Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What ya eating tonight?

I often have egg-white omelette. Other times low-fat Greek yoghurt with Protein Powder and blueberries. Filet mignon is my favorite dinner, along with steamed green Beans.< /p>

2 oz salmon with wasabi sauce it was so good

Garlic cheesy grits made with skim milk and cottage cheese and cheddar cheese mixed in.

Garlic cheesy grits made with skim milk and cottage cheese and cheddar cheese mixed in.

I'd love the recipe for this!

I'd love recipe too.

Just quick cooking grits made with skim instead of Water (for protein). Then I threw in a few handfuls of cheddar and stirred in maybe 1/2 cup of LF cottage cheese (for protein). That's added to the entire pot, mind you. Also added garlic powder and salt. I served myself a little bowl. I'm 10 days out and just started on puréed yesterday. It's savory, which is a nice change from the sweetness of yogurt, Protein Shakes, cream of wheat, etc. The only caveat is that it makes me really thirsty, so it's hard to wait to drink water.

And it even disguised my crushed prilosec.

Just quick cooking grits made with skim instead of Water (for protein). Then I threw in a few handfuls of cheddar and stirred in maybe 1/2 cup of LF cottage cheese (for protein). That's added to the entire pot' date=' mind you. Also added garlic powder and salt. I served myself a little bowl. I'm 10 days out and just started on puréed yesterday. It's savory, which is a nice change from the sweetness of yogurt, Protein Shakes, cream of wheat, etc. The only caveat is that it makes me really thirsty, so it's hard to wait to drink water.[/quote']

Thank you. I've never had grits but this sounds good.

I discovered them over multiple business trips to Atlanta. While I don't dare compare mine to that of an experienced Southern chef, they were still bomb-diggity.

Could you eat the whole thing? I am almost two weeks out. I start mushy monday. I was told I could only eat 4 tablespoons.

Yes i could eat the meat and lettuce Tomato and pickle there was no bread. They are really small for JR whopper

I made country food tonight for the family

Collard greens

Purple hull peas

Corn bread

Salmon patties

I was really bummed as i could barely eat much of it. I ate 1/2 a pattiy, tablespoon of peas and collard greens and only 1/2 of a muffin cornbread. This was all fresh frozen foods no can foods. Homemade corn bread aunt jemima

I made country food tonight for the family

Collard greens

Purple hull peas

Corn bread

Salmon patties

I was really bummed as i could barely eat much of it. I ate 1/2 a pattiy' date=' tablespoon of peas and collard greens and only 1/2 of a muffin cornbread. This was all fresh frozen foods no can foods. Homemade corn bread aunt jemima[/quote']

recipes? I love learning new ways of cooking food , southern gal here

living4myself_gb1-21-13:

recipes? I love learning new ways of cooking food ' date=' southern gal here

living4myself_gb1-21-13:[/quote']

Well it may not be the healthiest but I get the collards and peas in the bags that are frozen

Dump them in a sauce pan on low to med heat add enough Water to cover them

I had a couple of bacon strips to the pot and a tablespoon of bacon grease

I use pepper and there is a new seasoning called southern soul food and add to both pots

Let slow cook for an hour letting some water evaporate

Also I chop up some onions into the pot on both

Salmon patties

I get a can of chicken of the sea pink salmon

I squish it up with my hands getting the round bones out

I add some chopped green onions to it

I also put pepper and soul food seasoning in it to

I add 1 egg and squish it all together

I use about 1/2 a cup of bread or cracker crumbs whatever you have and squish it up

Then I get frying pan and fill it about a 1/4 up with EVO and place on low to med heat

Then I use both a 1/4 cup flour and 1/2 cup corn meal mix it together

Make small round balls and flatten out a little dip in flour mixture and fry. About 6 mins on each side