Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Pamela, congrats on the loss!!!! Isn't this such a wonderful feeling? It may take us a little while to hit each milestone, but each moment is worth the wait!!! Congrats! You're looking fantastic!!!

Hi Girls~ I haven't really posted on here since Kat introduced me...I do read (lurk!)when I have a chance, but damn,ladies, it would take me hours to completely catch up!!! Great bunch, here! I am actually prompted tonight to write to :

TRACY

I was reading with interest what you are experiencing with your dss...My thoughts went where Terri's went also. My 16 yr. old son also has bipolar disorder. He was treated, after many docs, at the age of 8. His was early onset, fierce and young. What caught my attention is how smart you describe your dss, in addition to the TROUBLE! I would also agree with getting a Psychiatrist on board. It is not easy, teens are often non complient, docs are sometimes arrogent and misguided, etc. BUT, you could start reading about "mood disorders", and hey, for grins and giggles, read about adolescents and bipolar. The best book, that covers kids in general, is The Bipolar Child by Dimitri and Janice Papalos...superb. At least if you started to sort out the puzzle, you can be an incredible advocate for him. My son is brilliant (right now at a speech competition out of town), honor roll, all that stuff. Because he is so smart,he can have verbal responses that leave me speechless...we have our "disagreements", but are close, and he is incredible. Wow, I could go on forever, our journey has been intense and thorough. If ya ever want to chat, PM me.

I will say, that I have one disagreement with Terri (am I allowed to disagree being an honorary Violet??). I have never heard of, or researched, that someone with bipolar disorder should ever consider or be told they can some day go off of meds....the death rate is HIGHER (suicide) than if our kids had leukemia. Meds may be tweaked, or a female who is pregnant may temporarily go off of meds with doc supervision.... Danielle Steele (the prolific novelist) wrote a book called "His Bright Light". I won't say much about it...but a great reality check. My son knows that his meds are for LIFE...and that if he had diabetes, it would be the same story...I can only hope and pray that as an adult, he will continually respect his the bipolar giant...one that gives him his brilliance, but also lurks to share its madness.

I applaud Terri for bringing up the potential psychiatric aspect . Could not be the issue, but if so, you don't want to miss it..it's too costly!

So, there were other congrats, hellos, etc I was going to say...but bipolar is such a part of our story, my sharing heart took over!

Good morning violets...just wanted to say hello before I get busy and start paying bills. UGH!!

Have a great day and I will check back later...

hi guys... it is quiet today..

hope you are all having a great day!

off to get ready for work

I've just returned home from my local support meeting... MAN I HAVE A BIG MOUTH! Several in the group.. said "YOU ARE TRACYinks???????" LOL........... yes people I have a BIG MOUTH both in real life AND online!

I love my band.. it is no secret... One of the ladies Marcia, and I have tentative plans for lunch. and I met a really nice lady that goes by LapHappy... both were just banded a couple weeks ago.......

Oh and NSV........ I wore my size 12's AND I COULD BREATHE! :)

ohhhhhhhhhhhh 209 lbs today! 3 weeks and finally saw 209... 199 HERE I COME!!!!!!!!!!!

As to the DSS.............. I was already told to put the EAP on the back burner by DH, until DSS moves here.......He doesn't want to overload exwife, because she is a basket case as it is.. and I can completely understand....... its her son.....her first born.....

DSS is so dam smart......... but is not considered gifted .... he is failing ADVISEMENT (teacher fault so he says) LAZY is what I say........ I mean the boy DOES his homework, and then doesn't turn it in! If he gets kicked out again it will be for 180 days.......... His mom doesn't want him going back to the school so that means he could very well be moving as early as next weekend! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

His room in our home is very small........ I converted my office for him 3 years ago, so that he COULD have his own space in my home..... we went to NE furnature mart last night and looked at Loft beds for him............ (LIKE I NEED ANOTHER BILL! :) ) but we found one that is a full size bed pretty tall and can hold 300lbs........ the entire underside of it is a really cool desk.. it would fit into his room and .. and would double his space!.. ok dh is in here wanting to leave..... wish me luck

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::banana:banana:banana:banana:banana:Banane10::Banane10::Banane10::P:Banane20::P:Banane20::smokin::Banane20::cool::Banane20::Banane20::Banane20::Banane20::Banane20::Banane20::Banane20::Banane25::Banane25::Banane25::Banane25:

way to go tracy!!!!!!!!woooooohooooooo!!!!!!

Wow, so quiet!!!

Tracy is that a new skinny picture?

TracyKS WAY TO GO!!!!

Gina the book will be on its way Tuesday when the post office opens back up!

Jane

Wow, so quiet!!!

Tracy is that a new skinny picture?

Hi Janie-yes, I took a new one today. I actulaay took a bunch and they all stunk...but that was the lesser of all the evils. lol

Good evening violets...sure was quiet on the violet front today! I went to Barnes & Noble today. I could stay there for hours!!

Everyone have a good night!:notagree

Good morning violets-

I went ahead and changed my ticket. Here is the thought behind it...maybe if I went ahead and changed it, it would drop into 18something. Kinda like lighting a cigarette as soon as you order at a restaraunt and the food shows up right after you light it....never fails. So I figured it might work changing the ticker too. LOL

Everyone have a great Sunday!

GOOD MORNING, VIOLETS!!!

We got in at midnight and I'm up and dressed and ready for church. Just finished reading all the posts.. I'll write more when I get back from church. The cruise was AWESOME!!!

TTFN!

morning gals

Judy..so glad you are back

I am up, had the strangest dream this mroning that woke me up. First, my step sister was at my house painting my bathroom a peach/pink color, when I told herI hated that color and wanted it toast, then I was in my car with ds, and was going to scope out a bathroom remodel job by dbf's ex wifes house, and her wacked out kid had her grandson on a crane swinging him way up in the air, next thing I knew I was in the city in my car and there was an earthquake, ds climbed into the front seat with me just as a building was falling, I backed up and drove inbetween zig zag wacky electricl currents from the power lines that fell and I woke up. It freaked me out. I wish I had my dream book, but I let someone borrow it.

Anyway, up drinking coffee. stayed under 1000 cals yesterday, and going to do about that today and tomorrow and go back to shakes on Tuesday for the rest of the week. I will be at my mini goal by thanksgiving, if not onderland. (ok i'm dreaming if I think I can lose 8lbs in 2 weeks. LOL

Tracy.. LOVE the new pic!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Judy: WELCOME BACK!

OK... so we spent 3 HOURS sitting accross from the exwife and new hubby............. and then ended up giving exwife a ride back to the house so that we could have a family discussion with Cody (oldest dss) and middle dss............. ARE WE PROGRESSIVE OR WHAT???????????????? LOL stepdad is a truck driver and had to drop a load of fuel.......

(LONG POST feel free to skip) Outcome: Cody wants to come live with us. There were tears from exwife and Cody, but he held firm...... (I had made a book of the two scout troops he could join locally and full print out of the school website) She is worried about the school size.. but the fact is......

Cody has NO friends, not in school, not in scouts, not in the neighborhood......... he sits with the zoned out glue sniffer at lunch. He is not going back to the school... so he is moving here TOMORROW...... we are going to Nebraska FM shortly to get him the study loft bed.......

OK.. short version of what happened........... he called one of the "popular" kids a stupid fag.......... kicked out for sexual harrasment. Then he got into it with a female classmate, who just so happens to have been his moms rival WHEN THEY WERE IN SCHOOL......... 20 years ago....we are talking exwife got her ass kicked by this woman in highschool over a guy (small town hell)..... and he called her an idiot, and she went home told her mom that he called her an ugly biotch............. this particular girl just happens to be african american and went to the school told the principal it was racial......... and so Cody got kicked out for 5 days for RACIAL SEXUAL HARRASMENT........

which is crazy....... family is COMPLETELY mixed on all sides....... I mean completely... and damn near half the town are related to the boys....... (which is why it is such a big issue)........... disfunctional family fued........ the fact that part of the fued is between exwife and girls mom....... (the girls DAD at one time was exwifes BROTHER IN LAW) and exwife was saving her younger sister from a beating....1988.... (SMALL TOWN HELL) OK.......... so now the mother of the girl.. is driving by their house and calling Cody (who is 12) names

Also, mother of the daughter is threatening a repeat of 20 years ago.......... SMALL TOWN HELL

Tracy

what a mess... I guess I can see why dss would want to be with you guys, and you are such a wonderful person that if anyone can help turn his life around you can.

HUGS