Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Tracy...you look adorable in that getup! Especially cause it is purple!

Kat...screw patience...a shot of tequilla will calm the nerves;)

Ok ladies...Susanne was in the hospital this morning again. She suffers from Mieners disease. She will become very dizzy, off balance, etc. So now...I have the couches coming on Sat. and the guy is coming to install our track lighting in our closet (the most expensive freakin closet ever) and my honey is sick at home 113 miles away. I am such a goober when I drive especially in the rain so she doesn't want me on the roads. But I feel soooo bad! I think I'll send her some flowers. Anyway, my heart is sad, and actually I am too freaking busy to get to her. :faint:

I was signing my Xmas cards in a hurry, and I think it's Tracy's.. I spelled my name wrong hahaha.. I even put "I forgot how to spell my name".

Hehe!

I did something different for cards this year. Every year I end up with extras, and I store them. This year instead of buying new cards, I took a mix from the ones I've used before.

And in our group, I used 3 different styles. I picked them out according to your personalities, so that was kind of fun :eek:

Now.. to get stamps.. I'm so lazy.

Ok it kind of dawned on me when I posted the oatmeal chicken recipe.. but it JUST hit me like a rock on the head. I don't like chicken breast. I've been making myself cook it lately, and I pick at it, but I just do not like it...then I get hungry really quick later on.. doh.

So.. chicken thighs & legs. Why haven't I been buying them?! Most recipes I make, I can make with the dark meat. DUH!!! I'm so stupid, took me what 7 months to figure this out? I love the dark meat of chicken. Going to make DH stop at Publix (and listen to him bitch & moan) on the way home from work, going to make roasted balsamic chicken.. with thighs instead of breasts. I'll actually eat it! YAY!

Evening, Violets..

My SS gift is in the mail and should arrive on Monday, or so UPS tells me. Gina.. I also sent the clothes out and they should be at your doorstep on Tuesday. Hope they work out for you!!

Tracyinks... you're a cutie patootie!! Love the hat and scarf!

Well, the Bobster got the outside lights done today while I was doing my hospital shift. We went out and got stamps so now it's time to hunker down and get some cards in the mail. Gotta go to rehearsal in a couple of hours and dinner is in the oven.

Pamela.. so sorry to hear about Suzanne. My dad had Meniere's disease too and knocked him for a loop when he turned 40. I remember him off work for weeks and not being able to get out of bed.

Kat.. I'll do what I can for you but my pull isn't any better than anyone else's. Now the Bobster, on the other hand might be able to help ya out!!

Catch everyone later... TTFN!

Pam, Just read about Susanne. That is so scary.I know you must be in a panic right now. Being so far away is very hard. I will keep both of you in my prayers.

Just recieved this in an e-mail. Too funny.

Onions and Christmas Trees

A family is at the dinner table. The son asks his father, "Dad, how many

kinds of boobs are there?"

The father, surprised, answers , "Well, son, there are three kinds of

breasts. In her 20's, a woman's breasts are like melons, round and firm.

In her 30's to 40's, they are like pears, still nice but hanging

a bit. After 50, they are like onions".

"Onions?"

"Yes, you see them and they make you cry."

This infuriated his wife and daughter so the daughter said, "Mum, how many kinds of 'willies' are there?"

The mother, surprised, smiles and answers, "Well dear, a man goes through

three phases. In his 20's, his willie is like an oak tree, ? Mighty and

hard. In his 30's and 40's, it is like a birch, flexible but reliable.

After his 50's, it is like a Christmas tree".

"A Christmas tree?"

"Yes, dear - dead from the root up and the balls are just for decoration."

:laugh :laugh :laugh :laugh :laugh :laugh :laugh :laugh

Pamela-first off let me say that I feel so bad for you having to be so far away from Suzanne while she is sick. I know how hard it must be for you!

Second...no the one that i in flight attendant school is my SIL. She passed her final and got her wings and graduated today!! She is beside herself with joy! I am so happy for her!

Tracy-too cute in your hat & scarf!

I read everyones posts but with dd driving me up a tree I can not remember all the personals i was going to write....let me think....

Oh, Michelle-YAY YOU!! I am so happy you finally got he scale to move. Way to go!

Lets see, I have not weighed this much is such a long time I can not remember if it is a set point or not. All I know is that I am bouncing around the same weight right now. i think getting under 187 is going to be a tough one! You know how sometimes you can just tell that you are on a weight that you will be seeing for a while....well thats me right now. But, I am not complaining, I have done well and will continue to (God I hope)

Terri-I am so glad your mom will be with you for the holidays. That is so wonderful!

Everyone have a great evening!

Good eve, Vi's~~

FINALLY got my family to stand still & smile for the camera for our holiday picture! Phew! So now the card is in the works. Little by little, Christmas will come together! I always get a bit ticked off that a fat man gets the credit for all my hard work... but that's a mom's life, huh??

Fill tomorrow!! I can't wait!

sleep tight!

This one should do it! 600 posts! Let's make it a good one!!

I LOVE THE VIOLETS!!

:kiss2:

muah!

Too funny Michelle!!!

Went to Dr.s today and weighed 241, so I was down six pounds since I saw her last month. She went ahead and gave me a fill! I am excited that I have the fill for the holidays!!

Love the picture Tracy, it is almost 10 p.m. and we really don't have a lot, making a lot of noise with the sleet, but it is not sticking on the streets. I hope I don't have too many cancellations tomorrow. I looked at my book and it only looks like one or two might be the canceling type!!

Pam, I hope Suzanne feels better soon!! I am sure you need a hug right now too!!

Have a good night!!

Jane

Pam - I'm sorry to hear about suzanne... and omg I thought the closet was done. LOL

Suzie - LOL that was good

Tracyks - you are so cute

well, i just got home from work and going to bed, i'm so tired I didn't even realize the firetrucks were driving down my street to put out a fire at 3am. the firehouse is volunteer and there is only 1 house between me and the station, so usually when they go out at night I am on the ceiling. Well, my dd told me it sounded like the neighbor town trucks came up the hill and around the back of the house.. I guess I'm tired

night all

I'm not sure if we should spill the Beans to each other who our Secret Santa is yet! That way nobody uses the process of elimination to figure out who their Santa is. :eek:

BUT, I have to post a picture of what my Secret Santa got me...I LOVE IT!!!! I couldn't have picked anything more perfect!! Thank you SO much Secret Violet Santa!!!! Here's my wonderful pajamas and slippers that my Secret Santa got me:

p1010001jq7.jpgp1010002sc4.jpg

Aren't they ADORABLE??? She knew exactly what size to get me too...XL from Victoria Secrets! I can't remember the last time I fit into ANYTHING from that store!!

Thank you Santa!!!!

xoxo

Haydee, what lotion did you get???? I loveeeeeeeeeeeee Christmas!!!!

Oh hell, I have to tell everyone who my SS was! TracyinKS!!!!!! WOOOO! She's my violet twin! We were banded on the same day. :eek: