Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Inspirational quote for the day.

That some achieve great success, is proof to all that others can achieve it as well.

Abraham Lincoln

Oh crap... just got an e-mail reminder from my college roommate (whom I haven't seen in YEARS) that we're on for lunch tomorrow (we scheduled it a long time ago). So that means I'll have to EAT! I vow to get a chicken ceasar salad or some such thing, and eat only half of it! Such is life!!

I'm going to drink my first 20oz of Water. That is something that comes easy to me. I get sam's club water and mix with to go packs of crystal light. I keep water in my car and at work and have the crystal light in both places.

I made sf pudding and mixed it with Protein Powder, didn't taste horrible and i felt like I was eating vs drinking a shake and had less cals than the shake.

I'm off to the post office, have to get my mail I am sure there is impt stuff in there, and trash.

ttfn

Good Morning~ I am still on vaca until Monday morning. Susanne is gone and the gardner is here so I am stuck in the house listening to the dog go crazy!

Susie, I am working on coffee still but I vow to drink 4 16.9 oz of Water (w/ chrystal lite (peach tea)) today! I usually drink about 3 but will push the envelope today. I might even do 5 since I am home most of the day and can pee at my leisure. At work I can only pee at 9:30, 11:30 and 1:50 so I have to be strategic in when I drink and how much;)

My "official" New Year New Me program starts Monday. My MIL is coming this weekend and that means food...and more holiday cheer. I told myself to make good choices for the next few days, but I still have prime rib in the fridge and for that price...THE DOG DOES NOT GET IT!

Gonna go play scrabble and continue w/ coffee:ranger:! Have a great day. I'll be popping in cause I start a new term today w/ my online class!

xoxooxox

PS...have we heard from Judy in the last few days???? Kat...get the flying monkeys ready!

First 20 oz's down............. next 20 oz's coming up.....

gotta pee already :)

Thanks Michelle!! Go girl on the body bugg!

Hi Everyone!

Thanks for the reminder about the Water (Propel berry for me). It tastes good!

I'm glad to be back at work....where i can get some rest!!! It will be quiet here again this week. My boss is driving to Kansas to pick up a brand spanking new Lab puppy from a breeder up there, so I can spend another week shopping for beads online!! Wheeeeeeeeeeeee!

Suzie - loved the quote! Good one!!

Pamela - I know you've put a lot of money into your house last year....but i also know that with the real estate prices in CA, you'd probably get a zillion dollars for it if you sold, so remind yourself that it's all investment!! What's Suzanne gonna do with her time after she retires??

Good morning girls!

***Daily Tip***

Your body burns more efficiently if properly oxygenated---so several times a day, just slow down and take 5-10 very deep breaths---if you are outside breathing FRESH air, it is all the better.

Courtesy of Prevention magazine!

I too am pounding the tea & Water this morning already. It might just be residual dehydration from drinking---but I got up and drank to glasses of water before 6 this morning!!! Then began with the tea as I "de-Christmas-ed" my house! I got the tree down, and most of the decorations down and back in the boxes, and even most of my usual stuff back in place. I have a big antique trunk I need to bring backin, and then haul everything to the shed. BUT that is waiting til tomorrow when Rick is home to help...aka...do it for me!!! A little more work, and my house will be back to normal....seems a little blah and boring now!

I have a pork loin I am cooking for dinner, and I was deciding what to cook with it---thinking a cooked veggie, and a salad--no carbs! It is harder to plan a meal without the staple side dishes of potatoes, or Pasta. I have some left overs, but nothing I want!!!

TracyK did you get all moved in? Do you like the new place?

All together now, tell me how stupid I am!!! I brought all of our NYE things home, and Kinsey has mastered all the noisemakers!!! She looked at the hat they gave Rick very skeptically and she stated "My Papa not wear this, it looks silly!" She was right! Papa did not wear it! They gave the men these dunce style party hats---women got crowns, she is wearing mine!!! I tried to get him to sit it on his hat--nope! I told her nope, Papa wore his cowboy hat....she tells me she likes Papa being a cowboy---she IS her Grannies girl!!!

Jenn--is your man friend going to be able to maintain a friendship with you since he "laid it on the line"? How about his gf?

I saw a guy out the other night...he is the younger brother of a man I dated for quite awhile. There were 5 brothers, and every last one of them was HOT! This one, Paul, was married last I knew for many years to the same woman, she is a bank manager. Well he was with this girl---she was in her early 20's I'd guess. She was wearing a skirt, that from waist to hem was maybe a foot long, barely covered her, then she had on sandals and socks. Her shoes had platform bases about 3 inches tall, and her socks come up above her knees, and were black as was the skirt and the sock in big block letters all over them they said BITCH. Her shirt was very normal, a scoop necked black T.

Before the couple took the place back over it had at one time been a strip club, I think she worked there!! She danced the part! They were with about 5 other girls all dressed similarly. At different times he danced with them all, but he was with her, they made out all over the place!

He strutted around behind her, and was just as obnoxious acting as she was. He was dressed up, but he had the attitude of a pimp! He was so different!

I am not simply judging her on her lack of clothing taste, but if she bumped you on the dance floor or between tables, she acted like you were an idiot, she was rude to the bartender. No class. He acted like he was God's gift to women. He had his shoulders pushed back, and hips out---I could not believe it was Paul--but it was, he recognized me, and stopped and ask how I was etc. Rick and our friends give me grief all night about sitting at thier table with all the hoochie girls!

My old boyfriend who I had not seen when I was at my biggest, that told me I hadn't changed, this was his brother---he said the same thing, I had to laugh!!!

I can't help but wonder what happened. Going to ask a few questions!

Well the rest of this Christmas stuff is not going to take itself down---so I better get with it!

Talk to y'all in awhile!

Kat

Morning everyone!

Still sick, I opted not to go to work. I hate the dizzy lightheadedness of sick. DH is off at work, I went to kitchen to get a drink.. and my cat knocked pizza all over the floor and a lasagna dish. ARGH. I'm too tired to pick it up.

Denise- Intervention hits home for me too, my bro was a meth addict and now addicted to lesser drugs, but when I see the people go crazy on meth it reminds me. I dunno why I like intervention, I always wait for the end, hoping for the happy ending. The update interventions, never sounds like it lasts. My sister is upcoming duplicate of my brother :)

And lastly about it.. I have my best guy friend from HS.. we went on foreign exchange together, went on all our family trips together, we were straight A students, in band and key club, etc.. mom wanted me to marry him lol.. but I always saw him as the brother I wanted. After HS he came out of the closet.. and became a party fiend. He went off to go to college and works for Disney World, and last I heard he's moved his way up in their corporate world. But anyway, he came to visit a few months ago, and he's scary skinny, and balding, and looked horrible. And I asked if my smoking would bother him (my cigs.. I don't remember if I ever smoked around him before) and he said something that reminds me of slang for I guess crack or heroin (I'm not real versed in terminology). It threw me off guard, he was asking if I had some hard drugs. My sister was there too, and he was being a jackass to her, after 30m I finally had to find an excuse as to why he had to leave (like I had to go to bed), because it was so uncomfortable just being around him. Anyway, after seeing that Intervention on the guy who they found out had HIV, he reminded me of him. And my mom after friend had visited said it sounds like he may have gotten AIDS from what I explained to her.. don't know where I'm going with this, just something I've been thinking about since yesterday.

I'm sick, leave me alone lol!

Tracy you went from the mommy look to the minx look!!

And Michelle that dress looked fantastic on you! I wish i had the girly curves to fill that dress out, I wanted to buy it a few years ago for prom.

Oh and just had to point out.. seems like only yesterday I was almost in the 250's and about to break a record for me.. now I'm almost 240's! WOWE!

I'll post some pics this week. I love the jeans... I should have gotten the 16, they are stretching and I have to keep pulling them up but good lesson for my 1st pr of girly, sexy jeans.

Kat - I am sure no major issues, but I don't want there to ever be a question, but since we all get along - I'm going to keep my distance for a bit. We (his other 1/2 and myself) laughed hard about it . I was cracking up reading your story, I didn't realize that men are that insane when they go through there little mid life issues. LOL

Getting ready to start my second route 44 cup. Think I'll mix up some CL to drink this time. Trying to figure out what to have for lunch. Maybe a small salad and a yogurt.

Very cold today but is supposed to be in the 50's this weekend. I'm ready for it, I'm gonna put my walking shoes on and get outside.

I am off to work, my final load of laundry is washing. My room still needs a little tlc, getting rid of old stuff but it is so much better.

about to start my 2nd 20oz water/crystal light

I hope everyone has a great day... It is going to be a great year... or at least until my next mental breakdown... but even then, it will be temp and it is all going to be great and I have my violets on my side. :)

Ladies and Gentlemen (yeah right!)--------Christmas has left the building!!!!

It is all down, and I even cleaned up in the garage, so could not stand it, and carried it all to the shed, I just need Rick to lift the tree up on top of all the totes. Now I need to dust and vaccuum, and the house is 'normal' once again. Think I will clean the woodstove out before I do that, it makes ash go everywhere, so dusting is a waste of time otherwise....Thank you to the inventor of Swiffer thingies---with all the ash, they save me hours of work!!!

Off to get finished I think----after I eat.

3rd full glass of tea sitting in front of me. I come in thirsty between loads to the shed, and just grabbed a cup out of the cupboard, and drank it full of Water twice, but have no idea how much I have drank today---but it IS more than normal for me of late!

TTYL

Kat