Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Hellooo Michelle! You sound like I've been feeling. STUPID BAND right? :P

Don't eat crap, DO IT FOR ME nyah nyah :) We will get through this.

I'm still bouncing on my days, woah my restriction is like 100% gone. This must have been where all my resentment and anger came from.. I knew the band was about to be invisible. It is not keeping me from eating large quantities.. only my brain does, and that doesn't work most the time (otherwise I'd not be banded). My fill is Wed. It can't come too soon. Nothing gets 'stuck', I don't get hiccups anymore.. It's like I'm not banded. My sister just brought me some hot apple cider.. MMM. scale was 273lb last night. Red Lobster made me gain 5lbs? :) Guess all that painting and making my body feel like rubber did nothing.

I got my DH an alien that looks like it's coming out of the wall (wall decor for in the computer room)..a telescope.. and a $200 gift card to best buy.

I like Kat's idea better though. Might bring that up for xmas next year.

Ok everyone think happy thoughts, lets get through this day!

"Don't eat crap, DO IT FOR ME nyah nyah " -- you made me snort Water through my nose, Laura!!

It's true!! What goes around, comes around!! I totally deserve the "nyah nyahs!"

Thank you, Laura!! You made me laugh & smile!! Tough one, but you did it!!

Don't give up :P Some days are better than others. This must be that whatever hump everyone hits in their dieting days. Woe is us.. 6 months from now I'm confident we'll all be in a happier place!

I agree with Michelle torture!!

Michelle, I am glad you got in for a fill!! I wish you weren't so hard on yourself!! It is easy for me to say, but Judy was right with what she said about last year this time!!! Plus I am sooo glad to see Terry replying with great advice!!!! It is true what she is saying about being stuck in a routine and change it up! That could be used in all our facets of life!!

TracyKS your picture was great, and I really really mean that. Being an outsider looking in it is just amazing what this last month was and did...Really!!!

Hi Pam and TracyK!!! Haydee and Denise!!! Good luck on your job and stress test Suzanne!!! Hey Kat and both Jennifers!!! Laura when are you getting your fill, I forgot?

Need to do some shopping today, but not real motivated! Have a great day!

Jane

I promise to catch up with everyone's posts from yesterday and today this evening, but I had to share a hard-won victory:

-1 pound!!!

And it only took 3 weeks to get it off. :clap2:

Looks like this will be the way of losing for me, but I finally hit the 160's. Go, me! Go, me! Uh huh! Okay, enough self-promotion.

Just think how much we (and especially I) could have gained pre-lapband in three weeks. Wow!

Cindy, on the run

Wow Cindy, that is so cool!! You are 4 pounds away from MY goal weight, so if for some reason I don't make it, i will just live vicariously through you, OK? :(

Michelle-I missed your meltdown today! I wish i could have been on here kicking you in the pants....am I too late or can I do it now? I agree with Terri! You really need to try something different. When I am at a stand still like that, I add some calories to my "diet" then start over...so far it has worked, try it! I also saw where you were saying (in frustration) that you are just nowgetting to where some of us started....well, speaking from someone that weighed in at around 325 at one point, I know where you are coming from!! You can do this! We are here for you!

Laura & Jenn-that goes for you too!!

Hi all violets! Have a great evening!

hi guys

I survived today, 2 shakes and some taco seasoned turkey burger, 1/2 c 2% cheese for dinner and 3 bottles of Water. no more food for me today.

I didn't get to the gym, something came up, but I did go to Walmart to get my mp3 player so I can have music for the morning. I got a hell of a deal. I got a pink 8gb RCA for $69 + start up kit for $10 to total of $79. I thought that was a great deal, well I just went online to get the link so I can show you all, and it was $96.78 online for the same thing as a special deal. HOLY CRAP I got a great deal! I didn't want to spend so much money but all the ones that I was looking at were tiny and I wanted a screen so I can see what I'm doing. so it is charging now and I'm going to download some music. I'm so happy.

Now if I can get off some of the 10lbs I gained it will be golden.

I would go tonight, but it is freezing rain here on and off all day and it is dark, 30degrees, windy and the roads are getting slippery, so my sweats are in the washer so i can be ready to go in the am.

OH... so I was at walmart today, tried on faded glory size 16 low rise/bootcut.... I HATED THEM! they looked too tight and maybe I'm not use to wearing them, but yuck. How depressing... still a strong 16... Tracyks= how do you do it girl? I couldn't even think of a size 12 and you only have 10lb on me.... I am very impressed!!!! (at you... not me)

here hanging playing with some music

OMG. My feet are killing me. Started my new job today and all went really well. I woked out for a half an hour and than stood at the desk doing computer work. Stood there for 4 hours. But it kinda felt good. I think I was on a high from just being there and learning something new. When I got home the first thing I did was take some aleve. I think I'm really gonna love my job.

Went to get a fill today. You should have seen the smile on Dr. Malley's face when he looked at my 12lb weight loss. I was ecstatic. He even agreed to give me a little more of a fill. I don't see him again till the first of February so it has to last.

All in all I have had an outstanding day. Now I'm not allowed to have any caffeine till tomorrows procedure. That means NO chocolate. Yikes. Then nothing to eat or drink after 7am. That's gonna be hard. I'll miss my Water. I asked if I could sip and they said nope, nothing. I'm feeling good about tomorrow and praying that all turns out well.

Hope everyone had a good day and I'll check in tomorrow night after we get home.

Pam- 3 mornings a week my sister and I drag our butts out of bed at 5:30am and go to the Y. It's about a mile from our house. We swim in the in-door pool that is heated to 89 degrees. It is a walk in and it's right next to the larger pool that they use for swim meets and diving. I haven't been in it as it's a lot cooler it there. After, we get in the showers and rinse off and then get dressed to go home. By that time the guys are out of bed and starting their work out. The do the eliptical and than weights. I usually walk out wearing damp clothes and my slippers. I than change clothes and go to Curves to work out and back home to shower and Shampoo. That's 3 times a week that we do that. By Friday I'm pooped. But I'm dedicated.

Why in the world would I want an mp3 with a BMI calculator on it. I would only end up throwing it on the ground. :heh:

8-10 inches of snow?!? Judy, please send another photo of the snow in your backyard. Here by the coast in South Carolina, it’s a once-in-a-lifetime occurrence to have that much. Regarding the burst Water pipe @ your church, isn’t there a hymn “A Rivers Runs Through It?” Glad your son Joe got the work though.

Laura, the Half Moon Bay blue is lovely. And Apollo is the perfect Christmas ornament, I’ll sure he’d say! Michelle and Laura (and others!), aren’t pets just the funniest thing with Christmas decorations? My dachshunds (three, and only one of them is sorta slow; the other two are confirmed slow) always have to bark at the Christmas tree the first time they see it each year.

Laura, Pamela, and Jennifer, you all are making me itchy to have my bedrooms painted something other than off white. And Jennifer, good for you for starting the Protein Shakes today. I love your reasoning about starting shakes on a day off from work. And totally agree with your comments about low-rise jeans. Just what I need is something to give me muffin-top below my waist—NOT!

TracyKS—you look great in your new photos! And your smile simply glows!!! Crying and stress eating—thanks for pointing that out! Note to self: listen to Tracy.

Suzie, Congratulations on your 25th Anniversary! Your stress test shouldn’t stress you out as others have pointed out. I think the only stress may be paying for it if you don’t have good insurance. You are in my prayers. Also, what’s your new job? And how did today go?

Bill and I were both married (Bill-1.5 years, me 3 years) before our marriage to one another, and we will Celebrate our 28th anniversary in January. Isn’t it such a joy to share your life with your soul mate? I wish this for each and every one of you.

Kat, glad you’re getting a fun trip to Albuquerque, and not having to take your dad for doctor’s visits this time around.

((Michelle, another purple power hug for you)) Okay, you get that hug, but then it’s the kick-in-the-seat to follow the bandster rules, which include following the rules, but it’s okay to whine about them. We’re here to listen and love. Cause we’re all right there with you depending on the time of day. And my very first Violets’ boobie-nanner—what a great gift for someone who loves to listen to her head hunger.

My posts always end up being so long, but as a newbie, I want to acknowledge your posts and belatedly recognize your help over the past six months to this lurker, now VIOLET!

Let me end my post with a photo of my church’s float in the Moncks Corner (where I live) Christmas parade. This is the first time the handbell choir has been in the parade, and we had a BLAST. I’m the second woman from the right with my back to the camera and the only one ringing in this shot so obviously, I was off count (again!). Time to go await the Pasadena call with our invitation to the Rose Bowl Parade.

Blessings to all and best wishes for a CTC Violet Tuesday,

Cindy

post-219477-13813135968886_thumb.jpg

Pamela

OMG i just almost fell off my chair, that was so funny...

i am guessing today was eat the crap day?