Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Well Violets.. the good news is.... the Nordic Track Elliptical is HERE. The bad news is..........it came in about 60 gazillion pieces! At least it wasn't too hard taking it upstairs.. a couple of pieces at a time since the package was 205# total. Now the teamwork begins when the Bobster and I get ready to put it together. I do the reading, he does the manual labor. Hopefully it will be together by the new year!!

Ethan just left and now I'm off to sing for the liturgical dancers rehearsal at 4:30 and then choir at 6.

Will check back later..

Laura.. Wow..sure do understand you being upset!!

To All My Democrat Friends:

Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best

wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible,

low-stress, non-addictive, gender-neutral celebration of the winter

solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of

the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of

your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasion

and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice

religious or secular traditions at all. I also wish you a fiscally

successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated

recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year

2008, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of

other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make

America great. Not to imply that America is necessarily greater than

any other country nor the only America in the Western Hemisphere .

Also, this wish is made without regard to the race, creed, color,

age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual preference of the

wishee.

To My Republican Friends:

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!

tee hee hee.........:eek:

Hi Girls, Was up and ready and out the door this morning. Had to go for the second part of my stress test today. This was the easy part. The one where they just inject you with the heart tracer, you wait 40 minutes and then lay on the x-ray table for 15 minutes. Up and out of there and off to Breakfast.

When we got home, you will not believe this-- We finally got around to putting up our Christmas decorations. Yes you got that right. We are the ones who wait till 2 weeks before to put everything up. Anyway, got it all up and than cleaned. Now I'm just pooped. Trying to figure out what to have for dinner tonight. Something easy I guess.

Have any of you read the article in the "ladies Home Journal"? It's from the January 2008 edition. It's titled "The New Diet Foods". One of you needs to read it and tell me if I read it right. According to the article we are supposed to eat meat and to stay away from Carbs. No bread, chips, potatoes, Bagels, Cereal, pretzels, crackers. Bananas? Apples? Green peas? None of that stuff. I had just read this right after I had just had a baked potato for dinner. It list good foods and bad foods. Now I more sadder.

"Carbohydrates, not fat, are the cause of being overweight because eating carbs engineers your body to accumulate fat. The fewer carbs we eat, the leaner we will be."

"Obesity is not caused by eating too much and certainly not by eating too much fat." (????????????????????) Now I'm more stupid.

You have got to get this article and read it. I would love to see this person in person. Maybe I could explain a few things to them. Oops, just saw that the author is a guy. Gary Taubes. Go figure.

Ok, one more thing before I leave. Remember I told you at Thanksgiving that my sister had given me a box of chocolates? Hershey's Pot-of-Gold to be exact. Well, I want you to know that the box is still sitting on the kitchen counter unopen. Yeah Me. It is starting to look alot more tempting. I'll be strong.

Ditto what Laura said!!

Also... for what it's worth... my surgeon's food plan is LOW CARB... we're not supposed to have ANY bread/rice/pasta/potatoes... only carbs from veggies... Specifically, it's 70 g Protein, 30-50 g carbs, & 30 g fat... oh, & no fruit the first year... so he'd probably agree w/the author of that... and I know that personally, I feel better & do seem to lose better when I have lower carb levels in my system... I won't lie (not to my Vi's!), I do have the occasional slice of pizza or 1/2 sandwich or pita chips w/hummus... but not much... everyone's different... I say find what works for you & stick w/it!

Terri-great to see you still have your sense of humor....love it!! :eek:

Question for all violets....

We ahave all had NSVs and SV right? here is the question. What was your favorite NSV you have had?

My answer...my fav NSV is a tie. First was putting on my first ever pair of 12/14 pants. The other was how proud my ob/gyn was of me. I could hear him down the hall from my room telling people about it :)

What are your favs?

The needle stick today did not hurt at all thank goodness.

Kat-Our house is one whole street over from where we are now LOL At least it won't be any trouble driving back & forth during the moving process.

I hope everyone has a great evening!

To All My Democrat Friends:

Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best

wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible,

low-stress, non-addictive, gender-neutral celebration of the winter

solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of

the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of

your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasion

and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice

religious or secular traditions at all. I also wish you a fiscally

successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated

recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year

2008, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of

other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make

America great. Not to imply that America is necessarily greater than

any other country nor the only America in the Western Hemisphere .

Also, this wish is made without regard to the race, creed, color,

age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual preference of the

wishee.

To My Republican Friends:

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!

tee hee hee.........:)

LOL...why can't more people think like me??? KIDDING!

XOXOXO

Yea I got card #1 today Judy---I loved it, I now look forward to #2!

You sound like you assemble things like we do. Rick does the old look at the box and begin. Me I find the instructions and begin with step one....only after getting plastic bowl for all the nuts & bolts, and assembling the tools it says we need. I am a bit of an organization freak when it comes to things that way!!! On the good side though, we got our elliptical as well as many, many other things through the years---and we haven't killed one another yet!

Weather here today was cold, but clear. I had to go to Lowes, and then picked up some things in Walmart for my brother, he never knows what to get my kids, so I helped! I tell him nothing, but forget that!

TracyK that is a good thing, it will make moving soooo much easier, not having to secure things, and cover them for a long trip. And everything will be familiar.

I have so many NSV's that I would have serious problems figuring out which was #1....think it depends on the mood or the day or something!

I loved running into my old boyfriend, and he told me I had not changed a bit! He was just gone for many years, and did not see the 100 pound climb, or the 100 pound loss!! I felt so awesome that he thought I had not changed---which I know we had both aged, but I was not ashamed to be facing him! I mean he had a bit of a belly beginning on him too!! But 100 pounds ago, I would have been very self concious of how much I had changed from when he knew me....which is about 130 pounds ago.

It is the feeling--the one where I no longer worry about standing out in a crowd simply due to my weight. Whether it is with the old bf, or walking into a restaurant, or across a parking lot---I am not a young thing garnering lots of attention for looking good, nor am I worried about them seeing me as HUGE---I just feel normal.

In all reality, I almost always felt within a reasonably normal range. I never worried that people were going to go home and discuss the huge, fat woman they saw in the store today....but when being looked at----I felt ashamed of myself, and I don't feel that way anymore.

Painting my toenails myself, fitting in the shower with DH, buying in the Misses, and even the Juniors dept., chasing my grandkids--really running and chasing them, and giving them horsey back rides, knowing seat belts will fit, and I will fit in seats, and that almost all weight limits are now below me, knowing one size fits most---I'm a most now! The list goes on and on and on!!!

Laura--was everyone with this organization (church did you say?) rude like this or was it limited to the one woman who gave you such grief all along---this is the same one you spoke of before with the meeting etc? I think if it were just her, I would speak to someone else about the situation...surely you and your company are not the only ones she is making the church look bad with!

---Now on the other hand with the $$$ side of it, I would imagine they are like most business--and would only pay the invoice when it was sent and likely once a month, she may have taken the continued emails as harrassing. I see why you were doing it, but...having heard her history, I imagine that set her off again! I do not mean to be playing Devils Advocate here, but I know from running my own small business, I never paid a bill without a written invoice of some sort, leaving me a paper trail. And when you are dealing with a church, they answer up several levels, while only certain ones have actual money access. She must be one of them though to be making the original agreement.

Kill her with kindness, send her a card again! Don't let her drag you down, you did right by her---don't let her pull you to her level!

Yep Suzanne--I have to agree with the article too!! I did low fat for over a year. I bought into the whole thing that I could eat like 14 baked potatoes and have less fat than one single slice of cheese! I worked hard at it, exercise and all, and in that year, I dropped my cholesterol 7 points, and lost 24 pounds. It was hard!

Then I did Atkins, which is low carb. Holy smoke! I lost weight almost as fast as with the band! Now the second I added carbs back into the diet, the weight soared!!!!!!!!! I was starving all the time--where as when I was doing the no carb thing, I was not craving them, but give me one and I want them all! My cholesterol did not go back up---it remained steady, until I lost this time, and it dropped some more. But low carbing it, will drop weight on me FAST!! Even with the band, if I want to jump start losing again, the first thing I get rid of is anything white!

Potatoes, bread, rice....Get plenty of Protein, and I feel good, and the weight drops. The thing with me is I hate feeling deprived! I hate not being able to have something! It nags at my brain non stop! So I always thought I could just have a little bit, and that was always my down fall. With the band, I truly can have just a little bit and I am fine!

Give it a try--I bet you are shocked!

Well speaking of food! Kinsey wanted fish and corn on the cob for lunch, so we went to Captain D's--like Long John Silvers---I managed almost a full fish fillet. Got over full, thought I was going to lose it all right then there--but it passed!!!

Gotta go--

Kat

Woo Hoo! Just found out that ds made it through the 2nd cut for the ODP (Olympic Development Program) soccer team! Now he has one last try-out on Saturday... cross your fingers or whatever other "voodo that you do" that he makes it!!

night everyone

please send me purple prayers I really do need them right now, that and a winning lottery ticket

Kat- She got her invoice weeks ago, we delivered the product before she ever paid it. Accounting came to me and said hey we went to close this job out and saw there is payment outstanding.. so I went back to check with them, I e-mailed her another copy of the invoice to reference what I was talking about. I wrote back she wrote an offensive e-mail and she can mail the check, happy holidays.

I just got her reply, and it's ALL bs. She is clearly a racist bitch. Period.

So, tomorrow I am writing the outlined e-mail of the costs WE incurred fixing THEIR problems. And I will make sure to not be as nice as I have been. No one at our company deserved to be talked to the way she is, ESPECIALLY when we busted our ass for her and to make her deadlines (even though SHE breached the contract for deadlines when she turned in the bad artwork.)

Good evening!! I hope everyone has a good night, Hugs and prayers for Jennifer and Terry and Michelles son! I love that Dem/Rep Holiday joke.

I found out yesterday one of my customers/friends has breast cancer, she is in her 30's and I am still stunned. I know that breast cancer really hits alot of people. Hers was just a routine mammogram, so don't ever miss them.

Have a good one!!

Jane