Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What ya eating tonight?

I so want a bagel or a muffin.

I so want a bagel or a muffin.

An Einstein bagel slathered with cream cheese for me! Miss those but feel too good to even go down that road again.

Need some ideas for what to have tonight. I'm single so I'm only making food for myself and I'm still on the soft food stage. Any ideas??

I had part of a hamburger mashed up with cheese and ketchup sans bun.

Need some ideas for what to have tonight. I'm single so I'm only making food for myself and I'm still on the soft food stage. Any ideas??

Chili, with or without Beans. I get three meals out of a can.

I buy Gorton's frozen skillet crisp garlic and herb tilapia fillets (5.99 at target). Just spray a small frypan with Pam, place a frozen fillet in it, cook med-low 10 mins on each side. I can eat about two thirds of it (mostly the soft middle), the dogs get the rest.

Having a lemon pepper tilapia filet, I baked it for 10 minutes. Delicious!!

Does anyone's doctor say they need to stay away from white potatoes? Mashed potatoes are one of my favorites to make or order for dinner when out. They are smooth and go down easy. I know they have starch and sugar' date=' but I can only eat a little bit anyways.[/quote']

Mine didn't say no specifically but I didn't want to take up to much precious room without Protein so I had mashed potatoes and added a scoop of Unjury chicken Soup flavor to them. It was really good and helped me get through puréed stage.

My NUT says to have a variety and to include a bite of starch and then veggies. I am able to eat about 4 oz now. The more I eat, the faster I lose it seems. I am looking at getting some Protein Bars to supplement. There are so many out there. Anyone tried the Quest bars?

My NUT says to have a variety and to include a bite of starch and then veggies. I am able to eat about 4 oz now. The more I eat' date=' the faster I lose it seems. I am looking at getting some Protein bars to supplement. There are so many out there. Anyone tried the Quest bars?[/quote']

There are so very many protein bars out there. I've noticed that the less protein they have the better they taste (ie: bars with 30gr that hard core body builders eat are pretty nasty, bars that are 10-15gr are almost like regular granola bars. I choose middle-of-the-road bars with 15-20gr for the most tolerable taste with a fair amount of protein. Read the labels and find something you like - if you don't like it you won't eat it. :-)

And watch sugar content. I'm a sugar addict - I don't want to be WANTING things because they're sweet. I'm almost a month out. I still don't know if I'm a dumper or not, but I prefer to avoid the possibility of dumping by avoiding everything that's over 10-12gr of sugar.

And watch sugar content. I'm a sugar addict - I don't want to be WANTING things because they're sweet. I'm almost a month out. I still don't know if I'm a dumper or not' date=' but I prefer to avoid the possibility of dumping by avoiding everything that's over 10-12gr of sugar.[/quote']

My protocol is 7 grams and under. I don't mind following it, it prevents me from having a lot of stuff but hey I'm ok with that.

HW 358 SW 344 CW 292 RNY 4/11/13<br />

I had Jerky nuggets, was in the salon chair for over six hours and did not feel like stopping anywhere, had a Two hour drive to my mothers....

HW 358 SW 344 CW 292 RNY 4/11/13<br />

My protocol is 7 grams and under. I don't mind following it' date=' it prevents me from having a lot of stuff but hey I'm ok with that.

HW 358 SW 344 CW 292 RNY 4/11/13<br />[/quote']

Glucerna has a tasty Protein Bar with 10 grams of Protein and very few sugars.