Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Now this is weird...I am the first one up this am??? Usually I wake to TracyK and Jennifer???Where are you guys?

Janie, sorry to hear about your friend. I had a lump at my baseline screening when I was 35. It dissolved...but was totally scarry. Since then, I have to get one every year! Ladies, if you haven't done it in a while...get the hell off the puter and go make apt. Love ya:kiss2:

Michelle!!! Purple power for your ds!

TracyK! I'll let you know my fav NSV or SV when I get one:eek:. Actually, my fav SV was 249, but now I live at 251 (for days, before that it was 252). I do know this, yesterday I started my third period in a month! Oh joy!

got a busy day (aren't they all?) but I took tomorrow off!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so it is like a Friday! Susanne will be here tonight or in the early am!

Have a great day!

Pamela

Good Morning, Violets..

Ethan is in his "cage" as we call it.. just the crib we have downstairs to contain him when it's naptime. He's amusing himself right now fighting off the inevitable. lol

Cindy... have a wonderful cruise!!!!

Jennifer... loads of purple power vibes being sent your way. Hope today is a better day for you.

Terry... the same purple power vibes are on their way to you too.

TracyK.. my alltime favorite NSV is being able to cross my legs at will withouth having to lift one over the other. And when I cross my legs sitting in a church pew, my top leg doesn't push up against the back of the pew. Now that's a "heavenly" feeling!! Also being able to wear pants that don't have an elastic waist is a great feeling. Also being out of plus size clothes. Oh, the list goes on an on!!

Pamela.. TGIF today for you!! Plus Suzanne will be there. Doesn't get much better!!

Tomorrow is fudge making day. Got to get all of it done so I can hand it out to the dog groomer, hair dresser, nail tech and church staff. Lots o' fudge for them.. zippo for me and the bobster..... I HOPE!

Going in for a little fill Monday so have to be good. I want the scale there to be kind to me.

Time to get some things done while Ethan snoozes.

Catch ya later!!

goodmorning!!!

I have been sooo unmotivated this week I feel like a lump! I haven't eaten really wrong because I am tooo lazy to go to the store!!! I need some motivation!!! My dear sweet nephew who is 19 on Saturday is going to come over Sunday or Monday to help me do some things, so that should help. Once again I am rambling....

Remember today is CTC day!!

Sending you positive thoughts Jennifer and Terry!!

Hello to both Tracy's, Denise, Judy, Pam, Haydee, Kat, Gina, Suzie, and I know I am forgetting somebody, I am not good in a.m. so hello to them also

Jane

Morning ya'll!!

I woke up this morning thinking it was Friday :)

I took a shower, got dressed, had a bounce in my step. On the way to work our radio show was talking about Friday tomorrow..and bam I realized it's Thursday. BUMMER!!!!

I am going to Florida on Saturday, I don't know if I mentioned that???

Going to Panama City Beach to stay with my g'parents at their Condo till Monday. We do the Survivor Finale at their condo every winter. DH has never been to a beach, so he is coming this year to see the beach!

Any of the violets in the PCB area??

Laura I in no way meant to imply that you were at fault. I never read where she had received the actual invoice. When I was running my business, people thought since it was a small operation, that they could call me with an amount due, or just tell me, and I could pay it. When in reality 90% of what I was paying for whatever, was tax deductable for me---so I had to have the paper trail. I know in some ways churches are similar to my Day Care in that manner....so many tax issues.

I would definitely find out who is in charge. Even if you speak to the pastor of that church, and let him/her know how this woman is projecting the church they run. In actuality she is likely bully-ing them too! Maybe Judy has an idea of the chain of command in this situation!

Please don't think I was insinuating you were at fault, I did not mean that at all. I just hate to see her ruining your happy Christmasy spirit. I would rather her wallow in her own misery than allow her to pull you in.

Well I am almost positive I did something to my band. I am begining to think I did it doing all of the shoveling out of the snow. It has been since that day that my restriction has changed. I am not in pain, and I am able to eat. So I am going to take it very easy with the food, and see how it goes. If ever I get pain, or lose restriction totally I will be on the road to my Dr. Eating in the morning, is just not happening! By evening I can eat small amounts. But is my scale changing? nope! I am not exercising like I should be. I hate trying to exercise in the winter!

Did you get your elliptical assembled? As busy as you guys are Judy, it may be next year before you get a day off together to do it....without the bosses (Ethan) help that is!! I can so relate!

Wooohoooo it is Friday for Pamela!! What do you and Susanne have planned for the long weekend? I ended up with weekend plans---and didn't really want them!

Today I am taking Manda to the maxillofacial (sp?) surgeon. She is having her remaining 3 wisdom teeth removed. Then I will bring her and Kinsey back here, and put her down on the sofa or one of the beds, and let her recover some before taking her home. Then see how she is tomorrow. If she is not up to it, I am going to take Kinsey to Manda's company party for the kids, at a local rec center. Lindzies Mom refused to allow her to come home for the day to go. So----I get to chase Kinsey around a pool (fun! not!) and all kinds of activity spaces. Then Sunday Manda wants to do her baking for the guys at work--at my house!

Sunday night we take the kids on the Polar Express Train ride. The Narrow Guage Train in Durango CO, is an old coal /steam train....very cool! For this, the conductors in each car are dressed accordingly and read the story of the Polar Express as the train heads out...all the kids are encouraged to wear jammies. While he reads and walks the aisle showing pictures, and answering questions, they come through and serve the kids luke warm hot chocolate! Then just as the story winds down you get to the place they stop, and there it is all lit up with Santa, and elves, and helpers, and reindeer....and LOTS of snow this year. Each child receives a bell wrapped up from Santa (reference to the book). Becky and I took the grandkids last year, last year BP (the company she and Manda work for) paid for it as part of the kids Christmas party--this year, we did---they should be understanding more of it now. Her Grandson is a train fanatic, so we are going for that reason!

At any rate, it is not stacking up to be a relaxing weekend!

And Rick just called, and he has guys coming to watch football tonight! Stupid Thursday games are only on the NFL network---unavailable on standard cable here. So....gotta come up with something to feed them all. Think hot wings will be the plan---not a lot of work involved, adn they can be eaten by hand!!

Better get out to the freezer.

Will catch the rest of you later!!

((hugs)) Especially big ones to Terry and Jenn--and lots of good wishes to Michelles Evan!!!

Kat

Kat- Oh I know! I was just rambling and giving more info. I can't yell at this lady (and boy I want to), so I'm just trying to tell everyone my story and get it OFF MY CHEST! I got a response from her last night, and it kept me up at night. I was so upset, and I was upset that I was upset. This is just a horrible woman and I shouldn't let it bother me. Let her play the victim wherever she goes. I wrote her back

That is an extremely offensive e-mail, and I’m sorry that you feel that way.

You may mail the check.

Have a happy holidays,

To yesterday's e-mail. It's pretty passive aggressive, but it kept me from saying something I shouldn't. Then this is what she wrote me last night...

The truth is sometimes not very pleasant. However, it is what it is. We wouldn't dare not pay you guys $40 and you should have figured out that if I had not responded to you, there must have been some reason that I had not. Indian Creek has a very long history and is highly regarded in this community. However, every detail of the service that you guys provided to us was inferior, including you all being over 2 hours late delivering the journals despite the fact you specifically told me 10:00 a.m., not to mention the fact of you saying Greg and Jannifer's work was not professional quality. So, if you want to talk about offensive, look at your own actions and then go from there.

I can't win with her, I'm not even bothering to respond anymore.

Oh something to share..

I posted this in another thread for any interested, but I donate money this time of year, normally to the Angel trees at the malls (where you shop for kids). All of our malls angel trees are empty now, all adopted (which is good!).. so this blog I read, they are taking donations for this boy Julian who has brain cancer, and the last update I saw they expect this to be his last Christmas.. so here's the website if you want to donate..

But I wanted you guys to listen to the song. It's a song I use to have years ago, one of those I lost & forgot about. But I've been listening to it over & over now (via the website).

If you go to the website, it should start playing.. it's a beautiful song.

My Semblance of Sanity

Hi Laura... You've nailed it on the head... don't respond, you can't win w/her, it will only fuel her fire... I know it can be hard, but LET IT GO...

Enjoy Florida!!

I think my restriction is finally easing up, ever so slightly.

I still had to take 2 hours to finish my Slimfast this morning.. but we went to the mall for lunch. I got an egg roll and an eggdrop Soup. I throw up solids 100% right now, but I was able to sloooowly eat tiny bites of the egg roll (1/2 total) without regurgitating. And 2 spoonfuls of the soup.. an hour later I ate the rest of the soup in my office, all went down fine.

Then mom came in with her lunch leftovers and told me I had to try the chicken florentine from Olive Garden. I took a tiny bite, and knew it was going to get stuck, so I planned to spit it out when she left.. but she kept talking.. so I swallowed and waited.. it went down! YAY! Another week or two and I'll be back to solids hopefully.

Afternoon Vi's!

I am trying to decide if I am too tight or not......... not throwing up liquids unless I try to chug a lug them.... I need to sllllllloooooooooooowwwwwwwww down.

Laura: I agree with Michelle.. don't respond,, most likely she is an uhappy person on the inside and doesn't know to be otherwise, also.. holidays are stressful on a lot of people so know that although it seems like a personal attack.. it's not really aimed at you... (It has taken me a long time and many tears shed in my office to learn that particular fact)

If she calls you on the phone and you are faced with an actually conversation.... difuse it by saying OK Ms. ____ what do you want me to do? Most likely this will stump her... and if she is completely disrspectfull and tells you to go jump off a ship (or something mean spirited) politely tell her that you will take it under advisement, and politely end the call..

For dinner, I made a cheesy potatoe/hamburgery and onion Soup in the crockpot.... fixing some biscuits for the guys to eat with it.. (it is delicious).

Time to get out of here....... have a great evening!

TracyKS~ Maybe because I am freakin starving and havent eaten a thing since last night's PB w/ 2 bites of food...but girl...post that recipe for the cheesy/pot/hamburger thingy in the crocker...PLEASE!

Just have a few--Manda is already swollen, and bleeding terribly. She is not in pain yet, she is still numb, I have given her her first pain pill. Poor thing!

Just wanted to say Michelle---LOVE the picture! Got in in the mail today---I love getting cards from all of you!

Will check in later after the crowd leaves.

I'm with Pamela, would love the recipe, has all the things in it I like!!!

Kat