Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

How fun that they take special pics of the kids. I bet they sell a lot more of them, I know when my kids were in school, it was always just a head shot in front of a blurred blue background--same exact thing they used when I was in school!!

Denise---Hopefully your DD will get past the sickness soon. I never had any morning sickness at all, but still lost weight for the first trimester every time! Getting pregnant is not an option for losing weight tho!!!

When Manda had Kinsey, my best friend gave her a baby shower---and they about laughed me out of the house, I had so much stuff to bring! That was nothing---I split it up because a friend of Manda's gave her one as well!! I made her crib set---the bumper pads, and quilts, because we could not find anything at the time she was born in the color/pattern she wanted. Her nursery was done in denim blue and pink gingham check. By the time she was a year old, there was pink gingham check everywhere!! She was going to be a winter baby, so I did blankets---you name it I did it, crocheted, quilted, fleece, flannel!! I had so much fun though!

So TracyK if we were closer you could drop Macy off to play while y'all moved. How far away is the house you are leasing?

Have you checked out the Old Navy Bargains section on their website? We ordered several outfits for the kids yesterday---at good prices! Most of their jeans have the adjustable waist, I love that!

Judy----I see your pic in your signature, and I want my card to get here so I can see it for real!! I am not a patient person!! LOL

Hope the day looks up for Terry & Jenn!!!

I see Suzanne and Michelle here the same time I am--HI girlies!!

Off to get some things ready for Kinsey and I to make some candy. Not too concerned about eating it, I am not hungry for anything. Kinda concerns me......it is so wierd!

Talk to y'all in awhile!

Kat

Ethan is here and has finished his Breakfast and is resting now. I had a couple of bites of eggs and cheese and some of his mandarin oranges. Now I'm good to go til lunch. Or at least until my Crystal Light slushy in an hour.

Kat... the picture I sent in the card is not the same one as in the signature. I wish I had waited til I found out about using Walmart online. Just got a batch of 10 more pictures yesterday that are way better than the ones I already sent out. Anybody want a new card?? lol Oh well, at least I know for next year!!

TracyK.. I remember well the picture taking days at school. There were kids dressed up with hair looking sooooo strange. Don't know what some of the moms were thinking! They always did the Kindergarten pictures first, thank goodness, cause by an hour into the morning, their clothes were askew and their hair...well, we won't even go into that!

Terry and Jennifer... sending you Purple Power vibes for a better day today..

<<<Looks around and makes sure I am in the right place...Hiya Violets~

I am so excited! My amiga joined the jazzercise class w/ me. She will go Tue and Thurs and I have another friend who goes on Mon and Wed (starting in Jan. there will not be a Wed night class). So that is my 3 week days covered...harder to make excuses. The only bad thing is that my Tues Thurs friend (Jackie) likes to go to Dairy Queen after working out, lol. I think that is the evil leading the evil...or 2 fat kids in a candy store:D.

I was so good yesterday w/ food. I was starving after working out last night, and had 1/2 cup of fat free refried Beans and 1 piece of cheddar (190 cal) and felt soooo satisfied. I would've loved one of Kat's tacos. I love tacos, but unless there is a man or men here...I don't even wanna cook 'em. They are a lot of prep work for Susanne to eat 2 and me to eat 1. I'll make 'em from time to time for friends, my brother etc.

Got a long day today. Work, quick shopping @ Gottshalks (big sale today), exterminator @ 4pm, and cable company from 4:30-6:30 window. I am getting wireless internet. I live near an airport, and am just worried that the connection won't be clear. Between you all and my online teaching I've become extremely dependent on the internet.

Have a great day! Terry and Jenn...we are here for you always. Post when you can, it is important to stay connected to as many positives in your lives! PURPLE POWER VIOLETS!

xoxoxoxoxooxox

Judy, I know I shouldn't do this, but gonna take a chance and speak for everyone here!!!

I would love mail with pictures ANYTIME!!!!!!! It doesn't have to be Christmas, or a holiday--or it can be another Christmas card----I love it all!!!

Put something in my mail box that does not have the words "pay this amount" and I am a happy camper.

EEeewww for awhile I think I need to change my 'happy camper'......camping was not such a happy thing lately!!!

Kinsey is a bit out of sorts this morning. She made a mess in her room, she got out blocks, and now does not want to pick them up! She flops her arms down and says she needs a bubble bath!

Today we are making pecan bears---aka turtles. But we leave the pecans peaking out like arms & legs & head. I think it is something she can do with me....and you know they eat just as well if the pecans are not set just so!

I feel so wierd not wanting to eat.

I hear blocks going in the bag--guess I will go and start a bubble bath!!

TTYL~~

Kat

Good morning violets!!!

((((JENN & TERRY)))) Hope today is better for both of you!!

I made pot roast last night, while cooking pigs in a blanket for today's X-mas party at work. I don't know who I was kidding, I can't eat meat right now.

I made mashed potatoes, and made a Soup out of a scoop of potatoes and gravy from the roast.

We picked up some Slimfast (a flavor I can tolerate) and I got a 4-pack of the EAS Myoplex. I can't remember what I heard about it.. but it's 4 bucks a BOTTLE!!! the 4-pack was 12 bucks, if I had noticed that when we were buying it, I would have skipped it. I'm having my Slimfast right now.. it's a pain to get down.. every sip is painful. This stuff is too thick for my morning tightness.

My size 19 pants came last night!! Keeping in mind Alloy's sizes run VERY small (Junior sizes).. I laid all 3 pairs on the bed.. all 3 are different brands.. First set.. fit! Had a hard time getting my pooch to go into the pants (they were low-rise and I guess when a size actually fits, low-rise won't hold my belly LOL).. 2nd pair, fit PERFECT.. wearing them today.. they are tight on my butt, fitted on my thighs, and make the flares stand out since the whole thing isn't baggy. 3rd pair (tightest brand), was super duper tight, I could only wear them if I have a baggy shirt on. They make a muffin BACK.. where my back tattoo is, it poofs up over the pants lol. But this is a new size for me! YAY! This means if I went to Lane Bryant I could likely wear their 16 pants.

Company X-mas Party today, I saw some of the goodies they're raffling off.. big tins of popcorn. Num num.

Yay Laura!! Going down sizes is great!!!!

I can go into a plus size store now and know everything is going to fit!! I usually try on now, but usually size 2x fits, but the occasional 1x and sometimes depressing as it seems a 3x. but I haven't really found any tops that don't fit at all. That is a plus. It is weird how sizes differ so much even within the same brand. Almost all C. J. Banks tops I wear a size 2x, some though is still a 3x, and I bought two Karen Scott tops the other day and one was a 1x and the other a 2x. But I figure the 1x gives me hope, and the 3x just frustrates the heck out of me!!

Have a good day!!

Jane

Wooooooooo Hooooooooooooooo... the maillady just stopped at the door with a package for moi!!!

Thanks Michelle for all the neat gifts!! I got a nice, warm, handmade scarf, a gift pack of Crystal Light (was just thinking I needed to restock today!) and a beautiful little purple angel for my tree!! I LOVE it all!!

Thank you, Michelle!!!! Your card is great too! Beautiful family!

post-215048-13813136030712_thumb.jpg

Judy, I know I shouldn't do this, but gonna take a chance and speak for everyone here!!!

I would love mail with pictures ANYTIME!!!!!!! It doesn't have to be Christmas, or a holiday--or it can be another Christmas card----I love it all!!!

TTYL~~

Kat

You got your wish. Card #2 is in the mail to you as we speak.. ;)

Oh Yay, Yay, Yay!! I'm so glad you got the package so quickly, Judy! I've been so excited to "read" your reaction -- the pic is wonderful!! I really love the angel ornament... she's got it all going on -- she has a violet dress, she's holding a heart, she's got "2007" on her AND she's an angel -- just like you (ALL) are to me!! I wish I could've gotten one for ALL the violets!! To me, she just symbolizes our year perfectly!!

It's true... it IS more fun to GIVE than RECEIVE!! ;)

Good Weds Morn, Vi's~~

Just got back from my last aqua aerobics class of the year... phew! I'm cold & wet sitting here (still have my suit on under my sweats)... but I've got some ebay items coming to a close in the next 10 - 21 mins, and I love watching it at the end... so exciting!... so I'm going to wait 'til they're over & then go jump in a HOT shower!!

Everything is plugging along here... nothing major to report... hope everyone is well... worried that some of our number may be in the 1 mill w/out power in the mid-west!! Hope not!!

Off to check on my items...

I am so easily amused!!!

Good morning............ our power went out yesterday and my son's daycare closed.............. then I took the boys to McDonalds (along with all the other power outage people) then we loaded up the truck and went to my sisters for the night, but ... about 7:00 the power came back on so we went home to sleep in our own beds......... then his daycare called and closed for today!!!!!!!!!!! arrrrrrrrrrrrrg.. today is the christmas lunch and I had to finish processing the payroll.. so he is here with me! I have him all dressed up so cute but it is still hard to keep him in check for the nuns (and my boss) but I am here.

Hi girls! Just a quick hello to everyone! Hope everyone is doing great. I've been super busy here at work and even more at home. Exhausted and crancky but not gaining so that's good. I love this time of year but could do without all the added stress! Love you guys!

I posted this in R&R but in case you guys don't wander there.

Just got back from cleaning up after the X-mas party. Sales doesn't get the raffle prizes (Wah!!) AND we had to clean up.

This is an e-mail I got when I came back.............

I am about to explode.

I will give the brief background.

A local church (all black, sadly this is relevant), came to us to make their dedication yearbooks. First, this is not what we typically do. Our industry is CD & DVD. But we CAN do it, and back when we were a smaller company we did a lot of local stuff. So, we take the job since it's a local church.

First, their artwork was a nightmare. Our graphic artists (who normally spend 5 minutes lining up customer artwork onto our templates) had to spend over 8 working hours on their project. We did NOT charge them extra for this. We set up meetings and met with their committee to get everything right. We delivered the proofs (they are suppose to pick them up, but they were 'busy')...TWICE.

She called me every hour on the hour for weeks while our artists were fixing it. They had a deadline of Dec.9. I ALWAYS called her back, even though she just always wanted to complain about how long it was taking. We took a while trying to fix THEIR problems for them, since they didn't know what they were doing to begin with. But we promised we would make their deadline.

We did, they got it in time. They still owe us about 40 bucks for a page they had to fix after we started printing the job.

So anyway... I e-mailed her the other day, said hope your holidays are good and yadda yadda, we never got the $40, if you could let me know how you'd like to pay that.

All of a sudden no response from her. We figured we'd write off the $40, this is why we make everyone pre-pay.

Well I wrote her again this morning, I POLITELY said I haven't heard from her, just checking the status of the payment. Thanks so much!

And this is what I get back.................

You have treated us like second class citizens throughout this entire process. Perhaps you're not accustomed or don't even like working with minorities? Perhaps our job was too small for you and didn't warrant superior customer service? Whatever the reason, your customer service and how you treated us was unwarranted and unappreciated.

Again, you will definitely get your money this week.

OMFG. 1. That is COMPLETELY offensive to me 2. We went above and beyond and I am just SHOCKED that I got any kind of negative e-mail.

I am so mad I can't stand it. I want to slap her. We did so much for them, and this is their response?????? Thanks to them, we're not doing any more local work. The CEO is offended, and they're sending her an e-mail personally.