Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

I don't mind cleansing the bowels first, I just didn't want to do it on my car ride there.. On some other thread someone said they didn't have to do it and they had diarhea during surgery.. I would much rather have it before I go there!!

If your doctor didn't tell you about it, just ask.. It was in my paperwork of pre-op diet.

I've decided to take off all of my jewelry, thanks. Fingers crossed there will be no shocking on my body though!

Ok The prayers and good thoughts paid off! I saw the cardiologist today and I am fine! Good to go, surgery is all set for tomorrow. Thanks for keeping me in mind! Good luck to all of us 4/5 bandsters, will write more on Friday!

SOOOOOOOOOO glad to hear that gr8ful gal!!!!

Bandland HERE YOU COME!!!!!!!!

Dave: Be sure to post when you can!!!!

I'm back:biggrin1: I feel good, hurting a little bit, but not that bad. I got there at 7:00am, in surgery at 9:00, bacl to life at 10:15, on my feet at 10:45, at home at 12:30, posting here at 5:51 pm. Good luck for those haveing surgery tomorrow, my prayers for you.

Good luck guys!

Make sure you log in and tell us how it goes :)

I am a soon fellow bandster!!! I get mine on the 16th. I also am getting mine:) in Michigan, Flint at Hurley. You and I are a couple of those over 50, so we have some in common. I will love to hear how your surgery goes. Anyone before mine is a comfort!

:clap2: Well...I AM BANDED!!!! Surgery went very smoothly. I was up shortly after surgery but I did spend the night at the hospital, which I was grateful for. I have been home since 10 this morning and have been walking and resting. The only pain I have is from the port incision, which I guess is pretty common. I also have this feeling like I need to burp, but can't. Has anyone else felt this way? The other thing I liked about the hospital: sugar free banana popsicles!! YUMMY!

Gr8ful Gal,

SO good to hear that you are okay.....that must of been scarey...Best wishes for tomorrow...

I am a soon fellow bandster!!! I get mine on the 16th. I also am getting mine:) in Michigan, Flint at Hurley. You and I are a couple of those over 50, so we have some in common. I will love to hear how your surgery goes. Anyone before mine is a comfort!

Margi...From a fellow over 50, Michiganian, soon to be banded... HI!!! We're driving to Port Huron from Alpena. It's a 4 hour drive, but worth it, I'm sure. I went to Hurley for a bariatric consult years ago. We were given pills and of course they worked for awhile, then I got a reaction and we had to stop and all the weight came back. We had a run in with a doctor at Hurley. He isn't there anymore. That's why we chose Port Huron.. that and it's a Center of Excellence. I sure will let you know how everything goes. Just 6 more days until it's done and I can get on with a new life!!!

I'm back:biggrin1: I feel good, hurting a little bit, but not that bad. I got there at 7:00am, in surgery at 9:00, bacl to life at 10:15, on my feet at 10:45, at home at 12:30, posting here at 5:51 pm. Good luck for those haveing surgery tomorrow, my prayers for you.

WOW.. that is one fast in and out surgery!!! Glad to hear you're doing well and hope everyone's goes as smoothly as yours seemed to!!

Wow,

Hi everyone! I am home from the hospital...thank God! Had surgery Tuesday at 7:30 am...in my room at noon...and am so glad to be home now. I must say, if someone would have said how much it hurt, I might have reconsidered. I am glad it is over, but the pain is incredible. I will be hitting up the pain med as soon as I post. The surgery went well, the docs gave me a thumbs up. Just hated the hospital, the IV's, the push thing on my walks...yuck yuck yuck! I am officially in BANDLAND! Came home and had 3 oz of creamy Soup, yummy. I was ready for something different after 10 days of liquid, 2 days of broth, and yesterday and today! Anyway, good luck to everyone, and I hope all my band siblings are doing well. April 3 has come and gone!

peaceout

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE IN BANDLAND BABY!!! Let the farting begin!!!!!!!!:)

I made a good Protein Shake this morning, I had a chocolate Protein shake and yesterday I froze some coffee (black) in ice cube trays and threw them in and blended!

YUM!!!

That sounds so good!!!! and you inspired me to shake up my protein shake tonight at home....... I added about a 1 T of SF bananna pudding mix to my LC slimfast (Vanilla) in the blender with ice........ it was aCTUALLY DELISH!!!!!!!!

I'm finally home. Can't keep my eyes open & going to bed. Harder than I thought it would be, but tomorrow will be better.