Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Ok Violets.. here is MY guy singing my new favorite Christmas Carol.. All Is Well. The background to this video is Clay had sung the song the night before and had blown the last note and of course that got on YouTube. sooooo he was very aprehensive,you can see him cross his fingers before he starts, but he nailed it!! I just love this guy. He has the most awesome voice..

Enjoy!!

YouTube - Clay Aiken "All Is Well" Merrillville, IN

Judy, I LOVE Clay...have since the first time I saw him when he did his tryouts for American Idol. My hubby and I both voted for him EVERY show. He's got an amazingly beautiful voice!

Laura - bouquet looks beautiful!! Take a picture of it when they send you the real one. OMG I love love love your gold sweater that you had on in your pic. I love anything V-Neck liek that and it looked beautiful on you. Kity looks so cute posed next to you. He looks like a model!

Tracy - SIZE 10!!! WOW! You look amazing... and your son is so cute!!

Judy/Michelle/TracyKS - if you sold your fudge on this thread you would become a thousanaires. You would be our drug dealers!! How much for an ounce? he he he

Okay 242 on the scale for three days straight. I finally got to change my ticker! -7 pounds in two months. Not bad. Where are my nanners Pamela?

Crazy crazy week here. Work is crazy, home is crazy. I've been doing Pampered Chef parties trying to get the orders submitted so that everyone gets their stuff before Christmas. My sister sells Arbonne, which is a skin/makeup line and I've been helping her too. Now that I'm all caught up with that the real work starts. I haven't bought a single present yet. My poor tree is lonely. The only present under was the present Laura got me but it didn't last long. I kept "dipping" into it every night and finally thought that was getting ridiculous so I just pulled the box out and put the lotions on my bathroom counter. LOL! I got my secret santa gift and all I have to do is wrap it and i'll be on it's way on Saturday. I'm also working on my cards this weekend.

Everyone have a great weekend, i'll be dreaming of fudge...

Oh and I finally got batteries for my camera so I'll take pics this weekend. I haven't posted updated pics in awhile. I might get brave and post undies pics. Depends on how "fat" I feel...

ANNOUNCEMENT!~~

I received my SS gift today!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was sooooo excited! Actually, the kids were, too! When I drove up to the house, ds comes running over to the car & said "Your Secret Santa gift is here!" It was so cute!!

And it was from... drumroll please........................ Kat! :) :Banane20: :Banane20: It was a big box filled with all sorts of wonderful items... I will have ds take a pic over the weekend & I'll post it... and THE BEST PART -- I called Kat to thank her and we had a WONDERFUL conversation!! We did it -- we jumped the divide between cyberspace & reality!! It was so neat to hear her voice... and Kinsey's too!! What a great day... thank you so much again, Kat!!!

'Twas my pleasure, it really was! I had lots of fun finding things that made me think of you! After I sent it off, I wished I had sent something for the kids in it!

I was so surprised to find out it was Michelle on the phone---we slid into conversation just like we do on here, I cannot wait for our trip!

Looking forward to pics Haydee!!!

OK---off to finish up dinner. Made me laugh to realize Michelle was doing the same thing I was---improvising, figuring dinner out as we went today. Somedays I seem to wake up with an idea, and have things well organized. But today my kitchen was a building zone! So----ended up with italian sausage & meatball sandwiches. I do the meat with sauce & cheese, and Rick has a sandwich. Works easy for me to send leftovers to work with him too!!! Meals always help here, if they can do double duty!

Michelle, glad it got to you quickly---I loved being your SS---Laura thanks again for organizing this, it has been fun!

TTYL~~

Kat

Good morning Violets.

Laura-such a pretty picture!! Love the flowers....and just look how much different you look now versus the wedding pic!! Amazing!

Judy-glad to hear the fudge torture is over!

Thank you all so much for the cards! Makes me feel all warm & fuzzy inside knowing I have made such special friends here!

Terri-what a beautiful necklace that you made for Jenn. Such talent!

Pamela-I hope you enjoy your weekend with Suzanne! I know you will :) Hope she is feeling all better.

Panda-glad to see you peek in and check in with us!

I wonder what is up with Lunasa....hmmmm.

It is supposed to rain the first half of today. I am trying to decide if I am going to fight the crowd at the mall to brig Macy to see Santa. She has already seen a couple here & there cause Lord knows they are everywhere!!

Everyone have a great weekend! Be careful on the slippery roads!

Good morning, Violets. 10 degrees here right now.. brrrrrrrrrrr I'm up and showered and getting ready to have some yogurt before I head to church for the big Pageant rehearsal. The kids and choir and dancers will be there and we have to get it all coordinated.

I got 6 gift boxes of fudge made up last night. 13 more today and I'm done!! The movie Enchanted was cute last night. Even the Bobster said it was good for a no brainer. He and Joe are going to get the beds out of the guest room finally today and then we can start assembling the elliptical.

I wonder what happened to my glittery Shrink'n Violet part of my signature?? It shows that it is still there when I go to edit. But in the preview it isn't. hmmmmmmm

Better get ready and let Jetta out.. I'm gonna freeze out there for sure!!!

Everyone have a great day. Catch ya later!!

Judy - 10 degrees????? :) I remember one year....when I was pregnant with Evan, so that was 18 years ago!.... it got down to 11 degrees here for a couple of days and I'll never forget how freakin' COLD that was!! OMG! The car could never get warmed up inside and it was absolutely painful to be out in the weather. I am so NOT built for those conditions. Born and raised here in the south and my blood is THIN! We've gone for years in a stretch without even having what we call a "hard freeze"....meaning sustained temps below 30 for over 24 hours. Freezes here are such a hassle because we have to protect our plants and pipes! Invariably it's windy as well so protecting large shrubs is virtually impossible and we lose them or have to cut them way back in the spring. ANYWAY....stay warm and be careful out there today!

TracyK - it's already raining at my house...and coming down in BUCKETS!! It's funny 'cause Richard has headed out to play golf on the SE side of town. I have this vision of him driving on the freeway with the wipers slapping and lightening crashing saying to himself "Must Play Golf....Must Play Golf..." LOL I have the feeling he'll get about 3 holes in at best.

I have dinner with my girlfriends tonight downtown....and I'm thinking it would be a good idea just to have Richard drop me off and then take a cab home. Sheesh! That's a $50 cab ride but probably worth it. There are sooooooo many crazies on the road ....I don't want to become a statistic.

Thanks for all your kind comments about the necklace! It's not really "talent"...I just follow instructions from a book! The real talent is in the original design work and I suck at that!!! LOL

I still have a bit of shopping to do but nothing that involves a mall, thank God! You couldn't pay me to get close to one today!

Things are going well with my mom. I really enjoy having her here and plan to keep her here as long as possible. For all the bitching about Medicare, it really is a good benefit program and she is getting good care with visiting nurses and therapists...at no cost. All is well....for now.

Ya'll be careful out there today!

For 2 days now the weather people have been warning about a snow system coming thru. They said we would be getting 5-7 inches of snow. So you can imagine what the stores have been like. My sis & her hubby went to Wal-mart last night around 7pm and said it was way beyond packed. Now, everyone is shopped and home safe just waiting for all this snow. I would love to have that job. Just call what ever I want and it's ok. I woke up around 3am to go tinkle and thought I would look out the window. Nothing. I finally woke up at 7am and we have a light dusting of snow. We should have remembered to old rule. "If they are calling for it. We won't get it." Crazy nuts.

I'm kinda glad we didn't get it. We are having our Christmas luncheon for work today. The boss is taking us to "On the Border." Love that mexican food. I'm looking forward to my chicken taco.

I ate aweful yesterday. Ate everything I shouldn't have. I didn't eat alot of it, I just ate bad stuff. Finally by dinner time I was kicking my butt for it. So after frying up 2lbs. of bacon for BLT's for the family, I fixed a big bowl of salad to go with it and ate that for my dinner. I did take a few strips and broke them up on my salad. Don't have a clue what got into me yesterday.

Sometimes I just feel like "I'm done". I'm done with all the dieting and all the being good and just having to watch what I eat. I've been at this for about 19 months know and I just want to be able to eat like normal people. I just want to be able to go to a restaurant and order like normal people. But I have to keep reminding myself that I'm not normal. If I was I woulnd't be where I am. I wouldn't have gained all of this weight. So I just need to keep reminding my self that it is going to be worth the wait.

Incase I forgot to tell you guys today. I LOVE MY BAND.

The fireplace is finally going and one of the kitties is laying in front of it. My chair is the closes to it and that's fine with me. Keeps my feetzies nice and warm.

Everyone have a great day and stay safe with all this wacky weather going on.

Well here in St. louis we got the snow, I woke up to about 3 -4 inches (?) and then tonight they are expecting the same. I don't mind really, I live close to work so it is no big deal for me, I just hate what it might do to my clients today. I hope they don't cancel. Not only could I use the money, there is also only one Saturday after today before Christmas, hard to fit people in!!!

Well I better get ready to go. Have a nice day!!!

Jane