Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Oooooh... 1 more thing...

Pam (& all the other alkies on this thread! :) )~~ Don't you fret... I've already SOMEhow figured out that margaritas will be a staple for our weekend! I'm going to get my friend's slammin' recipe for pitchers of them... watch out world!!!

:cocktail:

So much to say...so little time!

Michelle and Haydee~ I am joining the race too. I will lose the race but I wanna play. I am 251 this am, so we are all near each other. Ok...On our marks...get set...go!

I neve had a set point Terry...I never really dieted. I tried WW, Atkins, Jenny, but never really stuck w/ it and never really tried. I always felt beautiful, although I was over weight. I always felt sexy...and yes, always got laid (in my youth)...so losing weight was not a biggie for me. My goal is 180ish or so, and would be pleased as punch w/ that.

TracyK~Glad to hear sis is ok. I guess this is not the flight attendant. BTW, how did she do on final test?

TracyKS~ Enjoy your girlz weekend!

I am hoping the SS gift arrives today or tomorrow! I love this stuff.

Haydee~ I would wait until the beginning of Feb for a garage sale. I have lots of reasons why, plus that is when we are having ours (or Mar). 1. I always have it after the 1st or 15th because people have money. 2. People are so strapped w/ money this month and need/want to buy new stuff not old as gifts. 3. Put an add in the paper before you do (like $28 bucks...soooo worth it). Last year, we had one, and made $800 dollars (bought our new garage door!). We had people knocking at 5am on the door...but hey, we wanted to make money, and we did. These are only my suggestions. GOOD LUCK whenever it happens!

OK...gotta run!

Have a great day!

xoxoxoxoxox

Terry~ That was very funny...already sent it off to people.

Oooooh... 1 more thing...

Pam (& all the other alkies on this thread! :) )~~ Don't you fret... I've already SOMEhow figured out that margaritas will be a staple for our weekend! I'm going to get my friend's slammin' recipe for pitchers of them... watch out world!!!

:cocktail:

We have a great recipe for Margaritas with frozen lime juice, they are yummy.

i have great sweet & sour pucker too, taste great with rasp ice crystal light. it is not as heavy or sweet as margaritas and it is a pretty color blue too.

I'm so glad you are getting your car back so you can get out, I know I go nuts being stuck in the house for a few days with the kids.

Michele- :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance: I am so happy for you. That is just to cool.

TracyKS- Zip-Tic-a-lock. I promise to not say a thing but can I bring my camera? We can show the other girls us together. I'm so happy for you and your friend being able to get to share a weekend. I bet your not going to get to much sleep this weekend. Hopefully the snow we are getting right now will stay around so your trip to the plaza will be extra special. That's such a magical palce during hte holidays. I love Crown Center. Have a blast.

Kat- Thanks for the post. I have also noticed that Lunasa has not been on here for awhile.

Lunasa Where are you??????

Tracy and I are getting snowed on. It's so pretty outside. I just put another log on the fire so now it's time to grab the kitty and suggle up in the recliner. So everybody have a great day. Be back soon. :cat:

OMG PB on eggbeaters and cheese... what's up with that???

It's amazing the difference between where we all are. I am wearing capris and a cardigan...it is 75 today, just beautiful. It is supposed to rain this weekend, so all of southern CA is bracing itself for STORMWATCH 2007!!!:omg::omg::omg: I don't miss the snow to live it, but I do know how special and pretty is can be...until you have me on the roads in it...that is a freakin nightmare!

Suzie...enjoy, that sounds like a lovely afternoon!

I agree, it is weird! Snow? what's that?!

We FINALLY got a cold front right after Thanksgiving.. it was 70-80's till then. We're now 40-60's during the day, 30's-40's at night. But we don't get snow.. well, if we do it NEVER sticks and it comes end of Jan-Feb. I love those pics you guys have of snow, makes me miss it (for only a minute). I hated driving in that mess when I lived in NM. But it sure does look pretty.

Now, y'all might wanna Bah Humbug me....but I say Haydee, you know what is in that bag now....break it out!! What better stress relief is there this time of year, than for Juan not to be able to keep his hands off of you??

I have this cologne I used to wear regularly back in the day when Rick and I first connected. Through the years, I wore many different ones. About 3 years ago, he walked across the road from work to Walgreens, to grab some junk food---and when he walked in, he said he smelled it! So he walked over to where the ladies were discussing which one to buy, figured out which it was, and brought it home to me. It is a Revlon product, sold only now through Walgreens according to them---it is called Ciara. He loves it!!! To this day he watches how much I have---and that is what he wants me to wear! He brought home 2 bottles the other night--it was on sale. Kat is set up for awhile!!!

As for set points, I agree whole heartedly Terry. I sat at 185 for probably 4 years, then woke up one morning and weighed 240--I swear it seems like that is true, I have no memory of slowly gaining those 60 pounds, it was like pouf they were there! Then I remember watching each diet take me back down to 240...then up, up, up and add another 5 lbs or so....until I was 290 pounds! But once again I am sitting on the 185---but it is ok for now, it has given me great peace of mind, concerning maintenance---I know how easy it will be to relax, and live life at my goal weight. If I was satisfied where I am, I would have it made in the shade! I eat---but I do not overeat. I splurge, but I do not binge nightly. I exercise enough to be healthy, and toning up---but I am not locked into an hours a day program in order to maintain. It is such a relief! To know this life exists! For me! For you!

Well, I cheated this morning, and printed address labels, and printed my Christmas letters! So, this afternoon I am going to take the Grandkids to my friend Gary so he can take some pictures for me. Hoping some will turn out, and I will share them with you! Then tonight, I will do those dang cards.

We have a steer going to butcher tomorrow---and my FIL decided last night, without consult I might add---to give him an extra scoop of a special feed out grain we have been giving him...and they called this morning, and he is down. So Rick is out there, pulling the dang thing around with the 4 wheeler, he has to walk it off, or he will founder and die. If he dies we lose the meat, we have been feeding him specially, so it would be an expensive loss. Personally I do not eat it! I prefer to go to Safeway! BUT I have kids, and family who do eat it, so I hate to see a thousand bucks shot! So who knows how long he will be walking the steer. I was hoping to get some things done---but he was kinda grumpy anyway, maybe this is best!!!

My SIL's (Rick's brothers wife--in Denver), Mom died yesterday. I talked to her this morning, they had already made it to Las Cruces NM, and she was so tore up she could not talk. And the day before, one of my DD's friends went into premature labor and her Water broke, so delivery was the only option, and her son weighed in at 1 pound 2 ounces. He is not expected to make it through today, although he DID live for now 3 days. Her first child a daughter was born 4 years ago, and only weighed 1lb.9 oz.!! She lived, and has thrived, seems to be perfectly normal! But boys have much lower survival rate in preemies. Then one of Ricks employees called and his Dad died---he was younger than Rick and I! He died cutting wood! Kinda scary, he had a heart attack---same thing that SIL's Mom died from.

Speaking of which Michelle, you be careful, we lost a very close friend Phil, in Denver to a heart attack as he shoveled snow! We spoke with him on the phone on Tuesday, and he called to talk to Rick on Thursday, and Rick was working so he called him over the weekend, and he had died the night before! It is serious business---be careful, it scares me!

The weather is headed our way--supposed to begin snowing this evening and last for several days. I love it everywhere but on the roads! Oh and the sidewalks--I still wanna go walking!

I am going to go re shop my SS----so one of you will be receiving behind the others----be patient----I will get it to you before St. Nick drops down the chimney!

Think while Kinsey sleeps, and yet more peanuts roast, I will start on those cards!!!

Talk to y'all in awhile!

Kat

Because I'm a goober.. also showing off my NEW Violet Colored Hat and Scarf! (I almost bought this for my secret santa but then I looked at HER ADDRESS! and bought it for ME instead! :)

post-208811-13813135984094_thumb.jpg

Too cute, Tracy!!

Got the car back... yay! Got it up to the house... yay! But after we emptied it (groceries), I drove it down to the neighbor's so I can get out in the a.m. w/out having to worry about ice, etc... I'm sure dh will tell me I'm being overly cautious, but so what!

(Oh, 3 cars HAVE gone down into the woods off our driveway, btw, over the past years... so it's not completely inconceivable that it could happen!)

TTFN!

Lord give me patience, and Judy, if you have any pull, please have him HURRY!!!!!!!

If you are one of the lucky recipients of a slighly weathered looking, or possibly smeared Christmas card---then you should know, how hard I worked to control my temper!

I buckled down and began my cards, was working away while Kinsey slept. She got up, so I went to get her some lunch, and she proceeded to try to help herself to my tea---which was on the table with all my cards. Originally it was on the table in a glass---but more recently it was on the table literally! I was throwing cards, and other junk right and left off of the table, attempting to save what I could. I have not cooled off enough to go and see what was salvagable. Just be forewarned, I would love to blame the condition of your card on the post office, unfortunately, it happened here at home. Sorry!

Time to go assure a 3 year old, that Granny is not going to explode into a million pieces.

PLEASE hurry with the patience!

Kat