Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!

We just got back from the game. Pistons won by 45 points. Seats were awesome and we got some good pics and movies. Had a fantastic time. I'm going to watch the ball descend at midnight, give the Bobster a kiss and then hit the hot tub for the first time in 08!

Just wanted to wish everyone a happy and healthy new year! This past year has been one of changes, all good for me! I wish only the best for everybody!!!

Heres to a good 2008 and thank each and everyone of you for making it so special for me!!

Jane

Can't sleep, no alcohol for me last night. I went to the ENT yesterday for a very drippy nose at times. It is just clear, I don't have any other symptoms, but after a couple of months it was driving me crazy!! She said it was one of two things. Allergies, which would be the simplest and probably most expensive with allergy shots and stuff or a CSF leak!! She said that it happens to women between 35 and 55 and they don't know why! She said that if that is the case they just go up through the nose take a little cartiledge out and plug up the hole that is leaking the fluid!! She says it is no big deal! HELLO it is my nose leading up to my brain that we are dealing with! Plus the fact that we as women are dealing with enough BS that is associated with being a woman!!! I know I am ranting, and it really is no big deal either way, but I wanted a pill to make my drippy nose stop!!!! How come I get the weird stuff? Has anyone else heard of this? It is Aunt Flo time so I am probably (for sure) more sensitive than normal, but give me a break!!! I just wanted my nose to stop running!!!!!!

Okay I am done, starting out the new year b#%^&%!!

Jane

Happy New Year!!

:whoo::whoo::whoo: :dance::dance::dance: :party: :party: :party:

Wow, what a year we violets have had! This year is going to be even more awesome for us, I just know it!

So, are you all having your cabbage & black-eyed peas today? I sure am. YUM YUM! I am making cornbread too but that is for dh...I can not stand that stuff.

Everyone have a great day!

I've heard of having the black-eyed peas but not having the cabbage. My in-laws would just make a big pot of ham and Beans and call that their good luck meal. I would love to do that but I am on a mission. Had a long talk with hubby this morning about how things are going to have to change around here. I need to lessin the stress and one way to do that is to start eating more responsible. I'm frustrated at myself for my food choices this last month. It has to stop and stop now. My next Doc appointment is at the beginning of next month and I want to walk in there with my head held high.

I want to Thank all of you for being such an inspiration to me. It really does help me to come here and read all of the post. Sometimes that is all I do is just read. I may not post each time I come here. It's just listening to all of you that helps to keep me on the straight and narrow path.

Thank You and God Bless each and everyone of you.

May you continue on your journey knowing you are Loved and appreciated. That you will have the success you need to reach your goals for the year.

Have a very safe and thinning New Year.

Happy New Year, Dear Friends! :party:

Well, it sounds like everyone is starting off 2008 with great attitudes and ambition! We're leaving a very exciting 2007 behind us! The next year may be a bit more challenging in the weight loss department, but it will surely be equally as exciting as we watch some of our girlfriends hit goal (WOW!)....or perhaps even adjust their goals as they become satisfied with their current weights. That's just as exciting!!!

Kat - sounds like ya'll had a fun evening planned! Why would your SIL be mad at you?? I'm confused. Because you're not volunteering to have the whole fam damily over to your house for New Years Day? My sister's inlaws are that way....huge family that gets more huge every year and they ALL get together about once or twice a month at various houses. It's getting to the point where they have to buy bigger houses just to accommodate these parties! My sister is getting kind of fed up with the 'extended' nature of who gets included. My name dropped off that list a couple of years ago!! I think you are wise to draw the line in the sand now so you can enjoy YOUR family more!!! It's an important time.

We had a nice NY Eve. 3 couples got together over at a friends house...we all brought something to eat and the food was delicious! Filet mignon & all the trimmings... and great wine. Now I'm nursing a wee hangover, but hey, what's NY Day without a hangover??!? LOL

I do NOT cook the black eyed peas and cabbage thing (I hate them both!)... as a matter of fact, I'm so sick of being in the kitchen and at the grocery store I really don't give a HOOT what we eat today! Ah, another benefit of having the band! :party:

HAYDEE?? Where are you girlie!?

Did anyone notice that we are on page 666? Is that too spooky?

On my monitor we are on Page 500 (halfway to 1000!)

Suzie, everyone's pagination will be a little different...has to do with screen display size, resolution, or something like that, and all that computer geekery stuff.

Happy New Year to the greatest group of women I've ever had the pleasure of having in my friendship circle! Wishing everyone a great, safe and healthy New Year!

~Jane...feel better soon.

I have a story to tell so I might post it a couple times so I don't lose it. Another couple we hang out with often (Jackie and Melissa) came over last night. We had 8:30 reservations and they came early and we had some champagne and chat! We go to the resturaunt for our reservation. Uptown Grill is a swanky upscale place that is HUGE with the gay community (uppity gay people in Palm Springs? No shit!) I had called the night before and said "I want to make res. for 8pm." He said, "How about 8:30?" Sure, no prob I reply. He asks for a credit card and I was told that he would charge the card if we didn't show. Ok...New Years, I am like...fine, I get it. I tell him that we are locals, love the resturaunt and will be there. I NEVER ASKED IF HE HAD A SPECIAL MENU...are you ready for this???????

So we get in...sit down and they have hats and blowers etc. They have special menus on the chargers already. On the menu it says, "Dinners between 8-11pm will be $79 per person!" ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME...I am a bandster! It was a 6 course meal, apps, Soup AND salad, champagne sorbet (to cleanse the pallet), entree and desert:faint:. We were stuck. If we left, he would have charged the card. My poor friends just bought a huge beautiful house and and struggling w/ the mortgage (3K/month). Well, we just figured...screw it...might as well have a good time!

HAPPY NEW YEAR VIOLETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We made nacho's, ice cream and watched movies last night since both Boys were here....... we all stayed up and watched the ball drop and had a toast of fizzy grape juice. Slept in til 9:30 a.m. (it was glorious) now I'm watching the Rose Parade and thought I'd check in.

My Sis had a big party, but it was a NO KIDS allowed type so we stayed home... she did watch Robby for me yesterday while I was at work, and they had a big pot of ham and bean Soup on the stove....... so I brought some home for me today...... (DH hates ham)....... anyway we still have a couple movies to watch and pretty much its going to be a lazy do nothing day at home....... I need to get in the attic to put the tree box and other decorations away for the year.

the scale bounced this morning.......... hoooooohummmmm oh well.........

Have a great great great day!

So...we ate and had so much fun. Of course I have some prime rib in the fridge...but slowly worked through everything. We literally ate food for 1-1 1/2 hours! Everything was good...great actually. For Susanne and I, the cost was way too much (but doable), but for our friends, it is a bit steep.

After dinner we went to a great gay/straight club and literally dance for 1.5 hours straight! My curls were like wet blobs of hair when we finally got off the dance floor (after midnight). We had soooo much fun. Had a vodka/cran during our dancing and I sipped on that. Came home finished another bottle of champagne and crashed out.

This morning Susanne already ran a few miles while I typed my saga to the violets!

Hope you don't mind the story. Skip ahead if it is boring.

Happy Happy New Year! Yes, Terry...a wee hangover is how I am starting the new year too;).

xoxoxoxox

Hey TracyKs, Malley has redone his website. I kinda like it.

Pam, I liked the story!! I can't imagine eighty dollars for dinner, I bet you were SHOCKED!!! But I love doggie bags!!! When I go to relatives house I take a regular plateful and then get a doggie bag!!! My Aunt expecially cooks so good!!

Well I slept late and am now not as crabby!!! I sort of chuckled when Terry wrote what wonderful attitudes (or something like that!) we had for the new year after I just got done with the long long rant!!! It is amazing what sleep does for me!!! I get sooooo crabby without it the older I get, it used to not bother me at all.

Okay I am rambling have a great day!!!