Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Terry

so glad to hear you are doing so well. See posting first night like that, I knew you would do great.

Sara

I am so sorry to hear what a horrible time you had. My dr. required quit smoking for 6mos I think. I am glad you are feeling better and I am sure it will all be worth it!

Good Luck to all of today's banders. I will be thinking of you all

Today I have major hunger pains, so I ate a HB egg...... (the BANDSTER way) :)

IT IS HARD!!!!!!!!! Swallowing the egg (paste) was an exercise all on its own LOL

It really made me realize how FAST and Urgently I eat.....:)

Tracy

OMG, and I didn't like HB eggs before... LOL

I am leaving for vacation today, from hearing how much everyone loves their magic bullets, my mom bought me one as my "I'm sorry I can't be there - good luck" present. I am going to take it on vacation with me along with my protien powder. I have decided I'm going to live on shakes for Breakfast, lunch and then have a salad for dinner, or real food a few nights for dinner. I hope it works!

I am not bringing my scale with me so I won't have a clue if it works or not but would be so much easier than bringing chicken and lettuce and is more filling than lettuce so I hope I won't want to eat junk if i'm full.

Anyway, I'm not leaving until tonight so I'll check in throughout the day and of course I'm bringing my laptop with me to check in daily

So excited, when I get back it is my turn!!!!

If I don't get to post in the morning while I am gone, I want all the other April Banders for the next week to know you will all be in my thoughts and prayers

:)OnlyMe - 04/05

:cake:BandedMe - 04/05

:cake:DaveinToronto - 04/05

:cake:Cred - 04/05

:cake:AlexR - 04/05

:)Gr8ful gal - 04/05 HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

OMG...is it April 18th yet? Is it me or is this month going by soooooo slooooooowly!!!!!!!! lol Ive waited so long for this...and now it wont come soon enough..lol.....hold on, im gonna try to click my heels three times and see if I can make it to the 18th real quick...ha ha ha....didnt work

GOOD THURSDAY MORNING!!!

I have been very good on my pre-op diet all week and this morning I awoke with a MAJOR carb withdrawl headache.... I took my normal meds (thyroid) and then I took a couple advil and currently on my second cup of coffee........

The scale DID however drop again! Yeah.. it's still Water weight, but again I DON'T CARE! LOL from monday I am down 8.4 lbs.

3 weeks from today I will already be at the hospital and possibly banded by now... (I'm the first for the day) I would really like to go into surgery weighing in the 240's... but I will most likely not make that lofy goal, but I can hope..... I am very proud of myself for sticking to my pre-op! :)

All of our newly banded buds.. are keeping me excited and motivated! ITS FINALLY HERE!!!!!!!!

Speaking of weight...I weighed myself this morning to a new high 219! 7# overnight!! LOL I'll be glad when it drops off. I don't even know why I stepped on the dang thing...just like looking at a car wreck...just can't help it.

Man, Tracy -- you are on a roll, girl!

Jenn - I am glad you hear you are not bringing your scale with you! Your family would really think you'd gone crazy! LOL I can just see you with a suitcase in one hand and a scale in the other. :pound:

Hello! Today is my band day! :) BUT - my surgery isn't until 3pm EST! no food since midnight last night! I drank a TON of Water yesterday, had a filet migon dinner - yum! I hope it holds me!

Surgery was originally scheduled for 1pm but the hospital called yesterday and they bumped me to 3pm! UGH! I check in at 1pm.

GOOD LUCK to all being banded today and this month and GRATZ to all those already banded!!!! :)

WOW am I distracted - can't seem to concentrate on anything!!!! I will stay overnight at the hospital - DH will be with me and Granny is staying at our house with the kids.

Take care all - I'll post when I can after surgery!

Bandedme (TODAY!!!)

I made it!

Hi everybody I made it through my surgery yesterday morning. As most of you know I was terrified of the actual surgey part. In fact once I got my drugs & they were rolling me into surgery I was asking everyone to make sure I lived through the surgery b/c I have a baby daughter at home. LOL! Then when I was waking up out of anastesia I heard one of the nurses say she was the one afraid of dying. Ha! Anyway, I went in at 7am and was home by 1pm. Like Terri's post above surgery day was much tougher than I thought. Even after all my research here are the things that came as a surprize to me. I thought I would share with all of you that haven't gone in yet:

#1 - When I woke up I was in a lot of pain (stomach area). I also had difficulty taking deep breaths for about an hour which was kind of a scarry feeling.

#2 - The medice they give you for pain and nasea makes you very sleepy.

#3 - Drinking that bottle of Water was the pits and resulted in a lot of vomiting for me. In fact, I never finished the bottle but thank goodness they let me go anyway.

#4 - Have those sugar free popscicles ready b/c they really help with the throat pain.

Here is the GREAT news. Less that 24 hours later I am feeling great! The only pain now is a tolerable pressure in my mid-section and my throat hurts a little. Besides that I am feeling really good. I am even making it up and down the stairs of my house with ease. Yesterday I was thinking what have I done? But today I am soooo glad I went through with it.

Thanks to everyone for your prayers, thoughts and support. I will be praying for all the April bansters this month. :clap2:

ShineOn - AWESOME!!!! Thank you for posting! I am going in today. I really appreciate your step by step. It's really nerve-wrecking because you don't know what's on the other side! How you'll feel, etc. But it is awesome you are significantly feeling better today, less than 24 hours later! YOU ROCK!

Speedy recovery to you!

Bandedme

I'm so motivated by your posts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BandedME I am so excited FOR YOU! YIPPEEEEEE its only a matter of hours now!

Shine: thank you for the wonderful explaination!!!!!!!!!!!!

Terri: I am on a roll... (thank you for the compliment) I just hope I can lose another 15 in 3 weeks! My body is surely just in shock right now from the lack of food this week and mainly the lack of carbs!

Today I have major hunger pains, so I ate a HB egg...... (the BANDSTER way) :)

Nothing to drink

Small Bites

Chew, Chew, Chew (aiming for 30 times)

IT IS HARD!!!!!!!!! Swallowing the egg (paste) was an exercise all on its own LOL

It really made me realize how FAST and Urgently I eat.....:)

I've been practicing taking small bites and chewing, chewing, chewing. My dr. suggested that all his patients purchase baby spoons and use shrimp forks that way we'll be forced to take smaller bites of food.

Just a suggestion for the smaller bites and slow us down. :hungry:

The baby spoons and shrimp forks are really good ideas!!! I do have a question, I take Vitamins everyday, and my multi and Calcium are very large, what do people do?

Jane

I must have the best doctor. He has taken such good care of me. We/I in pre-op class were given a list of thing to get. chewable children vitamins with Iron is what was suggested. B-12 for under the tongue and they are sending me home with liquid iron.

There is a web-site www.bariatriceating.com where everything is made just for R-N-Y and banded. I also read the book by Susan Maria Leach which was very good and it had good recipes in it as well!

The site directs you to other bariatric products. They even have sugar free Syrup that is thick enough to make pecan pies with, splenda sweetened cocktail mixes, gourmet cooking sauces, etc. And ther is lots of info there. It is geared for R-N-Y but we can follow the same guidelines. You can find all chewable vitamins there also.

Dear All,

Sorry Ive not posted properly. Today is the first day (4 days post op) I'm actually breathing normally again, and the way you described the op Terri (i.e like you'd been in a major car wreck I can so relate too). Had anyone actualy really expained what to expect, Im not sure I would have gone through with this, my family god love them have been watching over me since Monday.

Love Sara xxxxxx

Wow! Sara, I'm so sorry you went thru all that pain and discomfort. I hope you recover soon, I'll keep you in my prayers. Like you I wasn't on a pre-op diet, but thank God, I had no complications at all. It was so different.

Here is my experience:

Yesterdey(Wednesday):

6:45 am I got to the surgery center(paper work)

7:00 am Getting ready, butt naked, IV, instrucctions, massage booties etc.

(the nurse Judy, God bless her, has the band, she has lost 140lbs, and she show me pics., awsome inspiration right before surgery)

9:00 am Anesthesiologist came in ask some questions and put it some drug, and I went to happy land, I started laughing, and telling averyone how good I was feeling. I the op room, they ask me to move from the bed to the op table, and again, I started laughing and I remember telling them "I won't fit there, I can't move are you crazy I'm going to fall, lol" Then I pass out:notagree

10:15 Back to life in the recovery room, feeling a lot of pain and nausea. The nurse put me some pain med(demerol) and fenelgan for the nausea.

10:45 On my feet, walking. They took me to a machine where you drink something to make sure everything is fine. Went back to recovery area, sitting on a recliner until release time.

11:50 I was on the car on my way home

So this was my experience, in pain for like 6 hrs. after surgery. I had a great sleep last night, pretty much on my back and on my right side. I can get in and out off bed by my self, up and down the stairs, no problem. I still have some discomfort, but is not even pain.

So for all of you to be banded, you know now that it can go very smooth like mine or very rough. My advice, follow your phisician instrucctions, step by step.

My nutritionist recommended Viactiv chewables. I got the chocolate cherry and they are wonderful! Like a little treat in the morning..

Just have to be careful not to pop them all day like candy.. :)