Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Wow

so much going on... so much excitement and powerful energy

hugs to you all - I'm just so impressed you are all on and home and doing so well!

Welcome House Huntress!!!!!!!!!! I will get you added to the main list on Page 1 of this thread!

Jump in and post often...... :o

Just keeping up to date with everyone! I FINALLY finished my last test yesterday!!! Now I just wait till the 26th!!! Oh Boy oh Boy

You guys, I went into a COMA Yesterday. I don't know what happened. Normally, I'm such a light sleeper, the clock ticking can wake me up. I work days, fiance works nights... I got off work early to pick my mom's dog up from the vet and drop it off, and I had plans to go to her house with my granny to watch movies (my granny's partner of 30 years died last weekend and she's having a rough time, so we're trying to keep her busy). I was exhausted some reason. Decided I would nap on my couch until my mom called, so I had the phone and my cell phone RIGHT BY MY HEAD. 30 minutes later, mom calls and said we cancelled, granny had been doing gardening and was tired. So.. I go back to sleep, phones still by my head. We had tornados yesterday.. I remember waking up once, when fiance got home and kissed my forehead.. then I woke up again I don't know when and I was in bed, and tv was on weather, and I saw red and heard the sirens.. and I kept squinting, didn't have my glasses. So I was going "Where could my glasses be... how did I get to bed..I should get up and check the weather.." and then I passed out again. Woke up at 9am (alarm wasn't set!!) and glasses were on my face??? It was SO bizarre, I can only think this is due to the diet I'm on.. I've never done this before.. was like I was on a handful of sleeping pills and alcohol. This morning my cell phone had 20 missed calls from my mom, and I still felt very drowsy. I talk to her this morning and she is furious. She said she was so worried about me, we had tornado warnings and I wasn't answering my phone.. if I was awake I would have probably gone to her house. Told her I don't know what happened and I had the phones by my head, and she still was mad lol. She said she called my fiance at work and he was non-chalant and said I was probably asleep. Hopefully this doesn't happen again...

On another note, so we have to be completely nekki? Eek... I have nipple piercings I have been wondering about. I figured I should take them out before I go to have the banding done.. I didn't mention them to the doctor, but I've had doctors ask me to take them out for x-rays before, so figured during surgery they would probably rather I didn't have them? Anyone know? I've had them for years so they shouldn't grow back in just a day or two, but who knows..I'd definitely rather keep them in.

I made a good Protein Shake this morning, I had a chocolate Protein shake and yesterday I froze some coffee (black) in ice cube trays and threw them in and blended!

YUM!!!

that actually sounds fantastic

LauraJ...nipple rings......how kinky!!!! :o LOL

I'M SORRY

I COULDN'T RESIST THE BONKING BANANA'S!!!

LMAO when I saw them

I'm a durty bird!! :D:p

LAURAJ...I had surgery & Had a new piercing in top of my ear (not kinky!) and I said I dont wanna irritate it by taking it out & they were fine with that but covered it with blue band aid... So ask before you take them out....

I'm signing off now for a couple of days...I'm off to Florida for a week...so LOTS of fun with the pre op while I'm there...

I'll check in with you all when I arrive & get my blender set up...xxx

Good luck to all you Thursday & Friday Banding Babes...XXX

:girl_hug: :girl_hug: Lunasa :eek: :D

LOL. It's not *that* kinky..

Good luck with your pre-op and have fun in florida!

I did talk to my nurse yesterday about taking the magensium and having to drive 3 hours that day. The paper said take it as close to 1pm as possible, but she said plan to be in town by 6pm and checked into the hotel, then I can take the magnesium and I guess live in the hotel LOL.

Lauraj

sorry I missed that part... we actually had a body piercing conversation last week i think...

so here is the deal, they do want them to come out so you can take them out the day of or if your are worried about them closing up you can get retainers and put them in. I have them too. I had mine changed out with sergical stainless steel and might be able to leave them in - no cheap jewelery! something to do with shocks, swelling, and other issues.

LOL

good luck with that

Anyone think its weird that my doc didnt tell me to "empty out" before my surgery???? Ive read sooooooooooo many threads and they talk a lot about that!!

i only have to do 1 full day of liquid diet, nothing heavy and that was it, not the extreme as many others.

I would call and find out just in case.

Today I have major hunger pains, so I ate a HB egg...... (the BANDSTER way) :D

Nothing to drink

Small Bites

Chew, Chew, Chew (aiming for 30 times)

IT IS HARD!!!!!!!!! Swallowing the egg (paste) was an exercise all on its own LOL

It really made me realize how FAST and Urgently I eat.....:o

Not all Dr.s require a bowel cleanse. Mine didn't, and it wasn't an issue. You will begin hearing about the "liquid in = liquid out". With your pre op diet, or with the post op, when you begin taking in nothing but clear liquids...it usually leads to diarrhea. fun fun fun!!! I might suggest that you buy some TUCKS---or the Walmart Equate equivalent. They sure help with the soreness related to non stop diarrhea. Some Dr.'s feel that if there is a problem in surgery, or to prevent some problems, they want your intestinal tract as clean as possible. There is nothing concrete as to whether it helps in this case or not. You should not have Constipation problems---due to the liquid diet post surgery.

The jewelry---they made me take even my wedding band off. They told me if in the event they would have to shock me, it would burn where the metal was. Or something to that effect, I was already "drinking my first margarita"...when I thought to ask, and forming words was already something I really had to think about!!! Seriously, they had given me something in my IV to prepare me to go to the ER, when they ask me again about jewelry so I ask---and that is what I remember them saying!

Well I have a house full of grandbabies---be back later, if I survive!!!

Kat