Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Hey Violets~

What a busy day, and harder since I feel crappy. Got the fridge in and set up by 9am, cleaned up the dog poop and swept the back porch (great for the nose now) by 9:45, showered and was ready (sans "my face on" all day) by 10:15, had contractor come over and give me a bid on my garage (needs to be dry walled w/ tons of wood to be removed), then quickly drove up to Yucca Valley to see my neices soccer game. Then lunch me w/ the 3 kids (8,6,3) (i was good, hamberger no bun no cheese, small salad). Then down the hill (Yucca is about 35 min away) and the grocery story. WOW...I've been running since 7am.

Thanks for the advice. I bought some Sina suda stuff, not sure which one. I think I need to ask the pharm for the good stuff. I will try to stick it out. Last time I was sick, 3 weeks ago, I needed antibiotics. Fever, body aches, totally different than now. I appreciate all the input Violets, thanks!

Have a great evening everyone!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Hi Ya'll -

Kat - I'm sorry you're having a bad day... I hope it worked out alright in the end. You have so much going on all the time. Do you EVER just get to sit down and REST? All this stress can't be good for you 24/7!!! Is there any possibility you can at least get 1/2 day of 'me time' in the next few days? I worry about you! It just seems like you are burning it at both ends all the time!

Pamela - I'm sure Denise is right and knows better than all of us. You do need to get that gunk out of your head, that's for sure...so make sure you drink lots and lots of liquids and take a decongestant for a day or two as well (as opposed to only an antihistamine). Get some rest...and stay away from the tequila!! LOL That stuff'll kill ya!! :)

The memorial service today was so emotionally draining.... there were easily 400+ people there. 5 of his friends got up to read letters or tell stories, one wrote a special song for Danny and played his guitar, his uncle broke down and practially had to be carried off.... OMG, I cried thru the whole thing. He was a very special young man and I didn't realize just how special until today. Not to mention that he was also a fine specimen of a man, too....just gorgeous. So, so sad. My boss looked 10 years older, tired and thin. His wife, who is normally as beautiful as a Hollywood star, looked terrible. There must have been 100 sprays of flowers even tho they requested donations instead. I've never been to anything like it.

I came home and hugged my kids til their eyes bugged out.

Terry~ How'd your son do on his SAT's. I know he wont know, but how does he feel about it.

Kat~ Don't work too hard. You need to rest and prepare your body for surgery. Please try to post...gosh, a week w/o Judy and the possibility of you being MIA...toooo much for my brain.

TracyKS~ Where the hell are you? Maybe it is just my stuffy head but is seems you've been flying under the radar.

Denise~ Thanks for the info. I agree and didn't want any antibiotics again. On a good note, I had not had any for 23 months. The weird thing is I've never had any sinus stuff, so this is new to me. I am allergic to shell fish and grass, but never anything like this.

Anywho, I miss my Susanne:(. Have a great night everyone!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

PS~ I know this wont apply to many Violets, but Kid Rock's new CD Rock and Roll Jesus is the best CD I've bought in a long time. Every song is great. So all my rockin Violets, you may want to check it out. Even if you don't like him, but like classic/southern rock...you might be surprised!:rockon::rockon::rockon:

Hello vi's!

Its 10p saturday night and I'm just now checking in...... after my morning check in yesterday my mom called me in tears because her foot was so bad she couldn't go to work (long story with feet problems) short story is that I ended up leaving work and running her from one doctor to another and by the time it was all said and done it was too late to go back to work.... Then it was pick up the boys.. today was a day of blissfull be at home ness......... but we ended up staining/waterproofing the deck and then cooking out on the grill.......... I am also not happy because I was up 213 this morning although my finger were really swollen from Water retention... but I've been eating like crap and more of everything too... guess a Novemember fill in in my future.

I know I need to get my head back in the carb watching game.. but I had almost an ENTIRE carton of Milk Nog today..... (oh teasing myself that it has 5g Protein per serving) but I haven't even looked at the calories because the carb count is 37! For dinner I ate an entire burger (no bread) and some dorito's with ranch dip...... I've been eating halloween candy too...... I don't know what the hell is wrong with me... usually I don't start sabotaging myself until I GET UNDER 200lbs! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr sorry for the rant, but I'm just pissed at myself right now.

I need a new fridge! so Pam I am freaking IN LUST with your new one!

Jennifur: I don't know what to say..... yeah most guys want one thing..... but then you meet one who isn't even that interested and you start wondering what the hell is wrong that they don't... (remember I went many many many months almost a year with out any) and this man loves me.... it has all changed since getting engaged and now married...(go figure) but he has a real hang up with any chance of getting pregnant so we still don't have REAL sex very often........ sorry TMI, but its that kind of night... god I hope someone doesn't google me and reads this......... :) oh what the hell!

Kat: I'm thinking about you.. bunches.

Judy: HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!

OK.. gnight!

Hi~

Awww y'all are so sweet worrying over me! I will have 12 hours down tomorrow as we travel---then will be busy for several days---then we are running away on the 10th, going down to Austin I think, maybe, going to Celebrate our Anniversary by ourselves!!! Then a few more days hard work, and a nice 12 hour ride home, with just us---no in laws!!! We are taking them down, that is where they are from originally, and all of their siblings still live in the area---we will be there a week or so working, then Ricks sister the one I was banded with, and her husband will drive down and spend a week, and then drive the folks home. It gives them 2 weeks without any of us having to be gone that long. BIL refuses to do any farm work except for shredding, he likes driving the tractor---he is not real good at it---but he likes it!! A couple of years ago he was shredding, and went to close under a tree, knocked the battery out of the tractor, and before the blades could die....yep he shredded it! BUT he is willing and that is half the job there!!

Then after we get home, I will have a couple of days down before surgery, then I will get some rest following that.

I am not a good "relaxer"....I cannot sit and watch TV and do nothing else! I will have a crossword or a stitchery...something! I can sit and read-----or sit here and check up on y'all!!!

I intend to behave with my eating while gone---except for next Fri. & Sat. night!! Friday we will go to an all you can eat ( laughable to me these days) Catfish place, owned by an Uncles( by marriage) brother. It is soooooo good! One of the times I begrudge being banded, I love it soo much and can only eat my usual amount!!! BUT now I fill up on fish, skip the fries, and hush puppies, and totally avoid the cobbler for dessert! Then Sat. will be our anniversary and I am not sure where we will end up--but I refuse to diet that night either!!

Pamela, I agree with TracyK---Advil Cold and Sinus is the best medicine ever created in my mind!!! I take it for headaches, and any sinus issue. I have taken it since being banded, without issue, but I am not really tightly restricted either. My fill Dr. said if I need that type of thing on occasion it is fine, but some people if given an inch take a mile, so he always says None!!! I could probably count on one hand how many times I have taken anything since being banded, but it is what I take!!!

My DD called to tell me the same thing about that Kid Rock CD, she wanted to let me upload it to my Ipod before I left, I just never made it back over to her house, and she never come by here....her weekends are soo busy!!

I would love to meet up with the Texans while I am there, but girls Texas is one BIG state!!! The little place I am going is on the diagonal between Austin and Abilene, still a heck of a long way from Houston----but man I wish!!!! Are any of you Texans closer than that??? hoping...hoping...hoping!!!

Terry, that is the way Ryans funeral was last week. It was so full of young people, and everyone was just so overwraught---it was incredibly sad. One of the friends I went to lunch with yesterday, her son and Ryan raced together (modified stock), and she is heading to Phoenix to watch her son race again for the first time since his friend was killed in a race. She is scared more than usual she said.

Ryan was from here, but was in Abilene at a race, they combined the race with a small family reunion, with family from the area there. He had over 25 family members at the race to watch him, and they all watched him die. I have been to several young peoples funerals, and all of them have been horribly sad. Sitting here thinking about that statement, there have been lots of them....such tragedies.One friends 9 year old son accidentally hung himself playing in his tree house. I was surprised how many parents brought young kids to Ty's funeral. Others in car accidents, cancer, and 2 suicides. One of the boys who committed suicide, he killed himself when his gf broke up with him. A year and a half later, his brother killed himself, and a year after that the remaining brother killed himself, they now have one living daughter. I always heard that school councelors worry when a kid commits suicide, because it is considered contagious so to speak...but was just in total shock about that family.

I agree, it always makes me want to grab the kids and hang on! And now with the 2 of them's psycho mom out of the psych ward, it worries me!

I went ahead a little bit ago, and turned back the clocks I have to do---the rest should autoset. I was afraid I'd go to bed and forget! Rick is taking advantage of the extra hour and is already sleeping. He will do the bulk of the driving tomorrow, so he can use the rest.

We went to our favorite little Mexican restaurant tonight...I had some chips and salsa--3 or 4 I'd guess. A taco and some refried Beans. I will usually order a meal, and then have some leftovers, but since I won't be here to eat them, ordered that. Randy the owner accused me of having 'another restaurant'!! We laughed, told him why I couldn't have leftovers...and visited for awhile, and when we ask for our ticket, because she never left it for us, she said he told her to get rid of it! Nice guy!

Well I will check in when I can. Not sure if there is anywhere with a WiFi in town, will check, will ask his aunt. If not, I will borrow her computer and check in if I can...and will just have to read up on you guys when I get back.

Will miss you all terribly!!! I will be taking my cell phone--my reception is crappy until I hit town. If something happens I need to know about someone call me!

((((((big GIANT hugs to all of you))))) I will miss you!!!

Kat

hi vi's

Tracy - I'm cracking up but you are right... if they don't want it then you do take that personally. shit I just want things as a friendship... and develop if that is what it is going to be.

Today, I cried 90% of it, went to work hyperventelating. I was a mess. Like these guys think that should be a compliment, and maybe one day it was... well now it is an insult, that they would want to be with me just F me... How is that a compliment????? And then I miss my kids, I miss being home for dinner and spending time with my dd when my ds has gone to bed... I miss having money to be self sufficient. I can't even get my kids presents. Why can't I get a day job. I know I'm going to get screwed on the day hours. I am in total meltdown mode. Which in turn is not helping me with my eating choices. Not gaining but not loosing either. :)

Pamela, I've heard that CD, a friend has it and brought it to work - I downloaded a couple songs... It is a good one

well, i'm off to bed, I am mentally exhausted and tomorrow is cheerleading competition with dd ........round 2

Terry - I'm so sorry, I had a friends' dd die in a fire last year and i didn't let my kids out of my sight forever. It was horrible so i know what you had to go through today

Kat - thinking about you! HUGS

Good morning Violets-

Just sitting here having my morning coffee:ranger: and trying to wake up.

Terri-sorry you had such a "down" day yesterday. I feel so bad for the parents. How horrible it must be to lose a child.

Pamela-hope you are feeling better this morning!

Jenn-I just don't know what to say to you ther than I wish things would get better for you in a jiffy. Seems like you have had too full of a plate and deserve a reprieve by now!

Tracy-I have been having halloween candy too...but after today, there will be no more of that crap in this house. Even if I have to chunk it in the trash piece by piece without dd knowing it, that is what I will do.

Pamela-I like Kid Rock...I new to check that CD out. I have heard good things about it.

I wonder how Amanda (Lunasa) is. I have been really wondering about her. And also Sara and MsJen and Haydee...where are they?:)

Have ya'll seen that "great thighs" exercise thingy on an infomercial? I want one...it is kinda like a glider but it goes out to the sides to work thighs, butt and abs...I really want one. Maybe santa will get me one?

Everyone have a relaxing day...stay away from the junk...(that was just a reminder mainly for myself) :Banane20:

Good morning............. I was back down to 212 today with still puffy fingers... can someone please start forcing Water down my throat!!!!!!!! :)

I have not had a piece of Halloween candy yet today and I'm going to TRY and stay away from it.

I just had 3/4 of a grilled burger patty drenched in ranch dressing and it is starting to feel a bit stuck.. so I'm trying to ignore it and see if it will go on through.... TRYING to stick with solid protien today....

It is a beautiful fall day here in Kansas........ the leaves are turning and I'm wearing my baggy size 16 jeans and a thermal pink harley shirt that has been toooooooo tight for a couple years! I do love my band and wearing my old clothes.. this is just a normal stage of complacency and I know I shouldn't bitch about being stuck for two weeks when some of you are struggling with a two MONTH plateau.. so SORRY...

Thanks to everyone who has been there...

Have a great day........ and I will check in later

Morning ladies.

Since 1. I've been making bad choices 2. the scale hates me..

I've decided to do low-carb for a jump start.

I know from my history with low-carb, the pounds just melt off. I want to get past my Atkins lowest weight (which was in the 260's, I'm so close, and I can't wait to see 250's.. can't remember when that's happened last, somewhere in middle school I imagine). Band is helping me keep from GAINING, but the losing part has slowed down. So if I can jump start, the band will help me maintain.

Now, it's staying committed. Last time I did Atkins, I did it to the T for 6 months.. it was hard, but I was so motivated since I was 300lbs (on the dot) and had gone to a party and seen pics of myself.. I was horrified. I need to find that will power again. I'd tried Atkins 2 times since that time, and I just couldn't do it. I really hate giving up carbs :)

But I am going to see some of my top customers in NY in January, and I want to be a skinny bitch!!! NY people are so savvy, they've never met me and I don't want to be some southern fat lady. Me and dad said we're going to start going to the gym again, MWF at work. He said he's in, and I said I'm in, now we just gotta do it!! I think I'll just do elliptical and treadmill for a while. Last night I jogged around the hockey parking lot for a while (to warm up).. and I realized I jogged without panting. Wow.

Sounds like our violet bracelets are a must today!!!

I am going out to eat with a 'skinny' friend who loves to eat to Celebrate her birthday, haven't decided if I want to use one of my sweet days today or not.

Have a good day!!

Jane

I started to email this to everyone, but that took too long. A couple of you may get it in an email too, but thought I'd post it here.

Enjoy and have a great day! xoxoxox

!x-usc:cid:002101c81e6c$dd2882a0$2f01a8c0@Greta

A WOMAN'S WEEK AT THE GYM

This is dedicated to everyone who ever attempted to get into a regular workout routine.

Dear Diary,

For my birthday this year, my daughter (the dear) purchased a week of personal training at the local health club for me.Although I am still in great shape since being a high school football cheerleader 43 years ago, I decided it would be a good idea to go ahead and give it a try. I called the club and made my reservations with a personal trainer named Belinda, who identified herself as a 26-year-old aerobics instructor and model for athletic clothing and swim wear. My daughter seemed pleased with my enthusiasm to get started! The club encouraged me to keep a diary to chart my progress.

MONDAY:

Started my day at 6:00 a.m. Tough to get out of bed, but found it was well worth it when I arrived at the health club to find Belinda waiting for me. She is something of a Greek goddess - with blonde hair, dancing eyes and a dazzling white smile. Woo Hoo!! Belinda gave me a tour and showed me the machines. I enjoyed watching the skillful way in which she conducted her aerobics class after my workout today. Very inspiring! Belinda was encouraging as I did my sit-ups, although my gut was already aching from holding it in the whole time she was around. This is going to be a FANTASTIC week-!!

TUESDAY:

I drank a whole pot of coffee, but I finally made it out the door. Belinda made me lie on my back and push a heavy Iron bar into the air then she put weights on it! My legs were a little wobbly on the treadmill, but I made the full mile. Belinda's rewarding smile made it all worthwhile. I feel GREAT-!! It's a whole new life for me!

WEDNESDAY:

The only way I can brush my teeth is by laying the toothbrush on the counter and moving my mouth back and forth over it. I believe I have a hernia in both pectorals. Driving was OK as long as I didn't try to steer or stop. I parked on top of a GEO in the club parking lot!

Belinda was impatient with me, insisting that my screams bothered other club members. Her voice is a little too perky for early in the morning, and when she scolds, she gets this nasally whine that is VERY annoying. My chest hurt when I got on the treadmill, so Belinda put me on the stair monster. Why the Hell would anyone invent a machine to simulate an activity rendered obsolete by elevators? Belinda told me it would help me get in shape and enjoy life. She said some other s**t, too.

THURSDAY :

Belinda was waiting for me with her vampire-like teeth exposed as her thin, cruel lips were pulled back in a full snarl. I couldn't help being a half an hour late, it took me that long to tie my shoes. Belinda took me to work out with dumbbells. When she was not looking, I ran and hid in the restroom!! She sent another little skinny thing to find me. Then, as punishment, she put me on the rowing machine -- which I sank.

FRIDAY :

I hate that Belinda more than any human being has ever hated any other human being in the history of the world. Stupid, skinny, anemic, anorexic little cheerleader. If there was a part of my body I could move without unbearable pain, I would beat her with it.

Belinda wanted me to work on my triceps. I don't have any triceps! And if you don't want dents in the floor, don't hand me the darned barbells or anything that weighs more than a sandwich. The treadmill flung me off and I landed on a health and nutrition teacher. Why couldn't it have been someone softer, like the drama coach or the choir director?

SATURDAY :

Belinda left a message on my answering machine in her grating, shrilly voice wondering why I did not show up today. Just hearing her made me want to smash the machine with my planner. However, I lacked the strength to even use the TV remote and ended up catching eleven straight hours of the Weather Channel.

SUNDAY :

I'm having the Church van pick me up for services today so I can go and thank GOD that this week is over. I will also pray that next year my daughter (the little s**t) will choose a gift for me that is fun -- like a root canal or a hysterectomy. I still say if God had wanted me to bend over, he would have sprinkled the floor with diamonds!!

Well our early morning did not work! In laws MUST go to church. Oh well....we will get there!

Got some awesome news this morning, stopping my cleaning frenzy to ask that you keep her in your prayers...

Rick was raised with his cousin Debbie, Rick's closest sibling is 8 years older, and Debbie only 6 days older. When Debbie was a few months old she suffered a stroke, and they discovered she had severe diabetes. She has controlled it with insulin through the years, and had a normal life. She married a minister, and had 3 sons. Her husband died from an asthma attack while on a retreat. Then her middle son was permanently disabled mentally due to encephalitic West Nile Virus. She began caring for foster kids when her own were small, she continued despite all the additional woes in her own life. She remarried, and everyone freaked out, he was a polar opposite of her late husband, he is a biker, and rough and tough! But he is apparently soft on the inside, they gave up their home, and moved to Foster facility where they have a group home, on a farm and house anywhere from 4-10 kids, in addition to the son they since had together. The son they had stressed her body severely, and she has been on dialysis for quite some time. This morning her call came--they have a kidney/pancreas for her!

Now we know these things sometimes fall through, but we are sure hoping this works for her---she needs a good body to match her heart! We won't make it for the surgery, but will be there soon.

It is her parents that I had planned to access computer from, so since they will be taking over for her at home, I will not be able to use theirs. If I can find a wireless connection somewhere I will, but if you don't hear from me, don't worry!

Wanted to let you know---keep your fingers crossed for Debbie!!!

Love to you all!

Kat