Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Judy I am so jealous, I am getting ready to get motivated to take a shower and get to work! I really need a vacation, but....

On a positive note I FINALLY GOT THE CALL THAT THE HOSPITAL IS REFUNDING PART OF MY MONEY!!!!! Yeah, they overcharged me and I have been fighting with them to give me the money back since probably June, it all has to do with being a self pay and having a paid insurance surgery at the same time. I am sure that the hospital DOES NOT need that money, and it is not a big amount especially to them, but to me it is the money and the win!!!

Terry be thinking about you today, I have heard that young peoples funerals are the worst!!! I have been fortunate never to be involved with one.

Well yesterday was a no sweet day, and I kept fingering my Bracelet, but I made it!!!! Today is another no sweet day, tommorrow I don't know, but I have allowed myself 4 plus Thanksgiving in November....

Well need to hop in the shower and get to work have a good day!!!

TracyK glad your feeling better!!!

Pam, when I was a kid I always wanted a refrigerator that had Water and ice on the door, never got one, now I am too cheap to buy one for myself! But, I will say now you have added another beautiful picture, but I still think Ethan is the cutest!!

Okay now I am really gone.

Jane

Morning gals

Kat - what a day you had yesterday, in the middle of your own stress and getting yourself together - a sad lunch. Sometimes, I think to myself, it is bad but it could always be worse.

Terry - 14 -16... that is great... i want to get there... I'm in a Med - Large top...and 16-18 bottoms... ok, 18's are way big now.

you gals are up early

Judy - have fun.. you are the cruisin' queen...

Terri-why was I up so early? Are you kidding me? LOL I have a 4 year old that is used to waking up at the butt crack of dawn everyday....so her internal clock just wakes her up at 5:30 or 6:00 AM on weekends too....oh well...on a positive note, it keeps me from sleeping the weekends away :confused:

16-18's I want to be there!

I am in 22's comfortable and 20's have a muffin top - but they zip and button. Top's 2xl.

I am not losing since 10/21 (243lbs) now hoovering at 248's-- need to get rededicated - and this week should be TOM.

I am thankful Halloween is over as well -- every where I go - little candy dishes out - like yesterday the vet's office, mini snickers and miniture reese's. Hmmmm....

Have a nice weekend everyone. Windy here on the coast from the storm.

Hiya Violets~

Kat~ When are you leaving? I don't know if I remember reading that. Have fun. Too bad you couldn't see Terry and Tracy and Haydee while your there. The fridge is black. The stainless steel is too hard to keep clean. We were looking for a satina finish, but couldn't find it in the french doors. I am so excited about the freezer on the bottom (drawer) and the 2 door top! Finally I can see all the top, instead of having a rotting onion in the bottom drawer that I never see.

Terry~ Deep breaths. Do something special w/ you fam later this weekend. Sending your ds all the violet purple power for his SAT's. I had a combined 1290...not great, but hey, I did ok;).

I went to happy hour yesterday! I had my 1 shot of Patron tequilla and then Water. Had fun, it was great to "unwind". We all had so much fun. I don't usually go to those things because Susanne is just coming into town or I am going there. Sometimes we go together. Including myself, there were 3 teachers in tears yesterday...we needed a drinky-poo:beer:!

I am pissed about this and need some advice. I am suffering w/ what I think is a sinus infection. Remember, at the beginning of the month I was sick. Went and got antibiotics and was better in a week (what a shitty week that was, I hate being sick). Anyway, Tuesday morn I woke up w/ some of the same symptoms. As the week has progressed it has become a bit worse. I had a flu shot on Oct 18 (hey, I work w/ kids...I HAVE to get one). So this time my "sickness" has not become the body aches etc...just in my head. My nose, ears and you should hear this sexy voice I am sporting (sound like a 70 yr old man). Anyway...my question to the violets...what should I do? Primary doc? My allergist? Over the counter? I've never had this and never ever had a reoccuring thingy. Do I need antibiotics? I know this is TMI, but yes, it is yellowish. Help!

Well, I gotta go clean the fridge quick!

They should be here in an hourish.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Kity -- My doctor only gives antibodics when I have TMI:greenish color.

You need something to relieve the symptoms - my husband swears by Alka-seltzer COLD -- cures/stops whatever if he catches at the begininig.

Get well soon!

Pamela

yes...go to primary... you need antibiotics...

do you take allergy meds? If you need them take them too, you need to dry up but it does sound like an infection.

This is horrible time of year for me allergy, leaves are my worst, as they fall the mold, mositure, leaves in general... I can't live without my clariden D

well, i'm going to get dressed and go to the gym

oh... alka seltzer has gel tabs too, works just as quick but without the taste.

Thera Flu is great too, knocks me out but works great

Good Morning, Violets..

I just finished reading all the posts for the day and since we are out the door, don't have time to respond each of you personally.. BUT just wanted to pop in and say good bye before we head out. Everyone have a good week and I'll see you on the 11th.

PATIENCE, TRUST AND WWJD!!!!!

Good morning ladies~

Well it is official I am a grump! I have no clothes I can wear to Texas!! It is such a strange trip, I work cnon stop, and need to be able to run into town for things, and yet not worry about ruining the clothes I am in....and before I had tons of fat clothes....now not so much! I just refuse to buy much, because I do not plan on staying here. Add to that, I had already put away my summer clothes, because we are well into Fall/Winter here, so I am digging in totes to find clothes, then trying to reclose the totes and carrying them back to the garage, and DH's damn motorcycle seat is stacked on TOP of MY boxes! AAArrggghh!!!

I may get packed, I may wear what I travel in all week!

Pamela my Grandma would have nothing but a bottom freezer in her fridge, had one as far back as I remember! And there was Always a box of Hersheys in it!! Wonder if they come standard????

We have the 25cf Wide by Side it is called, it is not a straight up and down side by side....it is wider on top in the fridge section, and wider on bottom in the freezer section....it is ok, I like it. Ours are white--woohoo such imaginations!! Our kitchen is kind of small, so we went with white cabinets and appliances, with the color coming from the soffet area above the cabinets and the countertops. I like my kitchen---it is small, but I feel efficient in it!

We are leaving in the morning, and my inlaws have yet to make any concrete decisions about this trip, it is making me crazy, I do not do well like that! I am fine with spontaneous fun decisions, something like this I want detailed, and to know what will be done when! I want to plan, I want my car in tip top shape for the drive, I want it clean, and organized! I want to be able to pack efficiently! I take frozen meals from my house here, then I can drop it in a crockpot there, or toss it in the microwave and not cook after working all day. Trying to pack it all, and figure things out, and she just says "I don't know, I haven't heard from anyone what they want to do" so I am doing my part, and trying to ignore the rest!

I stupidly grabbed a little square (1.5"X1.5") sugar coated brownie bite a little while ago, and was going to eat it....it stuck, not in my stoma, in my throat, it was dry, and I am having more and more choking issues. I managed to finally swallow it on down, but it scared me, and depressed me! #1 why wasI trying to eat THAT anyway??? #2 I am going to choke to death if I keep trying to eat when I am home alone!

Yep--not getting this day off to a good start!!!

Off to get the tires rotated on the van since it looks like for this particular moment in time we are taking it!!!

BBL--and I promise to be in a better mood and will kwitmybitchin!!!!!

(((hugs)))

Kat

Oh if any of you are interested here is the black Friday site I mentioned. The get the preview of the sales for the day after Thanksgiving, they price compare them for you, tell you which ones will be rebate items etc. I like knowing before Thanksgiving what the early morning specials will be, so I know how to make my shopping list...I usually finish up my Christmas shopping that day.

http://blackfriday.gottadeal.com

You do have to register your email for notification of when they add new ads, but I have done it for the last 2 years without issue.

Kat

Pam- DH Is allergic to antibiotics, and he's been sick for about a week (sinus and congestion problems). He went to the doc, and since he can't do antibiotics they gave him a shot of b-12.. and when he got home I medicated him with Sudafed (I swear by it for sinus problems).. the real one, that you get from the pharmacist(but still over the counter).

That's my 2 cents, I think docs over-prescribe antibiotics.

Hiya Violets~

Kat~ When are you leaving? I don't know if I remember reading that. Have fun. Too bad you couldn't see Terry and Tracy and Haydee while your there. The fridge is black. The stainless steel is too hard to keep clean. We were looking for a satina finish, but couldn't find it in the french doors. I am so excited about the freezer on the bottom (drawer) and the 2 door top! Finally I can see all the top, instead of having a rotting onion in the bottom drawer that I never see.

Terry~ Deep breaths. Do something special w/ you fam later this weekend. Sending your ds all the violet purple power for his SAT's. I had a combined 1290...not great, but hey, I did ok;).

I went to happy hour yesterday! I had my 1 shot of Patron tequilla and then Water. Had fun, it was great to "unwind". We all had so much fun. I don't usually go to those things because Susanne is just coming into town or I am going there. Sometimes we go together. Including myself, there were 3 teachers in tears yesterday...we needed a drinky-poo:beer:!

I am pissed about this and need some advice. I am suffering w/ what I think is a sinus infection. Remember, at the beginning of the month I was sick. Went and got antibiotics and was better in a week (what a shitty week that was, I hate being sick). Anyway, Tuesday morn I woke up w/ some of the same symptoms. As the week has progressed it has become a bit worse. I had a flu shot on Oct 18 (hey, I work w/ kids...I HAVE to get one). So this time my "sickness" has not become the body aches etc...just in my head. My nose, ears and you should hear this sexy voice I am sporting (sound like a 70 yr old man). Anyway...my question to the violets...what should I do? Primary doc? My allergist? Over the counter? I've never had this and never ever had a reoccuring thingy. Do I need antibiotics? I know this is TMI, but yes, it is yellowish. Help!

Well, I gotta go clean the fridge quick!

They should be here in an hourish.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Yellowish drainage doesn't always mean "infection". The rule of thumb is if you've been sick 7-14 days and over the counter meds don't alleviate or minimize your symptoms, you may need an antibiotic.

Many people think that they need an antibiotic right away, which can be detrimental in the long run because it eventually will lower your body's reaction to the antibiotics so that when you DO have an infection, it takes longer or stronger meds to fight the infection.

People think that just because they start feeling better after taking their antibiotics for a week that they did have an infection. However most viruses would have went away on their own in about the same amount of time, which is why the rule of thumb is 7-14 days with OTC (over the counter) meds before getting an antibiotic. And your doctor should not be just handing them out! I've seen too many doctors hand them out like nothing....my doctor uses the rule of thumb and I completely trust his judgment! :confused:

I'd go see your PTP and do what he says to do if the OTC meds aren't making you feel any better....

Get well soon! :sick

Denise

you are so right... LOL that is why I waited 2 weeks to go to the dr last month when I had strep... I waited for it to go away on its own

anyway... I am down in the dumps as it seems to be my normal pattern. I think besides eing bumming... It is cold and cloudy here and I am not use to being chilled to the bone... so that is not helping

oh well... tomorrow is anoter day... to try to start over again.

at least I'm not gaining... that is a plus