Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

TracyK~ OMG...the same sister you told us about this am??? Keep us posted. We will send some purple power too!

OOOOO I am sooo freakin excited! IM GOING TO GARTH! And I am buying TracyKS a T-shirt because she couldn't go. This is a life long dream, since I became hooked in 1993. SSSSOOO happy.

whew...my sister is at the hospital...she had a diabetic seizure. Said she felt dizzy, leaned up against a shelf then the next thing she knew, she was being brought to the hospital. I just spoke with her on the pone and she is getting better & better. Thank God.

This is the one reason I hate living an hour and a half away from my family.....I am glad it was nothing really bad!

Tracy- even though she is feeling better I will still say a prayer for your sister. That is so scary. My sister and her hubby just moved here from Florida so she could be closer to us when she has her surgery. She told the Doctor's there that she was leaving because she needed her family around her. (I didn't realize that meant moving in with us). Anyway, consider her in my prayers.

Just curious. How much tequila are you going to go thru on your trip next Spring? Are you gonna fill the hot tub with it? :straight

Good idea Suzie...why didn't I think of that. Michelle, we need tequilla and a blender for our trip! LOL

Home from a "kick yo ass" workout! Felt great! I am drenched! Gonna have a salad and grade some papers. Hope the Munchie Monster stays away...far away!

Okay! Whew. This fill was JUST WHAT I NEEDED!!

Went to our weekly cracker barrell, I didn't want to brave chicken.. so I got some b'fast with half a slice of ham, eggs, apples and biscuits.

Ate 3/4 of the eggs and was stuffed! FINALLY! I took a teeny bite of ham just to taste, I mean like a sliver.. and it was tastey but I couldn't eat anymore. I'm happy again, back on the wagon I am!! Foamed a little bit.. I think from the tiny sliver of ham.. But it's ok. Back to not bein able to eat big bites or breads. Just so excited you guys, my mojo and gung ho self woke up tonight!!

Glad your sister is ok Tracy! My sister is actually in the ER right now! She's fine I'm sure, she dropped a dresser on her hand and thinks she broke a finger or knuckles or something.. but no one is panicky, so it must not be a big deal.

We won all 4 games of bowling tonight, we're tied in 2nd and 2 games from 1st. We are on fire. Our 4th (a family friend) who is our best bowler, broke his ribs playing basketball last week (gah!) so he's out 6-8 weeks. We're fighting hard to stay top ranking while he's out. Told him at his age he needs to stop playin b'ball. He got a staff infection in his eye months ago from b'ball. It was nasty.. they had to take his eye out, scoop out infection, pack it with gauze, put his eye back.. I can't even imagine what that felt like.

My SS's stuff may have arrived today? I ordered something from there for my mom and it came in today. Hmmmm????

Kat check your PM, goin to write you now!

(Hugs to all)--and (((TracyK))) for your worried time about your sister this evening.

My husband's Christmas dinner @ work was today at lunch and a female colleague of his who hadn't seen me since last year's Christmas dinner asked me if I were now wearing a size 8!!! Wow! I've never been an 8, and probably won't ever get there, but being back in a comfortable 14 and a slightly tight 12, is such a gift from last year. Thank you, Mr./Ms. LapBand inventor!

All this talk about counting and Margaritas reminds me of something my college students have told me: One tequila, two tequila, three tequila, FLOOR!

Rest well, my new friends,

Cindy

Laura, how's your Migraine? And good going on being tight again with this latest fill. I'd much rather be too tight than too loose. Being too loose got me to where I needed the LapBand. ;-)

Cindy

Migraine finally went away.. took 2 advil too, which I felt get a little stuck.

I am very glad to be tight than loose. I was way too loose.

HI girls-

Back from a great day, finished up my shopping for the most part, and just had fun with Rick.

Laura I sent you a PM---just a few minutes ago.

TracyK---how scary, glad your sis is ok!

Suzanne---yea!!! Good test results always make me happy!

Pamela--you will love the concert--enjoy! Does your brother have any idea how lucky he is? #1 he has you for a sister, and #2 he got rid of the witchy gf, before she was a witchy wife!!!

Judy--you feeling any better? I got up with a super sore throat about 5 this morning--gargled some Listerine, and it helped. Then when I got up to head to Albq. I could hardly walk, my hip was freaked out, I hobbled, barely able to walk...Rick kept asking did I want to cancel---I refused! Suddenly as it started hurting it quit---must have had a nerve pinched!

Jenn---if you are getting our creeping crud--hope you feel better soon!

You know, I quit smoking in 1991---and since I always had kids around, I kept my cigarettes in a leather case, so my lighter was always with them, and I usually stuck the case down next to where I was sitting, so the kids could not get it. To this day about once a year, ALWAYS immediately after dinner, I will reach down in the side of the chair, and about the second time I run my hand back, I realize what I am looking for! I have not smoked a single cigarette in 16 years----and I still do it! I am like Pamela though--I cannot do it---one and I would be smoking again! I enjoyed it...but have a family history that is horrid, I needed to quit, and I just could not see myself paying $1.50 a pack cfor ciagarettes! Now they are twice that +!

Well I would love to finish my personals, but I have to get a shower, and Kinsey will be here before 6 in the morning. Will check back with all of you then!

(((hugs)))

Kat

Tracy sorry to hear about your sister!! How scary!! You must have been totally on edge til you heard she was going to be okay. Plus what a scary place to pass out Wal Mart at Christmas time!!

Laura, here is hoping the fill works well for you!! You deserve it after all the B.S. with your band!!!

I go to the Dr. tomorrow and don't know whether I will be getting a fill or not, have to see.

Well by the time a lot of you read this it will be morning, so remember Thursday is CTC Day!!!

Jane

Good morning Violets!

Thank you all so much for the well wishes for my sister. She is the sister that hooked me up with all of the clothes & shoes and purses a couple of months back. It is too early so I have not talked to her yet today but the last I heard, all of her tests (CAT scan most importantly) came out just fine. I think it was her wake up call to be more vigilant in eating the right way since she is diabetic. She will really be careful now!!

Laura-I am so glad that you have restriction! It is just what you needed, right!

I am still going to attempt the stop smoking ordeal on New Years. Nothing else really to say on that subject...lol

I need to get off here and get ready for work. Everyone have a great day!

Good Morning Girliez-

Laura - you misread, unfortunately. I was NOT able to quit smoking so I don't rock as much as you think! When I get into a size 12....or maybe 10 (which is my real goal) then I'll quit again. I'm like Denise...when I quit in 2003 I gained 60# in RECORD time to hit an all time high weight.

Speaking of which....let's discuss SET POINT weights! Those of us who are 'stuck' or 'plateaued'....by any chance are you at a weight where you spent a lot of time previously? My set points are 180, 168 and 158. So yes, for me I'm definitely stuck at a previous set point.

TracyK - So glad your sister is OK. Maybe this was her angel's way of waking her up to take better care of herself!

Kat - What the heck is wrong with your hip?? It's hell getting old! Mine's been freaking out lately too...I need to find a chiropractor. Soon.

I'm hoping Mom will get busted out of that rehab center soon. She's getting too depressed there...the other clients are so much worse off than her and 90% are devoid of personality. So I told her that she needs to come home with us at least thru the holidays and she was all for it! My dd will get displaced from her bedroom (haven't figured that one out yet) but I am really looking forward to spending this time with Mom. And now I have some ammunition to get her to 'behave' (stay hydrated and get exercise)!! If she doesn't, then it's BACK to the rehab center!! LOL That should work! Now....to get her discharged.

Busy, busy BUSY day today!!! Gotta run!

XOXOXO!!

Morning,

I quit smoking when I was admitted to the hospital with pneumonia(?) back in 1990. After being in the hospital for two weeks I decided since I had'nt had a cig in that time than it was time to see about quitting. You know, still to this day I have times were I crave one. Hubby still smokes so about 3 times a year I ask him to light one up for me. He wouldn't dream of doing it. At the time it seemed so easy to quit. I just walked away. Can't figure out how come I can't just walk away from eating.

Terry, glad to hear that you can bring your Mother to your home with you. We did the same thing with my Mom and I am so glad we had the time with her before she passed away. She was here for about 3 years and there are still days I think I hear her calling me or her opening a can of diet pop. Guess I just miss her alot. Enjoy this time and don't worry about finding space for everyone. It will all work out.

Gotta go get ready or work, wow that sounds so weird. But only have to work 4 hours today.

Everyone have agreat day and talk to you later today.

Don't forget it's CTCD. Have a good one.