Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Hi Violets!

Kat I think we are going to have to send out the flying monkies to find Terri.....

Ugh, what a long day at work. I guess I am just anxious for the week to end so the REAL work can start.

Michelle-congrats on the jeans!!! woohooo!!

Still no word @ work about our bonuses. I am starting to get antsy.

Have a great evening everyone!

I too am worried about Terry--also about her Mom, hope all is ok. This time of year is so hard on people, with so much to do, and emotions high & low. PLUS she has teenage kids! Hope she is just shopping like mad !! Terry----throw us a bone here----let us know you are ok!

I'll shoot her an email as well.

Kinsey and I went riding, met up with my cousin and his grandson Gage. We rode to the river, and looked and looked for Santa's reindeer-----didn't find any though. Was lots of fun anyway. Kinsey was only concerned that they not bite!

TracyK--DH's employer is world wide, and they do not give Christmas bonuses, because they are not allowed to Celebrate Christmas per se. They have to have Winter Parties. He does get Peer Cards regularly for $50-$100. And he gets spot bonsuses frequently--$50-$200. The Peer cards, he gets from his supervisors when they feel he is going above and beyond. He got one for $100. yesterday for going out on the all night call. IN addition to being on the clock for 19 hours. The Spot bonus is less random, they have certain things that have to be done to even qualify. He receives them often enough to make doing those things worthwhile. Both come in the form of a Visa card, with the amount you are given pre loaded on to the card.

As a supervisor himself he is alloted so many to give to his guys per quarter too.

For a few years the local camp boss would give certificates to everyone for a turkey or a ham, but then corporate put a stop to even that. NOTHING!!! They do allow the different depts. to celebrate as they see fit to do within the comfort of all employees. They usually have a big dinner--and at Christmas will draw names and exchange gifts. They didn't for several years, they had an employee who did not celebrate Christmas, but when he left, they discussed it and resumed.

I have rolled beef enchiladas in the oven. I was out of Spanish rice ---I always buy one kind of package, Rick likes...so I improvised, and not sure it is a go!!! I used some garlic flavored rice, and cooked it with a re jalapeno salsa. Smells good----but nothing like Spanish rice!! We'll see. I personally don't eat it!!!

When I got home this afternoon, I carried Kinsey in, she fell asleep on the ride home. Laid her down on the couch, and went out to get some things out of the car, and my DIL pulls up. As I said she had gone to a local little bistro with the Grandma on the crazy side. I have told you she does not watch my Grandson, and she carried that baby in covered in blood! He fell off of a ledge onto the sidewalk, while she and the Grandma were talking as they left. He has this HUGE purple bleeding goose egg on his little forehead. The grandma is a nurse, and she told her if his pupils remained the same sizes not to worry. He obviously made his intitial contact there, then scraped his nose, lip and chin. He looked so pitiful! I wanted to take him to the Dr. she was unsure, could not get my son on the phone---he is out to far on location. They stayed around for an hour or so, so I got to watch him, and he seemed ok, even though he looks so horrible. I hope he is ok. I talked to Rick, and he too thought maybe having him seen would be a good idea. I mean he is a baby still! I am going to make her crazy, I keep calling to check on him.

Well I am off to put the final touches on dinner. Will talk to y'all soon!

Kat

OMG YOU GUYS! I just had it happen.. My long post just disappeared. GRRR.

TIme for the short version.

DH got a speeding ticket.

I'm going to make chicken & dumplings.

Talk to ya'll later!

Long day today, started out with dr.'s appointmnet at 8:30. He kept telling me over and over that there is nothing wrong with my heart. That all the test came out great and it looks really good. They are now thinking that I just have some arthritis in my chest. I left there and went to my Weight Watchers meeting and had a great weigh-in. From there I went to pick up my sis to take her to her Dr.s appointment. Than to the grocery store to get her prescriptions and a few groceries. Had to go back to Doc's office to pick up an order I forgot and than took sis home. Came home and worked on homemade ornaments to hand out to family when they come here for Christmas eve. Than turned around and went back to sis's for pot luck dinner at her apartment building. This is a party the have each month for birthdays. Now home and watching "Clash of the choirs".

Tomorrow I'm finishing up a gourd that I am decorating for my Aunt and than I am almost done with gifts. Will be glad when this is all over. I just now need to get started on my baking.

Gonna settle down and get caught up on my soap I can't help it, I've been watching it since I was in Junior High. Need to take my shoes off first and put the leg rest up on the recliner.

Everyone have a great evening and talk to you tomorrow.

Laura~ Thanks for the email. That is awesome. I can only hope that I will be in the same situation one day!

Terry~ I agree w/ Kat. Give us a shout out!

Susie~ What soap do you watch? I've been watching All My Children since I was 5 (1972) and will until the day I die. I DVR it everyday and love watching it. Susanne is hooked on Young and the Restless, so when we are together...we watch each others.

Gonna be 70 degrees on Christmas day! I love that...always beautiful and kids out riding their new bikes.

xoxoxoxo

Well I just was informed today that not only am I going to be a grandma, I'm going to be a grandma x 2!!! My oldest daughter is 5 1/2 weeks pregnant. Now this is the daughter who has struggled with addiction, so I have really mixed feelings. She says that she's clean and will stay that way, and she seemed emotional and sincere, so we'll see. Her, her boyfriend, and her sister (probably for moral support) came to my work to tell me today (probably figured at work I wouldn't be able to lose it!).

I'm nervous for her, but happy for her too. They both seem very happy. She hasn't seen a doctor yet, but from what we figure going by her last period, she's probably around 6 weeks, which would make her due in August 2008 - 3 1/2 months after my first Grandchild will be born.

Hey, at least I'm healthy enough and young enough to enjoy them!!! I'm glad that I'm still losing, I'm going to need all the energy I can get to keep up!!!

Will include both Mommies 2 B in my prayers Denise.

Laura sorry about the ticket DH got....radar detectors, I swear by mine!!!

Great NSV girl!!!

I used to watch Days of Our Lives, until Marlena became possessed, and I couldn't hang--and that was a 20 year addiction for me!

Suzanne-I am so glad your heart is ok! Sounds like you need to slow down!!

Speaking of slowing down----I am off to bed----will check with all of y'all tomorrow!!

Kat

Got everything done AND baked 15 loaves of pumpkin bread (1 batch makes 3 loaves)... need to do 15 more tomorrow... then another 15 or so Saturday... the house smells sooooo good!! But I didn't even lick a finger!!

AND... DH brought home a BIG box filled w/BIG Cookies from a vendor... one was broken to bits so I had 1 teensy bit... wow it tasted good!! How ironic was it that I had to battle not going into the kitchen to sneak one during the BL finale!! Gotta love irony!! But willpower won out & I didn't do it!! Even tho I was all alone in the dark w/just the Christmas tree blinking to keep me company while everyone else was snuggled in their beds... I so easily COULD have done it... but I DIDN'T! YAY ME!!

Tomorrow I'm going to see a friend whom I haven't seen since the summer... hope she notices the difference!!

G'night Vi's!

Wow, Denise.. I thought you were telling us your dd was going to have twins!!! One at a time is much better.. lol Congrats, Grandma!!

Well, I definitely know I got a fill! Haven't been able to get much down today. Unfortunately the Bobster isn't as tight as he had hoped. I think it will be a couple more fills before he finds his sweet spot. I think I am at mine now for a bit. Can't eat much and am not hungry between meals.

DSIL got tickets for the Pistons on the 31st. I lost the ebay auction, but the tickets DSIL got are even better and cheaper so it all worked out.

Just got in from the hot tub. I know, you're probably tired of hearing that!! Our dogs got groomed today so they are looking spiffy for Christmas. I have Ethan tomorrow and choir in the evening. We have our lapband support group on Saturday. I know it's a busy time, but we didn't want to put it off. I'm going to take my two lapband books in case someone wants to read them.

Well, got to head to bed so I'm awake when Ethan comes in the morning.

Everyone sleep well tonight..

Patience, Trust, Purple Power, WWJD??!!

Judy, I don't get tired of your hot tub, I live vicariously through all the violets!!!!

I just found out tonight that the cards and my ss gift I sent out last Monday, one of the cards was just delivered to my Aunt today, and that was here in St. Louis, did anyone else get a card?? I hope that it is not lost, plus my ss gift might be late!!!! I am really upset about this, I also sent my Dr. a gift that same time!! So if you got a card someone let me know, so I can just assume that my aunts was just late.

Jane

I'm up and going to get ready to go swimming. Long day ahead of me but I need to get things done.

Pam, I have been watching "All my Children" since about 1972. I don't remember how I got hooked on it but it's the first entery on my DVR. Even hubby knows not to disturbe me while I'm watching it. I knew we had some kinda of conection. "AMC" & Tequila.

Everyone have a great day.

Good morning Vs'

In a mad dash to go to work....but HAD to say good morning!

Have a great day! :confused:

Good Moring, Violets. I'm up waiting for Ethan to arrive. We are under a winter weather advisory for freezing drizzle this morning. These are the days when I am sooooooooo glad I am retired from teaching. I used to drive 62 miles each way to work and in the winter thre were lots of times when I just held my breath! There were days when we got all the way there (I was in a car pool with 2 others) and school would be closed... GRRRRRRRRRRR.. That was in the days before cell phones.

Janie.. I got a card from you!!

Ethan has arrived.. gotta run! Everyone have a great day!!