Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

WOWSER Laura -- you look great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are a beautiful person.

Wowser tears? Only tears I bring myself are of frustration ;)

The tummy and upper arms aren't gone, they just went from bulging fat to flabby fat. My upper arm, is completely different consistency, and yet from pics I see the exact same size! (GRR)

My belly is still pooched out over my puddin pop, it just fits under my panties now. So don't be fooled, I'm not flat tummied! there's a roll under there.

I am pleased to see my face there though, I do feel prettier. I always thought I was pretty, but looking at B&A of my face.. I'm like wow, I wasn't pretty :x

Laura, that picture is amazing!!! It really is a huge difference!!!!! I think we are overly critical of ourselves in pics. You have done great!!!

Well I am going to try to make it an early night for me, so have a good one.

Jane

Well I think I make it unanimous, the pictures are great Laura, the changes are incredible, and I am SOOOO glad to see you getting control of it while you are so young! You won't have the concerns of being the Fat Mom---none of that--I am so happy for you!

We went to dinner, but I pretty much just stuck to chicken---I drank iced tea, the guys had a beer (or 3) so us girls were driving, so no margaritas for me! I am contemplating taking something for this cold I am coming down with, so it is better, I drink the tea! So, I behaved all day, and all through dinner, come home, and ate ice cream!! But it felt marvelous on my throat.

As of now we are still heading out tomorrow to go to Albq. Will drop a few coins for you Laura. I have never had an issue with break ins in Albq, yet! I say Yet because it is bound to happen sooner or later at this rate! We got broke into several times in Denver---always in the better neighborhoods! The shop was in Commerce City which is 90% industrial, and therefore, more of a run down area in the overall city of Denver, we never had anything happen over there!!

In Albq. I expected possible problems while parked for so long at Presbyterian Hospital, but nothing so far! This time of year is notorius, so I will be extra careful! Thanks for the reminder!

Did you survive both meetings today--or were they yesterday---Pamela?? My days are running together!!

Well I found my paper, so I am one step closer to actually doing my Christmas Cards-wait 2 steps closer! I bought stamps! Yay me!

Judy, sounds like we must have caught the same bug on here somewhere--I did nothing much today, some laundry--felt yucky!

Suzanne, I am hoping to feel up to Albq, tomorrow. I am glad day one is behind you, hope all is well and day 2 is cancelled. And Happy Anniversary! Wooo Hooo Silver Anniversary, that definitely called for celebration!

Well, I am going to go fold the last load of laundry---I am such a dummy---I put these air fresheners in the linen closet, and then realized that the odor was gagging! So I rewashed EVERYTHING in there today! Nothing like making work for myself!

Will check in to see if everyone is ok, at some point tomorrow!

(((hugs)))

Kat

Wowser tears? Only tears I bring myself are of frustration ;)

The tummy and upper arms aren't gone, they just went from bulging fat to flabby fat. My upper arm, is completely different consistency, and yet from pics I see the exact same size! (GRR)

My belly is still pooched out over my puddin pop, it just fits under my panties now. So don't be fooled, I'm not flat tummied! there's a roll under there.

I am pleased to see my face there though, I do feel prettier. I always thought I was pretty, but looking at B&A of my face.. I'm like wow, I wasn't pretty :x

Laura-we are our own worst critics! Take the compliments because we all mean them with all our hearts!! You have done a tremendous job and should be very proud of yourself! You DO look fantastic...we said so, so THERE ;)

Good morning violets! It is 6AM and reading about the margaritas makes me want one. I have not had one since I can't remember when!

Ket & Judy-I sure hope you both feel better today.

For the past few years at work I have been getting an extra bonus. I wonder if it will happen again. I sure hope so. My SIL graduates from Continental Airlines tomorrow and will be a flight attendant. She is my age (41) and has dreamed of being one for her whole life. Now, her dream is coming true. They had to stay there for a whole month...she missed Thanksgiving and the tests have been very tough! I have a whle new respect for flight attendants now. They have to learn every emergency situation that could arise, from terrorists to delivering a baby. The tests are the kind that if you fail, you have to leave. I am so proud of her! I thik her last test is today...so keep her in your thoughts & prayers. It would suck to fail the last test before graduation!

Everyone have a fantastic day!

Not good news. Tossed and turned all night. Yesterday when I left the stress test they told me they would look at the test and if everything looked good I wouldn't have to come back today. Well, I waited all night for that phone call. So I'm guessing that they found somethign wrong with my heart. Right now and everytime I woke up during the night I could feel the tears starting. I'm doing my best to hold my composure. Don't want my hubby to see how scared I am. Now I'm just hoping and praying that whatever it is that they can treat it with meds and not have to have surgery.

Drinkng Water right now. Not even going to drink my apple juice. Just want to make sure there is nothing to interfere with the test today. Hubby and I are going back to the Y to exercize together today. Think I'll just keep it light and stay with the treadmill and listen to my music.

I'll keep you guys posted as soon as I know something.

Hang in there Suzie. "No news is good news!" Maybe they just got busy... or want you to come back just to be thorough. Purple power!!

Good Weds Morn, Vi's~~

It's snowing!! In Maryland!! In December!! Oh my!!

I'm not ready for snow. It discombobulates everything here, because we get it so infrequently & so everyone wigs out! Sheesh! PLUS... my car is at the shop today, so I'm stuck here again for a 3rd day! And my GF who I go to aquaaerobics with called to say she's sick so isn't going so can't drive me so I don't get to go, either!! Waa. I do love my aqua-sizing! Kids went to school but I'm betting that they close early, which is ridiculous, imho... either open or close but this in & out & having the kids on slick roads is not smart.

Am I crankity?? I didn't think so... but then I re-read what I just typed and me-thinks maybe??

Off to shower & get on w/my day... I'm getting ready to e-bay a bunch of discontinued Mary Kay products if anyone is interested! Have I ever mentioned that I'm a MK lady?? Funny, huh?? But it's true! I'm not one of those pink-crazed ones, though... it's mostly just personal use & family & friends who like the product... it IS a good line... LOVE the skin care... if any of you use it/like it, I always offer 25% off retail...

TTFN!

Good Morning, Violets..

Suzie... our prayers are with you this morning. Let us know houw you're doing asap.

I feel a bit better this morning. Been using the Zicam and I really think that stuff works.

Our roast chicken last night was absolutely the best. It is Perdue roasted chicken cook-in-bag. I even emailed the company last night to tell them how good it was. It was very, very moist and juicy and lots of gravy from the juices. I'm trying to choke down my cottage cheese and blueberries as I'm typing this. I have to be at the church for a flute rehearsal at 9. Then the Bobster wants to show me some Christmas lights at Walmart. He says they are pretty neat.. LED lights. The inside of the house is decorated, but not the outside yet. We're way behind schedule with that because of the snow storm.

Tracy.. hope you get that extra bonus!!

I hope to get my SS gift out by the weekend. It's all wrapped and ready for some stuffing in the box and then I'll take it to UPS. Just have to find the time to do that!!!!

My car is warming up so I better get my poop in a group and get going. Everyone have a great day!!

Patience, Trust, Purple Power, WWJD??!!

Morning V's~

Suzie...you've got something behind you that you may not know...Purple Power! It is magical! You've got sisters pulling for you from all over the country! Keep us posted honey.

I want a Margi too Tracy. I love me some tequilla.

Last night, I had an eye opening experience. I was grading papers and came across a tough one (took me an hour to grade, just too many mistakes). The munchie monster came out. I wasn't even hungry...but I had to eat. I really wanted a ciggy (that is such a deep "jones") and since I didn't smoke...I ate! I think that is a huge factor for me. I quit smoking in late June! The fact that I haven't packed on weight is amazing. I can't believe how bad I wanted a ciggy. Then I thought, "have a glass of wine" ... no...then I thought eat this AND (not or) that...yes!:faint:. It is harder than it looks. Perhaps it is the holidays but I've been wanting one. Terry...how are you doing w/o smoking? Anyone else quit since being banded?

The two meetings went well Kat...the first one w/ the parent was 10 min (left early) and the one w/ the principal was 1 hour.

Yesterday, I went to Wally World and Gottschalks (department store) and hooked my brother up w/ some goodies. His girlfriend moved out and left him 1 pan, mis matched glasses, 1 towel, etc. So I spent tons of money but had a great time. I bought bath stuff (towels, mats), dishes, pots/pans, glasses, plates, 2 sets of sheets and a beautiful comforter (it was $220...and I got it for $99...I love a deal), trash can, etc. It was a blast! He was shocked and loved everything! I said Merry Christmas and now he is off the list! Anyway...what a great feeling...I think they call that retail therapy!

Have a great day everyone! I am supposed to have study group tonight, but will go to dance class if my study buddy cancels!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Morning gals

well, I'm awake and trying to pay my heat bill so I don't get shut off... how frustrating when the site is not working right.

I only lost 1/2 lb yesterday but that is ok, after the 5 i lost monday I feel like I'm getting back on track and I'm going to the Y in 30 mins. I was starving last night after working out, so I'm going to go then go get Breakfast with my gf I'm meeting at the Y. going to get scrambled eggs.< /p>

Pam - what a nice sister you are...

Kat - Judy - I think it is coming this way, my ear hurts and I have a horrible headache, just feel run down.

Michelle - I'm a Mary Kay lady too, same as you, family and friends need something I get it. I just renewed last week so I'm stocked for the year LOL

Terry, TracyK, TracyKS, Laura, Denise... and all the rest... good morning gals.....

has anyone heard from Amanda???

Hi Jennifer... why you so quiet.... what's going on????

:update:, :update:, :update:, :update:

Just got home from working out and decided to call the Doctor's office to find out what time I was needing to come in. and Angela said "Oh Suzanne, we got so busy last night we forgot to call you to tell you the Doctor said everything looks good. He said your heart looks good and that I didn't need to come in today". She did say that it did show a thinning of the wall at the bottom of my heart but that that was probably caused by the isotopes. He recommends that I come in next week for the resting test just so they can rule that out.

Woohoooooooo,

Can't begin to tell you how scared I was. I feel like celebrating.

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You for all the prayers and nice comments. They have meant the world to me.

Everyone have a great day, Ok I need another group hug right now.:)

Suzie

I am so glad and you must have such a sense of relief!!!!!!

giant hugs to you

Good Morning!

Well... I'm off to get the LOVELY Pap and Thyroid bloodwork test today...... YIPPPPPEEEEEEEEEE scraped and poked and repoked and eventual butterfly............ going to get my hair cut while I'm out and going to also buy some color.... maybe I'll go different.......... who know.....

Check later if I can.......

Have a wonderful day!

Congrats on the Good News Suzie!