Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

:clap2: Well...I AM BANDED!!!! Surgery went very smoothly. I was up shortly after surgery but I did spend the night at the hospital, which I was grateful for. I have been home since 10 this morning and have been walking and resting. The only pain I have is from the port incision, which I guess is pretty common. I also have this feeling like I need to burp, but can't. Has anyone else felt this way? The other thing I liked about the hospital: sugar free banana popsicles!! YUMMY!

WHOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO your home! Your Banded! You got sf bananna popsicles! :)

Get some rest and post the details when you feel up to it!

Wow,

Hi everyone! I am home from the hospital...thank God! Had surgery Tuesday at 7:30 am...in my room at noon...and am so glad to be home now. I must say, if someone would have said how much it hurt, I might have reconsidered. I am glad it is over, but the pain is incredible. I will be hitting up the pain med as soon as I post. The surgery went well, the docs gave me a thumbs up. Just hated the hospital, the IV's, the push thing on my walks...yuck yuck yuck! I am officially in BANDLAND! Came home and had 3 oz of creamy Soup, yummy. I was ready for something different after 10 days of liquid, 2 days of broth, and yesterday and today! Anyway, good luck to everyone, and I hope all my band siblings are doing well. April 3 has come and gone!

peaceout

HEY PAM, did you get your extra room painted??? LOL seriously though.. take a dose of pain meds, go walking to relieve the gas, and get some rest! Glad to have you back among us!

I'm finally home. Can't keep my eyes open & going to bed. Harder than I thought it would be, but tomorrow will be better.

HEY WOMAN I've been thinking about you all day!

Welcome home, now go get some rest!

Hey there...I just stumbled across this thread and thought I should post...

My husband and I are both going to be banded on April 12th by Dr. RUmbaut in Monterrey, Mexico. We are self-paying because insurance won't cover it...WLS exclusion...and he works for the insurance company...go figure!!!!

I started the pre-op diet Monday :faint: - and if you read any of my posts from other threads, you can see how truly miserable and whiny I have become over the last few days!!!!

My hubby starts his preop diet tomorrow because his BMI is lower than mine...

Thanks for starting the thread!! I love being able to keep up with others who are "in the same boat"!!!

WElcome!!!!!!! I'm getting ready to sign off for the night and get to bed, but I will add you guys to the main list tomorrow!

WElcome!!!!!!! I'm getting ready to sign off for the night and get to bed, but I will add you guys to the main list tomorrow!

My hubby's name is Ross...he hasn't set up his own user name yet...he browses with me...

sleep well!

:notagree

Grats on you new bandsters!!

Pam, I have to say.. a year from today I wonder if someone said.. would you go through this pain again to be where you get to? what you would say! :)

Hi:

I'm going in tomorrow for my band and would love to get on the list. At 285 and gunning for 199.

Wish me luck!

Cred

Hi, I have been perusing this site for a couple of weeks now and just discovered this thread. I am scheduled for surgery on 4/20. It's great to have others like yourselves as a great support group. The best to those newly banded!

GOOD LUCK AND HEALTH TO ALL BEFORE, DURING, AND AFTER!!

I was banded on 4-2-07, so I'm post op, and feeling great. I went to Wal-mart today, and then to Lowes (I just ordered a new washer and dryer). I was doing light house work on day one, and two ...that's when the old washer died. I have not had some of the issues I've seen posted here(I did need a half dose of Milk of Magn.) All is right in that aspect now.

DETAILS DETAILS... please when you are able we want all the goods!

SaraMos--- what's up with the liver? Did you have a pre-op diet to shrink the liver? Did your doc. convert to open surgery? Are you having extra complications? Please fill me in, when you are able.

I hope the "pain" I'm hearing about is tolerable. I sure don't want to hear any of us suffering! My thoughts and prayers are going out to all this month!! How is everyone sleeping? I am already able to sleep on my tummy.... this is the only way I have ever been able to sleep well.

SAFETY:My doc says-- no metal jewelry, because the "patient" is literally electrically grounded, because of the equipment used during the procedure. And if a shock did occur, then there can be burns, where the metal is, and the electrical current would not travel properly to "the ground". We do not want our.... pierced areas burned for sure!!

And Tracy-- I too have the dreddid... dragon breath... I'm keeping good company with tooth brush and tounge scrapper!!

Ok The prayers and good thoughts paid off! I saw the cardiologist today and I am fine! Good to go, surgery is all set for tomorrow. Thanks for keeping me in mind! Good luck to all of us 4/5 bandsters, will write more on Friday!
I am SO very glad to hear that!!!! Sometimes those tests are just not reliable, or we don't realize how 'overly precautious' they are when the slightest little blip shows up.

yes, I'm posting this in the middle of my 1st post-op night. I slept a bajillion hours yesterday and so now I'm not all that tired. I am, however, loaded with hydrocodone so not sure how coherent this post will be!

I was banded at about noon yesterday and got home at 9:00p. I'm not sure why I was in there so long except that I couldn't stay awake, nor could I pee -- I feel quite sure both of those things are required before they let you out! LOL

I woke up from surgery feeling like I'd been in a major car wreck and my stomach felt like it had sure taken a beating. But they very soon gave me morphine (I think) and I went off into lala land. I honestly don't remember much (this is GOOD) and after I got home I posted, like a good LBT'er should, and went to bed for real FINALLY! I'm able to sleep on my right side and on my back, but nothing else. My low-profile port is placed in the upper center rather than on the side. I still haven't eaten anything except Water and popcicles.

I'm sure this is way TMI, but I was thinking about all of you yesterday!

Now I'm off to see if there's any sign of Sara Mos....

Dear All,

Sorry Ive not posted properly. Today is the first day (4 days post op) I'm actually breathing normally again, and the way you described the op Terri (i.e like you'd been in a major car wreck I can so relate too). Had anyone actualy really expained what to expect, Im not sure I would have gone through with this, my family god love them have been watching over me since Monday.

Ok this is what happened to me:

Monday: left home at 8am. Got to the Hsp at 10.15, pre op tests (ECG, BTs, BP, etc done) admitted to ward. Beautiful room with gorgeous views, family went off into the city, and came back at 1pm with flowers cards etc, bless them. Consultant came in and chatted a bit, signed consent form etc. Met consultant anethatist, pretty wacky bloke in a red shirt, yellow jumper and very zaney from what I can recal? Given some tablets to take pre meds: at 1.45 walked into the anasthic room with a chatty sweet nurse, I was so nervous, I held her hand and asked to stay with me till I went under.

Next thing I know I woke up in recovery, Id actually wet myself, as they were trying to get my paper knickers off, I was so embarrased, and so in pain, then I passed out again and got back to my room where my family were at at 5.45pm, they were understandably worried. The consultant told them, Id had some complications with my liver (it is big and fatty- & no I didnt do a stricy pre op diet as I wasnt told too). But the surgery had been successful apart from that. Well I driffeted in and out of sleep, boy was I in pain!! I stayed in over night, in the end I managed to get up and sit and float in and out of sleep in my chair. My breathing was bad (I am a smoker - down to 10 a day...none now I might add!!!!!!)

Tuesday: Came home today at lunch time really difficult to get in the car, Ive never seen my hubby drive so slowely! Unable to talk much as so breathless: still have my TED stockings on (venous support). Driffeted in and out of sleep all day, dont remember much....

Wednesday: loads of people called n sent flowers, couldnt talk to them as still breathless, pain in my tummy is not as bad, tummy still extended with gas. Blimey...I am beging to walk a little more. Just on Water and sips of tea feel a bit weak, but gradually getting better. Taking Zoton (PPI - for acid) and paracetamol liquid which tastes disgusting orange sickly flavour.

Thursday:OMG I can breath properly again!!!!!!!!! ALLELUJAH, and I managed to get out of bed myself ok, and talk again!!!!! My tummy isnt so bad (re pain wise) I can still feel it pull, but its nothing like it was...Im on the mend :)

I had a small glass of babanana slim fast (only managed about 70mls then felt full) so Im gonna try and build up my strenght a bit. I'm so pleased its over, now and Im feeling a lot better.

Love Sara xxxxxx

((((SARA))))))!!!! Poor baby! It does sound like you had a much harder time than me...I won't complain anymore! I'm 17 hours post op and feeling pretty gosh-darn human. (Do they say "gosh-darn" in England?) I'm glad you're feeling much better now. Thank God!

Hi Terri :)

Thanks hon, I feel a lot better, gonna try and walk around the garden today. Tell ya, I feel sorry for elderly folks, sitting around in chairs and beds all day can give you bed sores, my backside even was aching after day 3 of sitting on it all that time, lol!!

LOL, yep they do say 'Gosh darn it' over here, I'm so pleased your ok Terri after your op, I hope everyone else is, I havent read all of the posts on here yet.

Look after yourself,

Sara x

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL NEWLY BANDED APRIL BANDITS

:clap2: :D :clap2: :) :) :cheer2:

and good luck to all the ones who are getting banded soon!!! You all are going to wonderfully!!!