Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Eggs are not good for me either! They are a slow go, or have to be mixed with other stuff---as in huevos rancheros, or with hashbrowns---so...I usually eat very little.

Cindy--------oh my this could be the blind leading the blind!!!

I think if you go to User CP---and then on the left hand side of the screen you can then go to EDIT OPTIONS and in there you can opt to allow PM's---and somewhere right in there you can allow email if you want. Don't feel like you need to allow email, if you simply open it up so we can PM you we can exchange it in private, and no one else will be able to email you.

Now to send one of us, or anyone else on LBT a PM---go to one of our posts, and click on our user name, it will drop down a menu that will give you options of sending a PM or an email---among other things. I don't want to go check it out-everytime I try to do that, I end up losing my post!!

Hope that helps. If not---we will get someone involved who is much more computer literate than I am---in other words, most anybody!!!

Wonderful gift idea Pamela---Tracy sounded thrilled to pieces! How is Susanne today? I know nothing much about the disease, it sounds horrible though. My DD dealt with some serious female issues while they were in the service, what useless Dr.'s she had! She is lucky to have her DD today, they let things slide, putting her off, giving her BS diagnosis--terrible that they consider themselves medical professionals over there!

Tell her we hope she is on the mend.

Judy got the PM---good idea, will stop and check that out while out shopping today!

OK---GINA!!! I hate to put you on the spot, but you MUST share your pictures with everyone here--OMG girls you cannot imagine...she is much like our TracyK, keeping her huge success to herself! Gina posted her progress pics on the Before and After---and she has done SO well! As I told her, I liked the new Avatar---but Holy Moley, she has lost almost a hundred pounds already! So Gina--show the rest of our crew!!! And yes--I'm gonna tell on you in Jersey too!!! LOL---I really am proud of you--you have done an incredible job!

Well Rick and our son have gone with our friend Gary to hunt. Rick technically does not hunt anymore. But he often goes with the guys, to set up camp, and spend the night, sometimes the weekend, then comes home. Gary will be staying a week, or until he gets his elk. This way we know exactly where his camp is, etc. Rick will be coming back tomorrow evening, our Son sometime Monday. They are nuts, it is deep in snow up there, and predicting up to 2 feet more! They have a winter tent and a woodstove for the tent--but no thanks!!!

So today Becky and I are off to finish my shopping up, and get hers started! Someone has to light a fire under this girl and it looks like it will be me!

I'll check back with all of you later today!

(((hugs)))

Kat

Thanks for the heads up Kat!!

GINA YOU LOOK GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!

Before Before-Jun15.jpg

Current - Thanksgiving Day w/ my GS-- over half way there.

After-Nov24.jpg

Gina

Surgery: 4-9-07 (self-pay)

Morning!

Just got back from the gyno. I forgot how nervous it makes me. And I forgot how painful the pap is. It doesn't last long of course, but yikes! We were having a conversation and she did it and I just had to shut up.

I asked her about my sex drive.. I have a decent one, but it's not as good as I'd like. When I went off B/C for surgery, I was like a horndog.. when I started back on, it went away. She said this isn't a common side effect of B/C but it does happen. But she doesn't want me goin off B/C till I lose more weight and regulate blah blah, so I guess her answer was tough sh*t. Bummer, was hoping she'd say a different kind of B/C would help or something.

They set me up to do some tests next week to make sure my ovaries & uterus are all ok. I have a kidney that is in my pelvis, and before I cared about kids, they told my mom they'd either remove it during pregnancy (if baby was squishing it), or the baby would push it out of the way. But doc wants to make sure the kidney isn't keeping my tubes and uterus from working properly.

So they're doing a dye test and inflating my uterus (eek). Some reason I think this is going to be painful.. and then doing something with saline & ultrasound at their office.. other part at the hospital. Hopefully all my girly parts are a-ok!

I lost 70lbs since the last time they saw me, they were happy.

I asked her about the problems I have on my thighs (bad bad bad sores, had them for years). Last year she told me to try hibiclens.. didn't work. I told her now that I've lost weight, I had HOPED they'd be going away.. but no. She said I would probably need plastic surgery and asked if my insurance covers it. I'm 99.9% sure my insurance won't cover it, since they don't cover obesity treatments. Boo ;)

This may be my last post for the weekend, as I've got a new hire and some other lose end before I head out......

PAMELA THANK YOU AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love my present!

Have a great weekend!

Suzie: Hope to see you tomorrow.. bring the camera!

Oh forgot to tell you about my 'incident' last night. I made a NUMMY balsamic chicken last night.

I used chicken thighs & legs.

Made a sauce out of mustard, thyme, sage, rosemary, salt & pepper.

Rubbed the chicken pieces down, then lots of balsamic vinegar, then a drizzle of EVOO. Roasted for an hour, turning & basting.

Well, while it's cooking I had some cheese for a snack. Kind of PB'd, not bad, was just where I foam at the mouth a little bit.. Then I go in the kitchen to turn the chicken (kitchen smells like the chicken of course) and all of a sudden I was horribly nauseated from the smell. Felt like the flu kind of sick. The smell was so overwhelming, I had a panicky feeling, I couldn't get away from it in the house. I ran outside in the backyard and heaved for a bit. I couldn't believe it. DH said "Guess you're not eating chicken for dinner". heh. It passed after 10 minutes, went back into the house, had the chicken for dinner with no problems. I had this happen one other time after a really bad PB, and I think it was a big spit bubble that triggered my throw up nerves. But the smell of the chicken was intoxicating (in a not-romantic way!).

Haydee- You can have your present! ;)

Everyone be good today.. TGIF!! I've had a white chocolate turtle for 'lunch'.

Hey all!~~

Just got back from the doc... I have all my fluid... & they gave me a bit more... never did get a definite answer about how much is in there now... but I guess I'll never know why I've felt so "open" & hungry since the last fill on halloween... odd... I've got my fingers crossed that this one will hit the sweet spot!! -3 in a month sux... don't want THAT to happen again!!

Kids get home 2 hrs early today... darn kids, messing up my day! Just kidding... sort of! ;)

Make it a great day, everyone!

-3 in a month sux????

How much would you have gained in November pre-band? ;)

Updated my ticker... for some reason, ever since dh reconfigured my puter, it won't "save" my tickers, so I have to re-create it each time... annoying, but at least now I can change the design to suit my mood each week!

Gina -- What powerful photos -- wow! You look great!!

Tracy -- Have fun this weekend!

Laura -- Your chix sounds nummy... but NO MORE OF THOSE TURTLE THINGS!

Or eggs... for the rest of you... by the sounds!

Pam -- No drinking & driving, esp in the rain!! Water, m'dear!

Suzie -- I'm w/you! I'm delaying the annual pumpkin bread baking as long as possible this year... so far I think I've got about 40 loaves to do this year... it begins next week, tho... + my family is getting on my case about not starting the Cookies yet (I always make all sorts of different kinds)... but I don't need them & neither do they!! Bah Humbug! Darn Xmas food!!

Jenn -- Yep... patience & trust... haven't seen Judy on here today, so I'll be the cheerleader... P&T! P&T!

Can you believe that it's snowing here AGAIN?? This is MARYLAND, not MINNESOTA... geesh!

Yes, Laura... -3 in a month sux... because I HAVE the band... so it'd better get workin'!! If I"M working... it has to, too!!

Pam-- I got your card today allso. That is too funny. Thanks.

Ohh myyy gooodness.

All the girls here go to a mexican restaurant for lunch on Fridays.. I don't like mexican food, but I go sometimes for the company. Today I was so hungry, havin those shoulder/arm pains I get when I am too hungry (really buggin me). So I went.. I was lookin for somethin that sounded good and small. They had a taco salad fajita. Lots of veggies, sour cream and guacamole. Ok, I even commented that I wished they had pics in the menu so I could see what stuff looks like. Anyway, I imagined a fajita with all this stuff in it. I was mistaken. It's a HUGE salad bowl (made of fried tortilla I guess) full of salad & fajita. I mixed it around and did a good job of picking at it the whole time. I ate 2 bites of lettuce with guacamole, one piece of green pepper, then tried a piece of steak. OUCH. We were chatting and I kept getting hung up, where you can't talk cause you're having an episode? So I went to the bathroom and cleared out the steak.. and I'm full. I'm so glad to be restricted again. Wish it was just a little fajita though, not this big salad. Got it to go, it's probably like 80 bites of food.. and I did 3.

TracyK~ So Glad you like it!! In all fairness...I loved picking it out and buying it. I think on the little card the website is there. They have some cute other stuff too! Wear it in good health!

Laura~ I love Mex...and love taco/fajita salads. I actually had one this week, and I scraped off 1/2 the meat etc and saved it in the fridge. Then I added it to shredded lettus the next day too! I add salsa or pico de gallo as the dressing and it is very lo cal...and soooo fresh and good! I never eat the shell...too much grease for me!!

So glad you all liked the cards. It was fun adding everyone to the lists! I hope this is a tradition that lasts as long as our friendships!

xoxoxoxo

Afternoon, Violets. I feel like crap today. Cold has gotten worse and I tried to take it easy today. I did get my Christmas cards in the mail and got my appetizer made for the PMS group dinner tonight. I really, REALLY don't want to go, but have to make the effort cause one of the pastors is retiring and leaving the area and this will be the last chance to see her before she goes.

Nice article in People magazine today about a 17 year old who had gastric surgery.. and it was LAP BAND instead of RNY!!! She's very pleased with her progress and has lost 54# since June. The article sounds like it could have been written by any one of us. Just so happens she is only 17, so that's the big issue. I sure wish I could have done it when I was 17!!

Just wanted to check in and I'm going to go back and be a couch potato until time for the dinner. They are having lasagna and I really am not hungry today at all. Guess I'll be picking at it and hoping nobody notices.

Take care... TTFN...

Pam- Yeah the lettuce I ate was good with the sour cream & guacamole (I don't like mexican, but I love guacamole).. I almost got the guacamole salad, but the fajita with salad in it sounded good (even though I was wrong hah hah). It had lettuce, pico de gallo, guacamole, all kinds of peppers, onions, sour cream, tomatoes, and then the evil tough over-cooked steak.

If I had it without steak, I think it would have been awesome. I didn't eat the shell either. I was going to reheat for dinner, but DH said he did want the left overs, so no more for me!