Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Kat we must have been posting at the same time. Rick and his buddies are in my prayers for the safe return. I am getting ready to watch that movie at 8:00 (central) on lifetime.

I hope you have an almost worry free night!!

Jane

Im back from the hot tub all warm and cozy and ready for bed. I'm also very drugged up and am going to try the Vicks on the bottom of my feet that I heard about in email. Stinky stuff, but if it works, it will be worth it.

Kat... your guys will be in my prayers for a safe return.Sounds like a mess driving out there!

Everyone have a restfull night.

Patience, Trust, Purple Power, WWJD??!!

I got my SS gift! OMG (((Gina))) it's PERFECT!!!

Did you see it online or on the TV? I just don't see how a picture could do it justice. I think it's a pin/pendant? But it came with a ribbon wrapped around the top and I immediately thought it was an ornament.. and that's where it is for now! :biggrin1: It's glittering in the tree lights, I'll take a picture and show everyone.

It's so beautiful and sparkly.. it's a fairy with glittery wings on a gold setting, with snowflakes that dangle (the snowflakes are such a cute touch!)

Love love love it! Thank you so much!!

I saw it online -- I had so many choices (Fairies) that I became overwhelmed online - and scared you would already have the items I was thinking about -- so I thought Jewelry - (yes it is a pin/pendant).

And I thought if you don't like it - you could return it for something else - they are really good about that.

Enjoy -- you deserve the very best!

Hugs:girl_hug:

Trust me, that's a very flattering photo...... why do you think I posted it?!! LOL I've got lots of rolls when I bend or sit...which I do quite often! They have GOT to go!

Kat - I'll be worried about your man!!! Tell him thanks a LOT for making us ALL worry! Tell him we're ALL mad, not just you!! :P I pray he makes it home alright. Why the heck didn't he take his meds with him?

I've had the most exhausting day ever!! I'm way too tired to type. I look forward to greeting you all properly tomorrow!!

G'night. zzzzzzzzzzz

Prayers out for Kat’s snow-bound husband and son and to Judy in her drugged-up state and to Pamela’s Suzanne with Meniere’s.

And Merry two-weekends-before-Christmas to everyone. Wow, what a busy two days I’ve had finishing Christmas shopping, decorating, and well, that’s about all, but it sure feels like I’ve been supremely busy. My niece’s Christmas program at her school was yesterday so the family en masse was there to support the only grandchild/niece in the family. Can you say spoiled?

And this evening my husband and I drove through the Living Nativity sponsored by the First Christian Church in our town. They do an incredible job of re-creating Bethlehem, complete with Roman centurions collecting census taxes. Luckily, a kind woman is stationed at the entrance giving us the necessary denari.

After church tomorrow I need to go give final exams at the College of Charleston. Silly schedulers for having all Spanish exams given on a Sunday afternoon from 4-7pm. Silly, silly, silly!

Blessings to all, snow-bound or not,

Cindy

Thanks for helping me worry everyone!

Rick did not take his meds, because he was planning on being home, was his reasoning. I did the head shake, eye roll combo! He is not on anything serious these days. A blood pressure medication that keeps his heart beat more regulated. And an aspirin, and he takes a pill for degenerative bone disease in his neck, it is an arthritis pill--- and without a doubt the one he is missing the most!

We also both take Prilosec OTC....or rather tonight I take it!

He called several times while he was in range, and we were talking when he lost signal. I believe they are going to spend the night in the cabin---then break camp, and even the hunters are coming in, the roads are simply impassable, making it unsafe, so tomorrow they will all return.

The one thing that Rick kept saying was that he knew Gary should not go alone....guess he was right. But he is not off my list!

Tomorrow I am going in the morning to buy the one missing piece to my new gift, and then Monday AM it is out a here! LOL.....

I picked and chose a variety....hope it is something she likes!! Think I got you? I'll tell ya who I didn't get....Tracy, Gina, Laura.....lol!!!!

I too should go to bed!

Will check in in the mornin'!

Kat

going thru withdrawl so had to stop in and say hi, just getting in from work and going to bed, long hard day

Good morning violets!

Hopefully it is going to be a relatively quiet day today. My dsd and dss are going home today sometime and I just have the house to clean and the regular Sunday ritual of gtting ready for a new work week. :P

I did OK concerning the cookies...I had 3 (big ones) then wanted to kick myself in the rear end but oh well, whats done is done. I did nt eat them all at once, it was just ne of those munch on them throughout the day things. I proved to myself why I do not even keep that stuff in the house on a regular basis.

Kat-as soon as Rick is safely home let us know so we can stop worrying with you.

Judy-I have heard that Vicks anywhere on the bod works. I hope it works well for you!

Janie-I love anything decorated with shrinkwrap...it is so pretty!

Well, I am gonna start reading some of my new book before the other 2 kids wake up. Since the tie change, my quiet mornings have disappeared. Macy just can not seem to adjust. Have a great day violets!

Good morning, Violets..

Just let Jetta, the garage dog, out and now sitting a minute before getting ready for church. Lost a pound this week. Just have to lose 4# before Christmas to get my next angel charm.

I don't know if it was the Musinex or the Vicks slathered on the bottom of my feet, but I didn't cough at all last night and got a good night's sleep. Of course I'm coughing this morning, but at least it doesn't hurt anymore.

It's 19 degrees out and a typical winter day here in Northern Michigan. I'm going to wear my new khaki skirt with my knee high suede boots and my Salvation Army sweater that everyone compliments me on. I love, love, love having choices to wear!!! I used to have clothes in my closet that just hung there cause they didn't fit. Now I have clothes in my closet that just hang there cause I have too many and they ALL fit!!

Off to fix Breakfast and get ready for church. Everyone have a good morning!!

Patience, Trust, Purple Power, WWJD??!!!

OK, as soon as I submit my post, dss woke up too. Guess I just THOUGHT I was gonna read my book. Sounded good anyway :P

Morning Violets~

Kat...what is the word this morning? Hope the guys come back soon! I never knew the weather could be so bad in NM.

Cindy~ Thanks for the pm. I returned one. Your info was very helpful~

Judy~ wow...19 degrees. Stay warm, and feel better soon! I've never heard of the Vicks on the bottom of the feet...isn't that very far from your nose? What is the ideology behind that?

Gotta grade some papers today and enjoy the new sectional!. It is beautiful! I am bummed Susanne is not hear to enjoy it w/ me, as it is our xmas gift to each other. OOOO the track lighting in the closet is over!!! Looks so cool and what great lighting. TracyKS~ now the closet is officially done. We just need some more plastic "shoe boxes" from Target. Last week we bought all they had, like 55 boxes. All our shoes are in clear plastic shoe boxes on the shelf...looks pretty cool. Now, the worlds most expensive closet is nearly (boxes) done!

Have a great day! I didn't eat/couldn't eat all day yesterday. The guy worked all day and I felt bad...he wasn't eating so I didn't. He ran to Lowes and I tried to eat a chix strip...and had the worst PB ever. I think it was more like a down right vomit session. I couldn't even keep tea down. That was like 1pm (breakfast) then I had a protien shake for dinner, and a small bit of crackers. That was it. Hopefully today I can enjoy my turkey sauce I am making!

Have a great day!

xoxoxooxoxox

Afternoon, Violets.. I'm back from church feeling better and better. My choir sounded awesome today!! We did a song called African Star Carol complete with African drums. We have an African drum group in our church and they're really very good... and very white.. lolol Actually one of the drummers is an adopted African American girl and she's extremely good. Here's a link to the song if anyone is interested... I know, it's not everyone's cup of tea, but it sure sounded great today. http://switchboard.real.com/player/email.html?PV=6.0.12&&title=African%20Star%20Carol&link=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.jwpepper.com%2Fram%2F10029857.ram

Now on to the Christmas pageant next week...

Sooooooooooo here's an article about the Vicks on the feet..

"I received an email recently about how doctor's found great results in reducing a child's night time cough by rubbing Vicks Vapor Rub on their feet, then putting the kid's socks on, and letting them go to bed. Now this email stated that not only were they getting good results, but the Vicks technique was working 100% of the time. Hmmmmmm, Time to test

I have a young child and now that we are entering the cold season I figured I would have the opportunity to test this method out. Well, the doctors were right. One night I woke hearing my child coughing steadily in his sleep. Remembering the email that I received a few days earlier I decided to give the Vicks a shot. I went into his room and started applying the Vicks. Now, my child is a very sound sleeper and will sleep through anything, so me applying the Vicks to his feet did not even begin to stir him from his deep slumber. I tell you this because the results were amazing. After I applied the Vicks, but before the socks were even on I noticed that his coughing subsided and his breathing was deeper. I wanted to think that this was due to the fact that I had woken him up and he was simply not coughing 'at that moment'. That wasn't the case. He had literally stopped coughing all together.

I went to bed that night and was questioned by my child during breakfast on how the socks arrived on his feet in the middle of the night... he didn't even know.

The skeptic that I am was amazed, but still thought that it was just luck. Needless to say a couple nights later my child was coughing after a long Halloween night. Immediately I went for the Vicks Vapor Rub. Again, the coughing stopped upon application. I can't believe how well this works, but I wanted to share it with other parents out there knowing that a good night's sleep is like gold!"

Pamela.. I don't know how anyone else is built, but my nose is far from my feet... not far enough to ignore the smell of Vicks, but far enough that I couldn't see how it would work, but it did!! It's the only email I've received that sounded stupid and turned out not to be.. lol

On to lunch and then a nap and then the Advent Carol Sing this evening.

TTFN...

Almost forgot... a lady that was at church today for the first time in about a month said... "hey, skinny!" as I was leaving after church. Love those NSV's!!! I know I'm not skinny yet, but I know I'm so different than what I was 8 months ago, and different than what I'll be 4 months from now!! It keeps getting better and better!!!

Well I normally step on the scale on Mondays but I have that sleep study tonight and then a vaginal ultrasound after that, and then some shopping so I won't be home till way after I eat so I stepped on the scale today. WOW is all I can say! I was 239!!!! I have been struggling to get under 240 for a few weeks!!!

Now, today I am going to do all the things I was supposed to do yesterday! No excuses!!!

Have a great day!!!!

Jane

I JUST UPDATED MY TICKER AND HAVE LESS THAN 100 POUNDS TO LOSE!!!!!!!!! THAT IS GREAT MOTIVATION FOR ME!!!!! i AM GLAD I LOOKED!!!!

A VERY HAPPY JANE

question, can you make chocolate chip Cookies with egg beater instead of eggs? ?