Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Ha Tracy! I love the purple hat and scarf too! But you're right, the weather here is nowhere near as cold as it is there! I think YOU need that more than I do! :eek:

You look adorable in it too!

Terry, what a sweetheart you are to encourage your mom to get/stay better by getting her out of rehab. You’ve a star waiting for your crown, I know. And Suzie, having your mom for three years, wow! More stars waiting for you. Being part of this sandwich generation is not easy, is it? But snuggling with the kitty on a snowy day makes everything worthwhile, I think, but I’d have to substitute a dachshund (one of my three) as my snuggle partner.

TracyKS, your new photo is ADORABLE! You look like you’re 15 years old (in all the best ways). And a dear friend coming to visit; what a blessing for you.

Go, Michelle, Go! Reminds me of Edgar Allen Poe’s poem: ‘Nevermore’ will your first two #’s be 25…yippee!!!

Haydee, thanks for the kiss—I LOVE it! Smooches to you, too!

Laura, here’s my explanation of MY bend-over belly: Gravity: It’s not just a good idea; it’s the law! Okay, maybe in our case, gravity is not even a good idea. :eek:

Prayer for Kat: Dear Lord, please give me patience—RIGHT NOW! What a funny Christmas card memory you’ll have—this time NEXT year.

Pamela, I’m so sorry to hear that your special sweetie has Meniere’s. My husband had it in 1989 and went through quite a trial with it before it was finally diagnosed and treated. He is doing so well now, and if you want any details about how he was treated, write me at hortonw@homexpressway.net

Denise, your Secret Santa has excellent taste! So, now I’ve got to get to Victoria’s Secret tomorrow and hook up with those pj’s. Too, too cute and they look GREAT on you! Can each of you imagine what we’d all have looked like last Christmas in them? Ugh, my mind doesn’t want to go THERE.

My apologies once more for such a long post, but posting only once a day makes me want to include just about everyone and recognize your successes and frustrations. I’ll get the hang on posting shorter messages soon, please bear with me.

Today was fairly easy: tutoring Hispanic kids @ the local 4th grade school and then Bible Study during lunch, then a long winter’s nap. Ahhhh… Tomorrow will be a sweet one, I’m sure as my only niece (my mother’s only grandchild) has her Christmas program at school (she’s in K-5) and then some shopping and lunch with my mom. After that I’ll be going out with a friend to give children’s books to Hispanic children that live in our neighbor. My friend is a stay-at-home mom and just felt that doing nothing to help these children who have so little was not an option for her, so she started collecting gently used books from her friends and buying new books and once a month we go out and give them away. What a sweet blessing tomorrow will be.

Happy Friday to all! :hug:

Cindy

Cute, cute, cute! Both the jammies, and the hat--methinks Tracy has good/fun taste!

Pamela--IF the weather cooperates---maybe your brother or someone could come and be at the house, so you could drive to where Susanne is? Rick and I did the long distance thing for almost 2 years---we were 357 miles apart, from my driveway to his! We saw each other every 2 weeks. I would go to Denver one weekend a month, and he would come here one weekend a month. This was before the average joe had internet! And it was back when the phone company charged a fortune for long distance---none of the flat rate---or nickel a minute! My phone bill years ago was always over a hundred bucks! So was his! Now with cell phones, it would be so cheap!

We wrote letters every day! I hated Sundays and Tuesdays, I never got mail from him on those days!!!Mondays and Wednesdays were my favorites---I usually got 2 letters! And we burned up the expensive phone lines. To this day he is my favorite person to talk to! We learned so much about one another and ourselves---talking was all we had most of the time. We didn't go to a movie where you were quiet...or a restaurant to talk about other people, or quietly eat---we talked, and wrote---it was so hard at the time...but I am so glad we had that time!

I hope your Sweetie gets better soon---and that your heart does too....I'm sorry she is sick!

The kids were not especially cooperative tonight. Partly because my grandson had not had a nap--partly because my granddaughter is 3, and realizes you smile for a camera, so she was making the wierdest faces, trying to smile---not her natural self at all! And mostly because my DIL wanted to get a family picture---and HATED herself in every one. It is such a difficult place to be with her. She has recently put on a lot of weight--easily 80 pounds in the last year and a half. She is not seeing it yet. She is working on it, doing Pilates etc. But...she kept saying things like, she didn't like this one because she looks like she has a double chin. Problem is, she does have a double chin...pictures will show that. Or she would complain that she looked too big next to Lenny. Well Lenny is 6 foot tall, and 160 pounds---everything looks big, next to his skinny butt! So she was getting stressed, and things just kind of went downhill from there. We finally got her to stand behind a nice leather chair, with Lenny sitting in the chair, holding Connor---had her lean over them---which hides the body, and stretches the neck, and she was happy.......but by then Connor was tired, and he would not smile---and Lenny was like Kinsey and smiling very fake, but she didn't care, SHE looked better! I gave up, went and sat in the Living Room and visited with my friends son.

I am going to go through the pics again tomorrow, and will see if any are going to work for me!

Michelle--had to laugh at your push to 600 posts!

Well I am going to go finish getting some things done, and go to bed!

See y'all tomorrow!

Kat

Cindy---I do not want to put you on the spot or anything...but!!! Isn't there always a but??!! Since I cannot email you or PM you, will just ask you here---and please do not feel you are being stalked!

We all exchanged personal addresses and emails not long ago so we could exchange Christmas/Holiday cards, and keep in touch should something happen, and one of us not be heard from.

If you care to join our list, you can PM me your information, and I will forward it on to the others, and send you ours. No one will share it without your ok, and you do not have to participate to hang with us here.

We tried to include

name

address

phone #

email

husbands/ SO's name (for Christmas cards mainly)

birthday---so we can remember one another on their special days.

OK, I am done stalking for the night!!!

Kat

Kat, thanks for asking, but...(yes, there always is a 'but'), but I don't have a clue how to PM. Could you or someone help me out?

Hanging my head in techno-shame,

Cindy :-)

Denise-those jammies are just too cute!! The only things I have ever owned from VS is perfume!! love it!

Good morning violets-TGIF

We are having dss and dsd over for the weekend. I just ordered dsd a charm for her Bracelet for christmas. It is a "big sister" charm and she is gonna love it!

This morning on the scale I am back down to 187. I haven't seen that in a while since I have been bouncing around the 188 to 190 range. Hopefully it is the beginning of greater things to come. ;)

Everyone have a great day! ((((hugs)))) to everyone

Morning gals

just checking in drinking my coffee. scale was still 210 this morning. I only had 1000 high Protein cals yesterday and did a super workout... how frustrating to me. Patience and trust right? Hopefully after a couple of weeks of this workout I'll feel like I'm shaping up if nothing else. but since it has only been a week I don't feel it yet.

I am so far behind on xmas cards and stuff, I am going to try really hard to get it together this weekend. Today is my 10hr day at work, so I don't know what I'm going to get done today.

hope everyone has a great day today

Denise- The outfit is just too cute and you look adorable weraring it. I agree, Tracy has good taste.

TracyKS- I will post tomorrow morning by 9am to let you know if I am going to the support group meeting. I want to keep an eye on the weather. I hope it's ok, I'm wanting to meet you so bad.

Woke up late this morning and didn't get to go to the Y. So I'm off to go to Curves here pretty soon. Than I have to go pick up meds for my older Sis and take them to her(she can't drive). And the off to the hospital to go check on my little Sis. She was admitted yesterday. She has 4 disinegrated disc in her back and is awaiting surgery. She is just having some complications from her meds right now so they admitted her. Than it's back home to finish my Christmas cards.

I keep thinking aout doing some Christams candy and goodies but I keep thinking if it's here I'll jsut eat it.So I'm putting off doing any of that stuff. Maybe the week before Christams I'll do it. Don't need to tempt myself anymore than I have too. Seems everywhere I go everyone has plates of stuff for you to eat. I trying real hard to remember how I made it thru last Christmas. Thought that might help me this year. I just need to keep my hands in my pockets.

Everyone have a great day.

Morning Violetas~

How are my favorite skinny biotches;)?? Denise~ Love love love the jammies! I can't wait for my SS to get my gift!!! Had a horrible thought this morning...what if she already has one??? That would suck!

Everyone~ Thanks for your well wishes for Susanne. I told her I'd cancel all the stuff going on here and go to see her. We are having a massive rain storm in so. cal...and she doesn't want me to drive in that (I really am not the greatest driver in the rain). Also, I think she is glad that the "work" will be done when she comes next week. Cindy, I am interested in learning about how you treated it w/ hubby. She was told to just watch salt...gotta love military health coverage (shit). I can't PM you (I wanted to also tell you my last name...my family was HUGE in SC and I am sure you will know the name.) Anyway, try to check User CP on the top of LBT to see if you can click on it to set it up. Or we can use email.

Well...TracyK, I agree, TGIF. I am soooo tired by Friday of getting up at 5 and getting out of the shower by 5:15. :faint: It is raining hard here. I am supposed to go to a party 30 miles away...and it will be pouring rain. W/ wind up to 60 mph. This should be interesting!

I'll pop in from work. The kids are taking a test today (love Fridays) so I get to clean my desk and catch up!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Everyone~ Watch, tape, DVR the movie on ABC Sunday night "One More Day"! Get your tissue and enjoy!

THANK YOU PAMELA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I ABSOLUTELY DO NOT HAVE ONE! it is way cool.. I will have to post a pic of it for all the girls to see! It is a specially made necklace that has 3 silver rings each one that says something different...

RIDE === BIKER======= CHICK======== Completely unique.. I LOVE IT.. and the best part.. IT FIT AROUND MY NECK!

Denise you are SOOOOOOOOO welcome! I'm just sorry it wasn't wrapped!

Pam: Give Suzanne my best!

Suzie: WE WILL BE THERE TOMORROW.........

I got her room ready last night, and I put dinner in the crock pot this morning.

Tomorrow we are getting up and going to the meeting, then off to to the Plaza. We are staying on the plaza, and have tickets for the KC Ballet version of the NUTCRACKER... we had planned on some serious time in the hot tub and pool but her doctor has not ok'd it since she is still healing from her latest surgery........... She emailed this morning saying that she would be heading my way around Lunch.. (takes 3 hours to get here)................. I'm so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was a rough night....... Cody was up at midnight puking and then Robby woke up about 3 a.m. with bad dreams..... then I was up at my normal 5a.m. putting stuff in the crock pot and Cody decides he is staying home from school today.... NOPE.. not an option........ he fought with his dad about it first and then he tried pulling the sympathy card on me....... little did he know I am not a pushover like his mother and going to school is NOT an option... told him that I would take him and pick him up today but that he was going.... and if he was indeed really sick the nurse could call me and then I would go get him....

(the real issue: he has been gorging on koolaid, chips, fudge, and he ate 5 biscuits with gravey last night) I told Charles that is wasn't good to let him just have a free for all on food and junk and Charles rolled his eyes at me........... also dad has not been enforcing the bedtime........ which is why he pulled the crap this morning.)

I explained to Cody that I was not raised to just stay home when I didn't feel good, same with work....... you at least SHOW UP and then reevalute once there........... (his mom let him stay home all the time, and he helped her with the daycare kids) don't get me wrong she is a VERY good mother, but she is very noncombative and softspoken........ (polar opposite of me)............. anyway....... I'm ready for a great weekend! ;)

I'm sitting here PBing into my trashcan for the last 40 minutes because I had 3 bites of eggs. Would someone tell me why in the WORLD I thought I could eat eggs now, when every single other time I ever tried them I am in the same position????

Am I just THAT stupid????