Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Increasing protein really works

I have been at a stall for the past couple of months. I made a New Years resolution to increase my Protein and do better about doctors orders. I was getting 40-50g of protein a day. Now I am getting 90-100g. Not only do I feel really good, but my weight loss has started again.

That's great! Good for you. I try my best to get 70g in, but its hard.

I have been getting about 70 a day in. I'm going to try and up mine for a few days to see if helps break this stall

Hi!

I am 3 months post opp and I somethimes stall or loose to slowly,have lost 42 pounds.

Will increase my Protein too I know I am getting to little.

Did buy proteinrich food today hopefully it will work.

Hug from me!

Hey Music .... I too was at a stall for 2+months.... it was 5 months post op when my weight loss just stopped. After the 2nd month I increased the intensity and distance of my exercise... I went from walking to running and in about 2 wks the weight started coming off again but slowly. The strange thing was.. the weight stayed the same but I dropped a size - go figure.

I get about 50+ grams of Protein a day from a Protein shake the "+" is cottage cheese or nuts I may have. How are you getting all your Protein in? I just may up mine and see what happens.

Hi!

I am 3 months post opp and I somethimes stall or loose to slowly' date='have lost 42 pounds.

Will increase my Protein too I know I am getting to little.

Did buy proteinrich food today hopefully it will work.

Hug from me![/quote']

Glad to have you join us!! I have been at a stall for the past 3 weeks. It gets really depressing. Hopefully the added Protein will help and I also plan to up my Fluid intake

Hey Music .... I too was at a stall for 2+months.... it was 5 months post op when my weight loss just stopped. After the 2nd month I increased the intensity and distance of my exercise... I went from walking to running and in about 2 wks the weight started coming off again but slowly. The strange thing was.. the weight stayed the same but I dropped a size - go figure.

I get about 50+ grams of Protein a day from a Protein shake the "+" is cottage cheese or nuts I may have. How are you getting all your protein in? I just may up mine and see what happens.

I found a Protein Shake that is 30g of protein with just 4oz of liquid. It is from max muscle. They said I should be getting about 100g due to my activity level. I drink the shake in the morning and if I need to one at night. The rest I am relying on food.

I am like you during this stall the weight stayed the same, but my clothes fit better. I have tried really hard not to pay attention to the scale and focus on the inches.

I found a Protein shake that is 30g of Protein with just 4oz of liquid. It is from max muscle. They said I should be getting about 100g due to my activity level. I drink the shake in the morning and if I need to one at night. The rest I am relying on food.

I am like you during this stall the weight stayed the same' date=' but my clothes fit better. I have tried really hard not to pay attention to the scale and focus on the inches.[/quote']

Where did you find the protien shake? Walmart, GNC? I need it desperately!! Stall for about 3 weeks :(

You can go online to max muscle. It is the max pro shakes. We have a max muscle chain here in the Dallas area.

I did not see one in Houston, but give the Plano or Rockwall store a call. He has said he will ship. Just let them know you are a bariatric patient.

http://www.maxmusclentx.com/

I use their max pro orange Protein shake. I also use the B12 and the all in one Vitamin powder.

I did not see one in Houston' date=' but give the Plano or Rockwall store a call. He has said he will ship. Just let them know you are a bariatric patient.

http://www.maxmusclentx.com/

I use their max pro orange Protein shake. I also use the B12 and the all in one Vitamin powder.[/quote']

Awe man :( well thanks for the info I will call them tomorrow!! You like the orange Protein? !

This is reallllly helpful!

Yes it tastes like an orange push up pop. I can choke it down with just 4oz of milk.

Tell then you heard about them from a barker patient!

Oh cool to know. There is a store here in Charlotte so will be checking it out today. I love orange & need some variety. Thanks!

My max muscle let me try all the max pro Protein Drinks. I just brought my own milk.