all goes well!

I woke up from surgery with horrible lower back/tailbone pain. I mentioned it to the nurses and they didn't say much. It's slowly gotten better but it's still there and very irritating. I never had this pain before surgery. Anyone have a reason why? lol

ooooh yes the booty aches!! lol and the back pain is horrible!

Not with my butt so much as with my hips. I can be laying on a soft bed and if I turn my body a certain way my hip bones dig in and agh it hurts. I keep hurting my hip bones one way or another. Though now that I think about it I think I have experienced occasional tailbone pain too - the part where my legs meet my butt on the bottom

- Kaylee Ann ~ Surgerversary 6/11/2012

Thanks all,

Sorry for your pain but it's good to know it's not just me.