Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Hey V's~

Terry...good to see you back! Hang in there.

Well, about 7am this morning, I hurt my back and started screaming from the pain. I went to work cause it was too late to call a sub. They scrambled and got me coverage and sent me to doctor. I was crying in there, I mean like bawling. He called my primary and ordered me up some pain meds and muscle relaxers! I was told 3 days bed rest...but I gotta work in the am. So, I am gonna try to grade some papers before the meds kick in. This sucks! On my way to the pharmacy, I ran to Gottschalks and finished shopping...mind you, every step hurts and I am moaning in pain. I've got these really old itty bitty old ladies trying to help me. At one point I was crying in the store (this is some intense pain). but I got the shopping done!

Gonna go..starting to feel a bit fuzzy!

xoxoxo

Ohhh your back, not your neck. I can totally relate, when I herniated my disks, I was bawling my eyes out and trying to kill myself from the pain for months. At least your doc gave you meds. TAKE IT EASY!!! NO SHOPPING!!!! Gah lady, rest rest!!

Ohh and make sure to take the muscle relaxers. If it's anything like mine was, from the hurt it was inflamed really bad, inflammation keeps the back from healing, it keeps everything out of line and making you never get better. Now, take all your meds and relax :)

I agree--when I herniated the discs in my back, I did all the wrong things!! Eventually I got the message----ice and rest....and it did help. Will hope yours improves drastically and quickly! Hugs and lots of Purple Healing power to you!!!

I cheat in a massive way with the candy!!! We make what we call turtles, but they are also called bears.

Preheat your oven to 325--line cookie sheets with parchement paper. Waxed paper will work, but might smoke up the oven a bit from the hot wax--but it does not smell, and will not change your candy. Lay out 5 pecans in a manner that is kind of a star--it is supposed to look like a bears head, arms and legs. Then lay an unwrapped caramel in the middle of it...put it in the oven for a few minutes....I'd guess to say 3-5 minutes. Just let the caramel get soft, not liquid melted! Use a butter knife to flatten the caramel a bit. The way I used mine, I slid it down into the tub of margarine, just coated it without actually seeing butter on the knife itself. Then I used a mix of 1 bag of milk chocolate chips and a bag of semi sweet chocolate chips and about a tablespoon of Crisco, melted it in the microwave. Takes about a minute and a half, stir after the first minute. Then spoon the chocolate over the caramel, letting the bears head,and feet stick out. The guys gobbled them up. I avoided them, caramels and my fillings don't mix well!!!

Call me if you have any questions. I have a more detailed and involved recipe, but we couldn't use it this year. I used to buy sweetened condensed milk, and cook the can overnight in the crock pot, and it would turn to caramel....but every can we found this year, had the pop top, and they explode!! LOL

Off to Target----be back in awhile--call if you need help Haydee--

Feel better Pamela!

Kat

Fooodddd poorrrrrnn!!!!

The White chocolate "White Tiger Paws" they made this year.. are yummy. I dunno how they made em.. I have no access to them anymore THANK GOODNESS!!!!

They're the pecans & caramel, covered in white chocolate (instead of normal) and then they used ketchup bottles filled with dark chocolate to make THICK AND BIG stripes on each one. Num num num.. glad I just had some eggs for lunch, so stuffed I am not longing for anything right now lol.

Finished my gourd decorating. Glad I only tried to make one. It's a lot of work and I'm pooped and tired. I'm gonna try to send a pic. I hope it works out.

Sorry if the pics are to big. I tried to downsize them.

post-214709-13813136092083_thumb.jpg

post-214709-13813136092487_thumb.jpg

OMG THAT IS SO COOL!!! That looks like the stuff I pay exhuberant amounts for in the stores. How did you do that?

Pamela-rest rest rest! Hope you heal quickly sista!

Suzie-that is beautiful! Good job :)

Laura-you did better on the chocolate @ work than I did...I ate all 4 LOL

Kat-I like reading Fern Michaels, John Sanford, Stephen King, Dean Koontz, VC Andrews (flowers in the attic) Mitch Albom.... I wanna get the book Tuesdays with Morrie. I love to read. not really into the unrealistic romance novels like Harloquin.

OK, gotta make dinner. Have a great one V's!!!

I'm skipping 3 pages of posts... I had jury duty today so this is the first time I've checked....... Getting ready to go to Cody's Court of Honor (Boy Scout dinner) tonight.......... They are all so dang spoiled........... Cody had his shirt fixed and all his Patches added, and his badged added to his sash, Charles got a leader shirt with all the appropriate patches and today I found (boy scout green, LEVIS work carpenter jeans) at the Levis Outlet for $19.00!!! So then Robby is dressed to match them... green cargo pants and a kakhi colored shirt (that we just had in his closet) We are calling it the little brother boy scout shirt.................. they all three look so handsome!

I'm in my size 12 black cords, black sweater tank, and lavendar see throughish sweater (from Kohls) I will try to get a pic but not making any promises! ;)

OK dh wants to check his email............ have a great night!

They're not spoiled TracyKS... they're just blessed to have YOU in their lives!!!

Phew! A long day... the last 3 pumpkin breads are in the oven (each batch takes an hour to bake)... did 15 again today!... just one more set of 15 on Saturday, then (I think) I'll be done! (I think I'm doing 54 total this year??)

G'nite... sleep tight!

In from the hot tub. Long day today, but fun with Ethan here. Choir rehearsal was good tonight. I watched Clash of the Choirs for the first time tonight. I assigned members of my choir to be in charge of choreography, costuming and publicity. Somehow I can't see us on that show!

Tomorrow is our Christmas chapel service. It's a short service for those older people who can't make it to church every Sunday. I'm singing so have to be there a little early to rehearse. Then we are going to string more lights on the outside bushes and I am going to wrap the Bobster's presents. Then I'm DONE with Christmas prep stuff! wooooooooo hooooooooooo!

Everyone sleep well tonight..

Patience, Trust, Purple Power, WWJD??!!