Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What ya eating tonight?

What are everyone's thought on bacon and do you think it can be eaten in the soft food stage? I'm going to a Breakfast buffet tomorrow and so far I'm probably going to be stuck with just scrambled eggs.< /p>

What are everyone's thought on bacon and do you think it can be eaten in the soft food stage? I'm going to a breakfast buffet tomorrow and so far I'm probably going to be stuck with just scrambled eggs.

Bacon is one food that made me really sick...from two bites. The fat content is too high for me.

Bacon is one food that made me really sick...from two bites. The fat content is too high for me.

I was told no bacon or sausage.

What are everyone's thought on bacon and do you think it can be eaten in the soft food stage? I'm going to a breakfast buffet tomorrow and so far I'm probably going to be stuck with just scrambled eggs.

I can have one piece tops. Usually limit it to half a piece. Any more than that and I'll get sick. Sausage doesn't bother me.

I can have one piece tops. Usually limit it to half a piece. Any more than that and I'll get sick. Sausage doesn't bother me.

At least the sausage patty that I had in a breakfast sandwich didn't bother me. Fried sausage I'm sure would.

I was told no bacon or sausage.

I can eat both. I have turkey sausage once every week or so but I'm 7 months out.

My doc also advises against Protein Drinks. Thankfully I've always been able to get between 60-80g of Protein every day. I eat a lot of Greek 2x yogurt. I eat extra lean ham and cheese rolled up almost every day and fish every day. Often I have low fat cottage cheese for breakfast. That all seems to do the trick.

I'm thankfully one of the lucky ones who has never thrown up so getting in enough protein has not been a problem. I track everything on MFP to be sure I stay within 600-900 calories, 60-80g protein, less than 100g of carbs and less than 30g of fat. So far so good. I'm about 5 lbs from my original goal but thinking maybe I want to lose another 5-8 lbs.

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

I can eat both. I have turkey sausage once every week or so but I'm 7 months out.

My doc also advises against Protein drinks. Thankfully I've always been able to get between 60-80g of protein every day. I eat a lot of Greek 2x yogurt. I eat extra lean ham and cheese rolled up almost every day and fish every day. Often I have low fat cottage cheese for breakfast. That all seems to do the trick.

I'm thankfully one of the lucky ones who has never thrown up so getting in enough protein has not been a problem. I track everything on MFP to be sure I stay within 600-900 calories' date=' 60-80g protein, less than 100g of carbs and less than 30g of fat. So far so good. I'm about 5 lbs from my original goal but thinking maybe I want to lose another 5-8 lbs.

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk[/quote']

It is amazing how different the doctors are. I keep reading how some doctors don't allow shakes. I would never hit my protein without them. I am only 4 weeks postop. I am still struggling to eat enough to count. I mainly eat only protein items, but can't eat a full serving yet. I keep hoping that will come soon. It may sound weird, but after a bite or two everything seems to make me want to gag. I think it's the chewing that gets to me most. I not a huge fan of Greek yogurt, but I have been mixing some skim milk into it and seem to be able to get it down once it is not so thick.

Protein Shake for dinner.< /p>

Dont feel like eating today.. lol

I just had my 3 month appt. They said we should be getting 800-1000 calories per day....3 meals...no snacks...no more Protein Shakes.< /p>

How is that possible?? I can't get 800 calories on solid food when um supposed to eat all my Protein first. I wouldnt have room for carbs/extra calories??

Wow. I just had my 9 month check up and they are still demanding I eat FIVE times a day. That's insane.

I went to Walmart and got a traditional rotisserie chicken going to pull all the meat off of it and make some long grain rice and have chick and rice

I'm making chicken fajitas for the family and will blend up some chicken and retried Beans for myself.

Sausage it is!! That's fine I like sausage more the bacon anyways.

Anyone tried turkey bacon, I would eat it with egg whites and spinach before surgery? I haven't eaten real bacon in years so I wouldn't dare try it. Lol. It's morning for me so I'm going to try a scrambled egg and maybe a piece of turkey bacon before work then take some chicken noodle Soup for lunch and some cottage cheese for a snack. If I actually have time to get all that in it will be a miracle!

I had some Hormel White chicken Chili with some shredded cheddar and light sour cream.

I wish I liked cottage cheese :(