Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Hi April Crew!!

Sounds as if you are all doing well!!! Some of you have come on over to bandland, and the rest of you are standing at the fence looking in---you'll be here soon!!!

Enjoy your evening all!!!

Kat

Thanks for the encouragement. The jury is still out on my DH. We land problems loooong before this. As long as he keeps paying the mortgage I'm not worried. I have very supportive friends and my band buddies both on-line and in group. :D

YOUR DAY HAS COME! LET THE LOSING BEGIN!

:clap2: :happybday: (Thats Band Birthday!)

TerriDoodle - 04/04

TexasP - 04/04

SkinnySomeday -04/04

Wannabethin - 04/04

ShineOn - 04/04

LJWILGeNHOF - 04/04

Wishing you all well!!!:clap2:

((((Gr8ful Gal))))) Please, please let us know what happens with your visit to the cardiologist. Try not to worry until they tell you it's time to worry. If there is a problem at least you are finding out about it now and that's the important thing. Take care of yourself.

I'm off to bed too....but first I'm taking ShineOn's suggestion and getting a warm bubble bath! G'night!

I want to say goodnight to all my banding sisters and brothers. You are all in my thoughts tomorrow and every day.

I have had a crazy few days so spend most of the time on here getting caught up. Everyone is so wonderful and I love seeing that you are all getting home the same day and doing well!

Ok the panties thing... cracking me up! I never thought about it. and thank goodness I won't have to worry about the other thing... but i do have to worry about how i'm going to get my body jewelry out, which is almost as bad - LOL

Speaking of panties!!! I can't wait until I can shop at Victoria Secret!!! It will be the first time for me.

Last post before going to sleep. Tracy thank for starting this awsome thread and for all the support from everyone. It really helps a lot. I'll be gettin up at 5:00 am, I have to be there before 7:00am. I have everything ready for tomorrow, keep me in your prayers. Goodnight and sweet dreams.:notagree

I can NOT wait til its my turn... even though I will have to give up caffienated coffee for a month! (THE HORROR)

WHY NO COFFEE? THEY DIDN'T TELL ME THAT!!!

Gr8tful gal---Hang in there--extra special thoughts and prayers for you tonight!!

Good luck to everyone having surgery tommorrow!!

Jane

I thought Id do a quick post to say Im back. I was in theater for over 3.5 hrs, Im VERY sore, my liver was big and caused complicatuions, but was successful in the end.

I sure hope you ALL have someone to look after you all at home folks, Oooo I cant wait to feel normal again and have no pain. :D

Sara x

I'm so glad to hear everyone is doing so well.

I want to wish you all the best of luck today.

I have been so crazy and kind of going through withdrawl here. LOL I have 6 test today and still have to clean, pack and get ready to leave tomorrow.

I'll be on shortly

Terry - you will be fine, you are wonderful... don't read bad anymore...LOL

WOW, im so glad that I joined this site. All of your support and information has been so important! My prayers are with all of you for your surgeries and success afterwards, plllleeeease keep me in yours!!! :amen: :angel:

I hadnt heard anything about starting a low fat diet because of my liver being in the way....guess I better start now :o

Gr8ful gal - GOOD LUCK to you and stay strong!!!!! I'm sure your band doc will review everything and the extra EKG's and cardio appt are just super double checking everything - they want you healthy and it seems to me that they have to go overboard with all the tests for insurance or something. You are in my thoughts and prayers! You will be in band-land very soon!!!!!

4/4/07 Bandsters - GOOD LUCK to all of you being banded today!!!! I hope to hear from you when you are home and settled!!!! You are also in my thoughts and prayers today!!!!! :o

My day is tomorrow 4/5/07! Not exactly sure what time thought - the dr said be there by 11am and surgery time is 1pm, but at the hosp pre-op yesterday they said they would call me today with the time because they were finalizing their schedule..............I just hope it's not later than 1pm! I can't EAT ALL DAY!!!!!! I know I will need to get used to it, but with not being banded yet, it will be harder - especially when surgery time is around lunch time! UGH! DH is awesome though - he said he would sneak Breakfast for himself and our youngest 2 kids (ages 4 1/2 and 2) while I take our 6 yr old daughter to school. Then he'll wait until I'm in surgery to have lunch. He said he would starve himself just because I couldn't eat either - although that's sweet and supportive, having him not eat isn't a good thing - I will need him to help me after surgery and I don't want him to be grumpy and have a headache with not eating! LOL!

So what's everyone having for their dinner before surgery? I'm thinking Carrabus then dessert if I can manage it!! Who wants to COOK the night before?! GACK! Tonight is my dinner before surgery. Any suggestions would be awesome!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL - all in surgery, all recovering, all doing pre-op diets, and to all of your support people - they are our strength right now. Have a happy day!

Bandedme (4/5/07)

262/251/150

I thought Id do a quick post to say Im back. I was in theater for over 3.5 hrs, Im VERY sore, my liver was big and caused complicatuions, but was successful in the end.

I sure hope you ALL have someone to look after you all at home folks, Oooo I cant wait to feel normal again and have no pain. :o

Sara x

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO Sara!!!!! Glad to have you back, walk walk walk, and sip sip sip! I can't wait to join you in band land!:D

JanieBug: the caffiene issue: Caffiene is said to cause gut motility and increase appetite.. I'll go grab that link and you can read it for yourself... I've read the entire document two nights in a row. It is a bit more stringent than even my own personal doc, but it does explain a lot.

http://www.lsaobesity.com/Lap-BandDietGuide.htm

TerriDoodle - 04/04

TexasP - 04/04

SkinnySomeday -04/04

Wannabethin - 04/04

ShineOn - 04/04

LJWILGeNHOF - 04/04

It will be amazing... keep us updated.

Pat

Hello everybody...

Oh my God this thread is moving along fast! It takes me ages to catch up every time I sign on!

Firstly KAT817... great post about husband & communications And thank you for your words of encouragement!

I agree, the poor husbands feel like they're walking on eggshells & spend most of their time quietly trying to figure out how to best support us.

I know how my fella is anyway... I think he doesn't be tuned in to me at all sometimes & when I pull him up on it he reveals his own depth & just how well he knows me & how he is constantly trying to tune in to me... as he says I am extremely unpredictable...and he's right, I am!

It's sad really, I always feel bad then... he says there are times when I'm "unbalanced" (my word not his) that he doesn't know what he's coming home to! He's so stable & keeps me so grounded that I wish I could do the same for him! That is one of my reasons for wanting to get this surgery done, I want to unburden my self from all my mood swings & self absorbed issues so I can contribute more to US, to me & start looking to a future where we can start a family. I don't want to do that right now because I don't want to pass on my insecurities to my children. I want this self esteem issue to end with me & to be strong enough & happy enough to raise a confident child!

I am finding out things about myself I never knew as I was always able to STUFF it out with food...

Everyone in my life thinks of me as the strong one, the one who'd say anything & sort everything out..a straight shooter..

Turns out I think I'm an anxious person.. I'm a big scaredy cat!

I only realise this as I am not STUFFING at the moment & am having to deal with fleeting moments & thoughts I normally wouldn't allow myself to have...

:o I think I'm going to like the new me!! :D

I can't wait...

Sara Mos... Good to hear from you! Congratulations...

Terridoodle...My Thoughts are with you as you are being banded & can't wait to hear from you... you're my kinda sista!...

I love your sense of humour ...you're gonna be fab!!

Everyone else... for those of you..

going in :eek:

coming out :bandit

starving :hungry:

loosing :D .

Love to you all :girl_hug: :girl_hug: :kiss2: :kiss2:

Lunasa

Tons of prayers headed to the people getting banded today. We're all anxious and envious at the same time. Safe surgery, speedy recovery and enjoy the new you!!!

Oh and don't forget to post when you can. We're all waiting to hear!!! That's the fun part of this board. COMMUNICATION!!!! & SUPPORT!!!!

Just found this thread. I'll be banded on Monday April 9th!

I'm at work and can't read everything here yet but Kuddo's to those that have been banded and those coming into the band.

Good Vibes{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{ for a safe and uneventful surgery to those being banded today and the weeks to come.