Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well I ended up calling the surgeon today as the pain is a little worst today eating and drinking. I have had 2 strictures in the past 2 months at least this is exactly how I felt when the surgeons did the EGD's and said I had a stricture. So he called me back and it was like he didn't believe me and made me feel like I don't know what I am talking about. He said it isn't a stricture because I am not vomiting well I didn't vomit the last two times either. Its just pain when I eat or drink like 10 seconds after swollowing and burping with reflux just like before. Now I don't know what to do because I just lost all faith and trust that I wont be believed. This has always been an issue with me because I will always wait till I just can't handle it anymore to go to the doctors or call or go to hospitals thinking its all in my head and so now I am so upset

Girl, you have had such a rough old time. I am so sorry. I believe you... and I think you should go with your gut. Is going to the emergency room an option?

Well I can go but they will just call him to refer to. He said we will see what's going on Tuesday when I go up there. But its like what happens if it gets worst? I mean I have never did the "cry wolf" thing every time I have went they have found something wrong! So I am not sure why he doesn't believe me now! Maybe he is just fed up because like clockwork every 3 weeks something has happened to me

Or maybe he has a long weekend planned. I would go and let them call them. I mean you sick of this too and it's not like he doesn't get paid the big bucks!!!

Or maybe to get the big bucks they just called it a stricture and said they did a dilatation and they were being dishonest with me

May I ask what type of pain ur having? I had this horrible pain in my pouch 1 wk after surgery. They originally thought it was a stricture and that they'd have to redo my 2 connection, but once they opened me up it wasn't that there was a kink in my intestine. Yesterday the pain came back, so I'm back at the hospital. Dr thinks its swelling in my intestine, so I'll be NPO for two days and then we'll try "food" again. Its no fun, but ur better off in a hospital than suffering @ home. If he's a good doc, he should care more about his patients well-being than his own free time. Hope u feel better, I know its no fun.

The pain I am having is constant now were the past few days it was just when I was eating and drinking. I know its not hunger pains as I am eating as much as I can tolerate. Wednesday they did a CT scan and showed I didn't have any blockages or twisting as I am able to pass gas and go potty. But because I am not throwing up or running a fever its like they think I can wait

So sorry you have to keep going thru this..plus the gallbladder...makes it so hard when you lose faith in. you're Dr. ...wishing the best for you....there's a reason you're in pain and it's their job to find out why!

I had something a little similar and it turned out to be muscle spasms. I think you should approach your doctor open an honestly. Doctors get paid to treat and solve problems. You may want to also try to speak to nurse - they are more on the frontline and have a little more time to dedicate to patients.

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

hey girl been thinking about you... how are you feeling today??

I am hanging in there able to eat and drink some today. The pain is still there but was worst this morning and yesterday. Just waiting till bed time to take a pain pill. I will talk to him Tuesday about it as maybe something was stuck or just irritated and inflamed my pouch.

Yeah I have an angry pouch a lot due to.allergies and swelling. I would try to hold off til tuesday if it gets worsr to where you can get notjing down go to er