Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

TracyK cheer up!!!!!!!!

Lets see who is cuter Ethan or Pam??? I voting for Ethan, but Pam don't despair you are a very close second!!

Have a great day!!!

Jane

Wow---everybody is having a rough day!!!

Well Kinsey was back to saying she had a belly ache this afternoon....and had fever again. Yesterday she was fine!

This afternoon, my DIL brought my grandson for me to watch while she was at the bank, so we played outside, and she seemed to feel fine. About the time my DIL come back Kinsey needed to come in and potty, but her step stool she uses was outside so Connor could get up in the little ball bath thing. So I brought Kinsey in to potty---I helped her up and when she started going she sucked air between her teeth and told me "it hurts Granny"---BINGO she is now back from the Dr. and she has a UTI!!

I called Manda, she come flying from work, made it to the Dr. and just refused to leave until they took a test, we were making the poor child guzzle juice and tea!!! Even in its weakened state from us force feeding her liquids it showed up.

I feel soo bad!!! But she takes herself potty all the time now. At least we have an answer and medicine!

Off to finish supper---check in with y'all in a bit!

Kat

Hi Ya'll! No, I haven't vanished. I have been reading posts but just toooooo busy to write! This is my busy, busy, busy season and it will be until Dec 7th (our Christmas party). It's like we're so slow during the summer we could sleep thru it, then BAM!!! .... time to go to work!! We have 3 conferences that I prepare slides for, hunting season (I'm in charge of the lease), 300 Christmas cards, and my company's Christmas party. Then you add the doubling of my regular duties because my exec's are now 2-3x as busy and it's just crazy in my office! I worked my tail off today from 7:00a-6:00p and still didn't get done what I wanted to accomplish. The good news is I have tomorrow off (we work a 9/80 schedule with every other Friday off). I get my hair cut, then I HAVE to go do some shopping!!! Maybe I'll look up some good resale shops.

What is going on with our trip, Michelle? I need something to look forward to!!

Haydee - can you do dinner on the 7th with me and JoAnne? :) Is it on your calendar? Congrats on all your great purchases today! Wish me luck tomorrow. I hate spending the money on clothes I know will only last me 1/2 year! ...not that I'm really complaining but it does make it harder to shop.

I don't have much to report on the lapband front except that I'm damn glad I have it!! My eating has been so whacko that I haven't even logged my food...it would just take too long and I've been too busy to mess with it. Although I do still wear my body bugg, it's not really doing anything for me if I'm not following the program! I hope I get back on track Monday. I haven't been making horrible choices...just bad ones. LOL I"m one pound away from being 1/2 way there. I'm pretty darn sick of being such a slow loser...this is getting ridiculous. However, it IS normal for me. Sucky, I know.

TracyK - sorry you had a bad day! What happened?

Pamela - your costume was hilarious!! That's how you stayed dressed at school all day? Your students must LOVE your sense of humor. I'll bet you're one of the favorite teachers there, aren't you?

TracyinKS - Tomorrow: 209, girlfriend!!!

Judy, Ethan is a doll. I'll bet you spoil him rotten.

Kat - I'd really like to see a pic of Kinsey!!! C'mon Grandma-- get with the program!

Janie - only 1 more pound til you hit 100#!!!! Woooo hoooo!!! Maybe it'll be tomorrow!?

Recipe question.... TracyKS I think you know....how do you make the ricotta cheese/marinara sauce thingy? I'm craving Italian ALL the time lately!

Hi!

Terry, it is so good to see you! I miss you when you are not around to post!

Believe me the Granny in me wants to post all kinds of pics of Kinsey---but a friend on another thread has me a bit paranoid of posting kids pics on line where anyone can get them. She works in a Police Dept. and says pervs do all kinds of wierd things with kids pics----makes me leery. I will send them individually if nothing else! I never got the pics downloaded, with my DIL here and all today. I did see on the camera where Connor has my date and time all screwed up----I about croaked when I saw him with my camera, I could just imagine all my pics gone. But sure enough I scrolled back through, and they ALL are dated wrong. Should have paid more attention.

Jane 100 pounds already---girl you are kickin' some serious butt!!! And Terry is half way to goal---man y'all make me feel like I am moving in slow motion. Hope it kicks up when I get well! Plus I reeeeeeeeeeeally want my TT done. Not choosing clothes to camoflauge it, would be soooo wonderful!

I am off to the shower...be back in a few....I need to let my hair dry....so best get it washed so it can!

Kat

Well the truth here is I have seen 100 and then gained some over the past few weeks.

I have a new goal for November and instead of exercise I am making it a sweets only 4 times this month and Thanksgiving, plus I need to eat more yogurt, maybe 12 this month. Odd goal but one I need to keep!!!! I don't think I can make my signature to include this, too many lines. So here is to a GREAT NOVEMBER FOR ALL THE SHRINKING VIOLETS!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am really full of hope for a great month!!

Jane

H violets!!

Here is to everyone having a great Friday!!

Glad to see you back Terri! Have a great day off!

Terry - it is me who makes the ricotta / sauce thing... funny i've been eating it a lot the last 2 weeks

i put 1/2 c ricotta cheese

1 egg

season with white pepper & garlic, some parsley

mix

put in bowl, cook in micorwave for 1 - 1/2 minute, cover with sauce, put some 2% mozz cheese on top, stick in microwave again to melt cheese on top and warm sauce

yummy

i bake it at the pizza shop but try not to have it there, she has whole milk ricotta...

you know what is good, make that mixture and put it on top of a pc of eggplant and top with sauce and cheese....

morning all, i so wanted to sleep in... but no such luck... ds is awake for some strange reason, he went to bed at 10 last night...

well >>> I NEED coffee

Haydee - when do you arrive in NY? how long are you here for? Monday or Thursday are my best days... I don't have to work

Thanks, Jenn.... pardon my ignorance, but I'm an eggplant virgin. How do I need to prepare the eggplant before putting the mixture on top?

I'm up WAY too early for a day off, eh? DH's CPAP mask is not getting a good fit and it sounds like I'm in bed with a tornado. I don't know why he can sleep thru it and I can't!! The promise of coffee always lures me out of bed! :)

Terry - 2 options

slice eggplant thin

mix some bread crumbs (i get seasoned) and parm cheese

dip slices in egg, then bread mixture,

you can fry in pan in oil or spray baking sheet and cook in the oven

simple but messy

or option 2.....

go to the store and buy frozen already prepared eggplant LOL

I eat so much less, I usually take a pc of frozen because no one else will eat it here.

Yup... it is early...TOM finally arrived to visit me... how lucky...

I need to get my butt in shape here.. ds's bday is Tuesday, we are having cake Monday and Chuck E Cheese Tuesday. I guess I should do shakes today - Sunday and then again next Wed. I'm sure I'll drop my few extra in a day when the bloat goes away. ughhhhhhhhhh

Good Friday Morn, Vi's!~~

Well, it finally happened! I know it's happened to some of you already, but last night was the first time for me!

Intrigued?

I dreamt about the Violets! ;)

We were all together @ our gathering... it was chaotic but fun AND I actually got an idea or two for our real gathering from the dream! Too funny!

In addition to our "seminars" that each of us can "teach" on our areas of expertise (being sexy, choosing jeans, proper freezing of Crystal Light to the perfect slushie level, aqua pilates...), we can also have "cooking" demos where we share our fav band-friends recipes -- such as Jenn's eggplant/ricotta dish or Terri's Soup creations. What fun!

I also got another *FABU* idea that I am keeping quiet about for now 'til I see where it goes... but it could be BIG girls... BIG!!

I feel the same after my fill on Weds... hmmmmmmm...

Today is dd's bowling birthday party w/10 4th grade girls & an oreo blizzard cake from DQ. My plan is to bowl & not eat. We'll see how that goes! :)

Make it a great day, everyone!

Yeah Michelle,

That did it for me. I am pumped for the trip and now I know I can make it through the day. I've been thinking of the purple prizes for my violets moving it to May!

This has been the longest freakin week! I can't believe it is finally Friday. That really bad student was placed in Special Ed/Day classes on Wednesday, and yesterday was WONDERFUL w/o him. I wish him the best, but some where else.

I am supposed to weigh today, but not gonna do it. I only worked out 1x all week and had candy. So, next week!

have a great day!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Michelle - you are so funny, but great ideas

have you made any calls and got any info? when does it need to be reserved? deposit? LOL I really can't wait... but it will be nice to go at 1 year... but tomorrow would be nice too. LOL

I am up a pound grrrrrrrrrrr.......... two weeks with no loss... doesn't look like I'm going to make my Turkey day goal.

Nothing much going on....

Have a great day.

I HATE MEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALL OF THEM... THEY ALL JUST WANT 1 THING...

why.... why can't just 1 person want to be with me for me, the entire package and not just SEX?????

oh.. this is going to be a bad day