Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

My CRAZY WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have a busy week………

Today at lunch I’m taking Cody’s Scout shirt to a seamstress to get all his Scout Patches changed over because their big “DINNER” is Wednesday….

Monday: Scout Shirt

Tuesday: Band Concert (rescheduled from last week)

Wednesday: Boy Scouts Court Warming dinner (we are taking a crock pot of meatballs and a Pasta salad) oh and I have JURY DUTY

Thursday: Choir Concert for Cody’s school (part of his grade) and Robby’s Christmas party at School

Friday: Cody goes to his moms

Saturday Eve: We pick the boys back up from their mom

Sunday: Charles B-Day, and Christmas at dads with all the boys. (then come home and open presents with the boys)

Monday: take the boys to their moms in the AM, and then of course Christmas Eve (oh and I have to go into work for a few hours for Payroll prep)

Tuesday: Santa visits Robby with his special few Santa gifts, go pick up the boys and then go to SIL for Christmas Day and then take all the boys to their mom’s (Cody will be spending 1 week of his break up there.)

Well heck if I'd known all of y'all were awake too---I'd have had some company!!!

The dispatcher called Rick about 10:30, she could not get the on call mechanic to answer his phone. The guy was starting vacation at midnight, so refused to answer and work that final hour and half! So she tried to call the one that would be going on at midnight, he refused to answer until midnight! Then the one guy (the liar) is off in rehab---so Rick ended up going out, he has not taken a call in years, but he did last night! He called me about midnight, and the reception was horrible--I could not hear but about every other word. He usually called on his way in from location, because these are horrible oilfield roads, miles and miles of dirt roads. He was trying to say something then I hear plain as day "CRAP". Then nothing. So I tried calling him...off and on, no answer. I had no idea if he was mad because his phone was useless or if he had slid off the road, or hit a deer, or what. So I too was awake all night!! Finally he called again about 4:30--and we had excellent reception, he was then on his way to the yard. He called to tell me, that he had to wait for them to pump the job, to do the repair, so he was just going to sleep in the truck. Nice. One of us got to sleep! So I got Kinsey at 6, convinced her to go back to bed with me, we snuggled in, just sleeping great, and my MIL calls me at 7! Her TV is out, so she and FIL will probably be going shopping she says---could I help them move the old one? I have a 50" TV in my garage--a gift to them from the Denver kids! So I stalled her, told her it sounds like a cable issue, not the TV--which is not true! Called and told them in Denver, now they get to decide what to do. And now I am up again, and Miss Kinsey is still snoozing away! Color me jealous! I do not sleep well during the daylight though.

Going to meet Rick for lunch, at least Kinsey will be well rested and happy!

Tracy, sounds like you have a busy week ahead of you! We all probably do, but yours is booked for sure!

Pamela, that was so sweet of you and Susanne to do with the tree. How long does it take her to drive back when she leaves so early? When do you get out for Christmas/Winter break?

Hope Judy is sleeping soundly, and Bob driving safely---on their way to be filled! She will be at goal in nothing flat too! I must get busy! January 1st.....it's ON!!!

TracyK---you poor thing, moving during Christmas, and visitors as well! My gosh, you must be so much better organized than I am! It would take me a month or more to move!! Of course we have been here many years! And you know when we paid the house off, I thought I would never move again! I might be wrong though!!! I really want out where I can have room, for parking and be near the horses--no cows! LOL But I might continue to drive out there, I am pretty settled right here!

Michelle---enjoy the mall. We might end up there, it is very close to Ricks work, and with the food court, we can each get something different if we want--------not sure what we are doing for lunch.

Anyone heard from Ms. Jen? I know we haven't seen her or Lunasa in the longest time. Come back girls!

Gina you too----haven't seen you on either thread!!!

Laura---get the grouchy account settled?

Haydee---got the new batteries for the camera?? We need pictures!

Jane----weather hold for your weekend clients?

Denise---DD's morning sickness improving any at all??

Terry---you back to work this week?

Jenn---you hanging in there girl? This too shall pass--hope you are feeling better!

Oh---my mind was on a roll, then the phone rang, and I am now blank! If I missed you--blame my SIL for calling!!!

Will check with all you loverlies later!!!

Kat

I got more cards today and the one Gina sent had a purple hat on the Snowman!!!!!! CUTE!!!!!!

Only one cancellation over the weekend, so I was happy!!

Well off I go to clean!!! (Does anyone believe that???)

Jane

I’m so excited!

I just got back from the place that is going to put on Cody’s Boy Scout Patches and to my surprise the lady (who’s shop name is the UNIFORM CONNECTION) had EVERYTHING……… so I am suprising Charles with his own Adult leader Shirt with the proper patches! (Early birthday present)

The lady is fixing all Cody’s patches since they were not put on correctly or in the right places and some have to be taken off…….. plus he had merit badges to put on his sash, she called the Boy Scout Counsil office and is getting him his Camp Geiger patch so that he can add his smaller camp badges to it… and she is leaving the stuff that he can keep. (She is also a leader, and she knows placement backwards and forwards)

She even had the socks, hats, belts and EVERTHING for every scout.. Boy, and Girl, Catholic School, Gymnastics, and Scrubs………..

So both Cody and Charles get to wear their official shirts to the dinner on Wednesday! I am also going to pick up some little things for Cody and Josh and his Cub Scouts

Well, it certainly seems as if the marjority of the Vi's were up last night! Oh my!

Tracy... don't you love it when something clicks like that & you get more accomplished than you had planned?? Love it!

Had a GREAT trip to the Mall... not crowded at all & got everything on my list... then popped into Borders & shopped & treated myself to a skim latte while I skimmed a magazine... ahhhhh... THEN DH called & asked if I wanted to meet for lunch (wouldn't have had the coffee if I'd known that, oh well!) so we met & went to my FAVORITE Indian restaurant for a relaxing lunch... a nice day! I'm really enjoying the Holiday Season this year... I haven't been rushing & everything's been enjoyable... nice & balanced...

NOW I think I'm going to go upstairs, hide the gifts, & take a snooze... THEN I'll knock out the rest of my "To Do" list... cleaning & *maybe* baking (I'll give it another try!).

Have a great afternoon, Vi's!

Afternoon Vi's.. as I type this I'm on hold trying to get my Thyroid script renewed! FUN FUN!!!!!!!!!!!

TOM is due any day, and I'm getting cramps.....

Reheated enchilada's eaten to fast ... did not work for me today.........

I'm a barrel of laughs.... :)

Still dreaming about christmas sugar cookies...........

Tracy... when the sugar cookie monster grabs you, say your mantra: "199! 199!" Look how close you are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hmmmm, not even a full page of posts to read when I got home. Everyone must be busy today!

Busy typical Monday at work.

Laura-did you like the ending of Survivor? Hope you had fun on your trip!

Everyone have a peaceful, relaxing evening!

Hi!

My day was similar to Michelles, went very smooth, no lines of people to deal with. Kinsey behaved very well, we meandered through the mall after lunch with Rick, I was looking for me some shoes. My DIL called wanting me to meet her at Walmart to order some pictures. She called every 5 minutes I kid you not to tell me where she was or to change the exact aisle location to meet her. Finally about half way through the mall she called, and we left to meet her, I never found any shoes, get almost to Walmart, and she called yet again--she had left the disc with the pictures on it at home! That girl is a ditzy as ditzy comes!!! Love her to pieces though--good thing! So Kinsey and I said to heck with it, and come home. They picked her up early so they could go dress shopping for Lindzie, her school program is tomorrow night---gotta go to that for sure!!

So I spent the rest of the day putting my house back in order after the baking marathon yesterday!

Rick seldom requests certain things for dinner, will eat most anything---tonight he ask for spaghetti & italian sausage---so it is done, and waiting for him to get home. He has not been home since 10:30 last night!

Glad you didn't have tons of cancellations this weekend with the weather Jane!

Better go check on things in the kitchen.

Have a good evening everyone!

Kat

The Toll House monster grabbed me, and just released me!!! I kept saying 199, but the monster kept laughing and force feeding me cookies!!

My nephew came over and we got a lot accomplished!!! He is such a good kid!! He has some surgery tomorrow nothing too serious, his legs are bothering him when running long distances, so after many Dr.s telling him it was shin splints it is something called Extertional compartmental syndrome or something like that, anyways he has to have it on both legs, long incisions from his knees to his ankles, but they don't have to go to deep with the surgery, just above the muscles. Have good thoughts for him tomorrow!!

My nose is running again! Driving me crazy!! I don't feel sick at all, just a runny nose.

Well here is to a good nights sleep for all of us!!

Jane

"The Toll House monster grabbed me, and just released me!!! I kept saying 199, but the monster kept laughing and force feeding me cookies!!"

Ha ha Jane!! Maybe it thought you wanted 199 Cookies? ?

LOL Michelle!

Prayers for you nephew are a done deal Jane! I had a similar thing done--I had a muscle scraped years ago--was a quick healing things since none of them were actually cut. Hope his is as simple and successful!

They put a new Toll House Cookie place in the food court at our mall. I smelled them....mmmmmmmm.

Did not fork over any cash though!

Well I am officially an idiot!

I cut the sausage, and cooked it, prepped the sauce had it done and simmering, put some mushrooms on to cook. Have the bread ready for the oven. Notice anything missing? Yep sitting here waiting for my spaghetti noodles to cook--DUH!

Kat

Evening, Violets...

It was a successful trip. I slept most of the way there, the Bobster got a .5 fill so he's up to 8 in his 10cc band. I got .3 so I'm at 2.8 in my 4cc band. He lost 1# and I lost 3#, but that was for 2 months. So we have a new resolve and are motivated again to get this thing done!! I had a few spoonfuls of Soup for supper and he had some chili... was supposed to be liquids for 12 hours, but he wasn't following the rules exactly. He chewed well though and only had a cup full. I stopped at Fashion Bug and got 2 pairs of cords size 14 and a couple of sweaters XL. All in all it was a great trip. I'm pooped. Going to finish watching CSI:Miami and then hit the hot tub. Hospital volunteer shift tomorrow and rehearsal in the evening for my singing group. The rest of the day we are putting the elliptical together. Keep us in your prayers!!!!

Patience, Trust, Purple Power, WWJD??!!

Glad you are home safe Judy.

I am off to bed, hoping to have a better night than last night. From now on, if I cannot sleep I am logging on, to see if it is a Violet condition going on!!!

Sleep well EVERYONE!!!

Kat