Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Jullee: Don't forget the SF popsicles and SF Jello!

You above list looks about like what I've been eating all week, except for the Atkins shakes.. I tried them about 5 years ago, and didn't like them, plus the EAS are cheaper at my Walmart.< /p>

Tracey, what are EAS shakes? I didnt see them at my walmart..grrrr...lol..also when I went to GNC for Protein the guy was asking me if I want whey protein or not...i have noooo clue...do i want whey???? hellllp:faint:

Hey TracyinKS,

Check with your Dr. about going whole hog on the liquid/high protein/low carb diet this early...mine said it can cause liver damage...I think I read somewhere that you were kind of adapting it to include more than the actual pre-op diet...that's good...

Not worried about it.... the key to getting yourself into Ketosis and staying there for a while is drinking WATER......FLUSHING all the waste from my kidneys, thereby allowing the liver to do its job. I'm getting plently of Liquid Protein, about 10-15 carbs a day with 6 grams of Fiber and over 64 oz's of water...... I have PCOS and a HYPOthyroid, so doing low carb is a must for me for life regardless of having a band installed..... I learned this long ago... my big problem is quantity eating and then going off into what I call carb hell.... (BUT THIS IS ME, not preaching...... everyone has their own path to chose)

OK..my son is bouncing off the walls wanting my undivided attention...

I'll check in later!

Tracey, what are EAS shakes? I didnt see them at my walmart..grrrr...lol..also when I went to GNC for Protein the guy was asking me if I want Whey protein or not...i have noooo clue...do i want whey???? hellllp:faint:

As far as the Whey goes, I have been assuming that's what we're supposed to use...it's DISGUSTING!!! in powder form, but I'm a texture kind of gal when I eat...as far as the EAS, they are AdvantEDGE and Myoplex LITE. They come in silver, foil-looking 4-packs and are usually near the Vitamins and in the same vicinity, but not necessarily the same shelf as the Slim Fast, etc.

As far as the Whey goes, I have been assuming that's what we're supposed to use...it's DISGUSTING!!! in powder form, but I'm a texture kind of gal when I eat...as far as the EAS, they are AdvantEDGE and Myoplex LITE. They come in silver, foil-looking 4-packs and are usually near the Vitamins and in the same vicinity, but not necessarily the same shelf as the Slim Fast, etc.

Thank you!! I did buy some of those shakes last night..just didnt know they were called EAS..lol...duh jullee. As for the whey...im on the hunt...lol...i have to say i had gotten quite annoyed last night with shopping for everything, looking at labels, carbs, fat grams, calories...protein..whey...OMG...there is just sooo many different forms of everything out there!!!!!:think :help: :faint:

Protein basically comes in whey or soy. IMHO whey is worlds better than soy. I canNOT STAND Atkins shakes because they are made with soy. I have all kinds of whey protein (powder) that I'm experimenting with and it's quite good. I got the idea from bariatriceating.com to mix crystal light or DaVinci syrups in with your homemade smoothies. I tried that this morning and it was delicious!! I mixed plain yogurt, raspberry ice crystal light a scoop of unflavored whey protein and ice. How simple is that!? A lot cheaper than the premade stuff, too! I might just have to get a magic bullet for the office.

By the way....iif ya'll are sick of seeing me post just ignore me. I have nothing else to do so I sit here with my laptop all day. I'll get moving elsewhere soon! I promise!

Protein basically comes in whey or soy. IMHO whey is worlds better than soy. I canNOT STAND Atkins shakes because they are made with soy. I have all kinds of whey Protein (powder) that I'm experimenting with and it's quite good. I got the idea from bariatriceating.com to mix crystal light or DaVinci syrups in with your homemade smoothies. I tried that this morning and it was delicious!! I mixed plain yogurt, raspberry ice crystal light a scoop of unflavored whey protein and ice. How simple is that!? A lot cheaper than the premade stuff, too! I might just have to get a magic bullet for the office.

Thanks Terri, that sounds delicious! I just looked online at the divinci syrups, and I might try one. I cant wait to get my magic bullet..so many people talk about how wonderful it is..lol

By the way....iif ya'll are sick of seeing me post just ignore me. I have nothing else to do so I sit here with my laptop all day. I'll get moving elsewhere soon! I promise!

Im never sick of seeing posts...all the information ive learned from here has been extremely helpful!!!!! So keep on posting chickaroo!!!!!!!:)

TerriDoodle...I enjoy all of your posts don't stop posting. You are about week ahead of me in banding.

The sugar free syrups can be found at Wal-mart. I get the SF vanilla and SF caramel they have others and it just depends if your Wal-mart is in a big city or not.

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to check in and say hi! I am taking my first shower since Tuesday morning. I have to go to the doctors office today since I was discharged by mistake from the hospital on Wednesday. Apparently, the doctor came in and asked, "Where is my patient in 27?" and the nurse said, "Oh, I thought you wanted me to discharge her." The doctor was not happy. Anyway, he needs to see me. I am looking forward to going actually, I want to put on some makeup too, just to feel like myself again (even for a little bit).

I slept in the recliner again last night. I think I am ready for the bed tonight. My in-laws are coming here for the holiday so the den will be occupied. Just hope I don't need to walk in the night. I have been using my living room, dinning room and den as my walking path...doing about 30 laps. It is just too hot and uncomfortable outside.

I am glad to hear that my 4-2 and 4-3 peeps are feeling better. I am coming along, just really think I am such a baby. Perhaps others would not feel as bad as I did the last few days. I woke up at 6am this morning, and went straight for the pain meds (even before I pee'd). But it had been 13 hours, so I guess I was due.

Here is a question???????

My tummy is rumbling and howling sooooo loudly. I think it is gas. Is anyone else having this? I hope it does it during my doctors apt today. It is like taking the care to the mechanic, and then the "noise" is gone. Anyway, it sounds terrible. I was hoping to go to the movies this weekend, and don't want to be annoying to the crowd, lol. Yes, it is that loud. Just wondering if it is only me.

I've had some food this week. After so many days w/ liquid diet and broth, I call yougart food. Vanilla yogart, strawberry Unjury, milk and a little sweetner....YUMMY. I have to drink it in about 2-3 sittings. I don't really feel hungry, but every few hours I feel like I need the Protein, so I am drinking it in small doses, just to get the protein in. Also, I had chessy/broc Soup (in the magic bullet) and that was so good too. One can of small Campbells soup made 5 "meals" for me. I am doing the Isopure too. It doesn't taste great, but if I can get a bottle in a day, there is 40g of protein, and I don't have to worry about it, just add some powder to my shakes.

Now that I've re-read this post, you can tell that I took pain meds an hour ago...LOL, enjoy!

Have a great day everyone! Check back later.

Hello,

I was scheduled for surgery May 7th, but got on call last Friday that there was a cancellation. I was banded April 2nd, went home that night. I was back to work on Wednesday. I am feeling so good about life now. Eating nutritionally and yet getting full on just a cup of pureed food is great. I am just starting to loose weight. I am looking forward to the weekend, having some time off. Not looking forward to cooking for Easter though.

I will try to puree prime rib in the blender but now sure it will work. If not I will have some vegtables pureed. It really does not take much to fill me up. Maybe even justa boiled egg.

What are you eating for Easter??:hungry:

Siena

Hello,

I was scheduled for surgery May 7th, but got on call last Friday that there was a cancellation. I was banded April 2nd, went home that night. I was back to work on Wednesday. I am feeling so good about life now. Eating nutritionally and yet getting full on just a cup of pureed food is great. I am just starting to loose weight. I am looking forward to the weekend, having some time off. Not looking forward to cooking for Easter though.

I will try to puree prime rib in the blender but now sure it will work. If not I will have some vegtables pureed. It really does not take much to fill me up. Maybe even justa boiled egg.

What are you eating for Easter??:hungry:

Siena

wow Siena..you were back to work within days!!!!!!!! thats awesome..you go girl!!!!

Hi Everyone,

My tummy is rumbling and howling sooooo loudly. I think it is gas. Is anyone else having this? I hope it does it during my doctors apt today. It is like taking the care to the mechanic, and then the "noise" is gone. Anyway, it sounds terrible. I was hoping to go to the movies this weekend, and don't want to be annoying to the crowd, lol. Yes, it is that loud. Just wondering if it is only me.

I had two c-sections and that happened both times...it was the air moving around and being reabsorbed...massive gas on the horizon!!! LOL:D

Just wanted to offer a suggestion for Protein Shakes. I hate hate hate all Protein foods. So this was potentially going to be rough for me, but I've been experimenting based off of my doc's list and recipes posted here. Something I've found to be VERY good and I don't taste the diet-y protein nastyness my body has come to hate..

I froze cubes of really strong expresso brewed.. In the morning I put a couple cubes, a scoop of Vanilla Protein Shake, a spoon of sugar-free caramel Syrup in my Magic Bullet, and fill it with low-fat soy silk. Blend it up until its a nice thick smoothie like from Starbucks. Oh, I also put a packet of sweet-n-low (I hate splenda, but do like sweet-n-low) for a little extra sweetness. I'm going to try it without the sweet-n-low, because it is very sweet. But it's very very good, doesn't taste like a diety-nothing.. and I enjoy drinking it at work. I even shared it with co-workers yesterday and they're like 'damn, you made starbucks at home?!' didn't even tell them it was my diet stuff :)

Cred here:

Banded yesterday morning @ 7:30 am. Everything went well (apparently). I did have a hard time catching my breath after coming out of the operation, but after that the morphine kicked in nicely!

I had a swallowing test (barium) yesterday afternoon and passed, and had dinner of strained Soup, juice and ice cream at the hospital last night.

Pain has been manageable. Not too bad. I came home an hour or so ago and am feeling pretty good. Planning to go to work on Monday. I have pain meds but haven'tfelt the need so far today.

A couple of comments on a previous post or two:

- My doctor was pleased to hear the gas 'rumbing' in my stomach this morning. Said it was a good sign.

- Does egg drop soup count as a 'strained soup' for week one?

- I was glad to stay overnight at the hospital, but I'm happier back at home now.

- My insurance (UHC) approved my surgery in less than a week with no hassels. Just FYI.

- I'll try to post one if those cool meters that everyone seems to have to see how my wieght loss goes.

Later:

Cred