Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

I know what you are saying, that is what I have been telling her... that is more than "average" 2lbs a week. I tried to tell her that some weeks she could lose a few and others not an ounce... but the key is to average 2lbs a week... and it will slow down. i think when she feels better with a new port and port site she will start to feel better

holy crap, is that me saying those words?????? I can't beleive it... on that happy note... I have only lost 6lbs in October and that is after a fill... i better get my butt in gear. LOL

Laura, whatever you do in your meeting with the difficult client, do not let her drag you into an arguement....I have found through the years---and many small claims cases (collecting unpaid child care bills mostly). Go in with a sparkle in your eye, being cheerful and friendly to everyone including her. State your case very efficiently, in detail, without accusation, just facts....for instance...

I spoke with Ms. Butthead on Oct. 16th, and let her know her graphics were not going to work and she was to get back to me, but we never heard from her, and then she somehow got the impression WE were going to fix her problem. I repeatedly told her that was not an option, but she insisted, and has called repeatedly, sometimes as often as every 15 minutes to try to settle this, while that hardly gives me time to meet with the department actually working on her order. As of this time I have been unable to satisfy her concerning her order. It brings you across as capable, and yet human. At no time do you ever say she is a stupid, ignorant cow! But the sparkle in your eye when you look at her lets you both know you think it just the same!!!!

Now keep in mind she will likely interupt you a dozen times as you try to get your little detailed speech said. When she opens her mouth---shut yours---completely, do not let her get you into an overtalking situation, and do not interupt her. If you disagree with something she says, write it down, take a notebook with you, and address it when she finishes speaking. It makes you come across as efficient, and not arguementive. And I have found when you stick to your original statement, and just don't say much--it turns into a case of "give them enough rope and they will hang themselves". Hang on to your temper and your integrity, no matter how hard it is.

THEN if your bosses do not stand up for YOU----there are some serious issues with your job!!! No one should have to deal with a liar, who is trying to manipulate things to her way or no way. Your job should not suffer because your employer does not offer the type of service she needs. Although some of what she needs sounds mental---want to get her a bed next to my DH's ex wife???!!!!

Ok now go get her!!!!

Off to read the rest of the posts now, wanted to add this before you left.

I have actually had 2 different judges thank me for my respectful actions in their court. Confrontation is never fun for me, so I have to have my little statement prepared in my mind, and remember to shut up when the other person is speaking. Let them screw themselves up---I bet she does!

Let us know how it goes!!

Haydee---how was the concert???

Kat

Oh yeah---and if she keeps trying to say YOU told her this or that--reverse it on her. Tell her you are sorry if she misunderstood, but that is not a service your company offers, and it never has, so that is not something you would have said. That you will try to remember in the future to be sure to state that to clients very clearly, to avoid any future misunderstandings........ Minor points--but she will say YOU told her this or that---they always do.

It is amazing through the years the number of parents I told I would keep their child at no charge for any number of reasons....people can be so ridiculous!!

Kat

Laura.... Kat sounds like she's been there, done that! Words of wisdom. There will be Violet Vibes sent your way today.

As I was putting away my new Halloween sweatshirt for next year, I was thinking to myself.. wonder if this will be way toooooo big next year. Such pleasant thoughts now with so much to look forward to.

Ethan has been here getting into everything. Here's a pic of the little dev......errrrr angel!!

post-215048-13813135775181_thumb.jpg

Judy - how cute

and let me guess, he has had those boots on since the day he got them... LOL... can you tell I have a little boy too???

Aww how cute Judy!!

Kat- You're absolutely right, thank you for the reminders!!!

I am here to vent to you guys, but in reality when she comes, I will be polite, and the main point (in my mind) is we need to move FORWARD. She can keep telling everyone it's my fault, but that's not going to resolve anything on this tight deadline. So I plan to just say, sorry for the misunderstanding, but this is what we need to do to move forward. Bosses are on my side, they know I know graphics enough not to have told her that. But it's a big joke right now, everyone that is suppose to meet with her today (with me.. re: prepress) is actually GONE and the meeting is in 30 minutes, I told him I'd kill him if he leaves me here. The whole reason they are coming down, is because he wouldn't call her (it's not his job to deal with customers, that's my job..) but she's a pushy pushy woman, even wanted to speak to the CEO (she thinks she'll get somewhere doing that.. reality, she won't, the CEO is behind the scenes doing the books.. has nothing to do with projects going in and out). Anyway, I'm just waiting to see what her motive is. Does she think we will FIX her problems, because she says I told her this? Or is she expecting a discount? That's the bottom line, I'm anxious to see why she's trying to push that I told her this. I'm going to go with, I'm sorry you misunderstood, but to move forward we need this ___, and hopefully go from there. I ran in here to have a snack *kudos bar* and a smoke before she gets here. Wooosh.

Judy - how cute

and let me guess, he has had those boots on since the day he got them... LOL... can you tell I have a little boy too???

Yup.. you got it right!! Right now though they are off and he's wearing them on his hands.. The kid is right brained for sure!

Judy he is too cute!!! One time many (almost 23) years ago, my DD had just turned 3 and she was so proud of that. One days she had done something and I told her "You are just too cute" She stopped, put her hands on her hips and told me "I am not, I is 3 cute!"

I will download my Halloween pics and show y'all my Queen sometime today if I get myself together!!

Kat

Judy - yup... that is just like my dylan... LOL

Hmmm...wonder where Terri and Haydee and all of the other violets are...

Judy-Ethan is just too cute!!

Ugh...rough day. I just wanna go crawl under the covers & stay there....maybe dh will watch dd while I go do just that. I am grumpy grumpy grumpy. Maybe if I just sit here in ths kind of mood he might just offer for me to get out of here :)

Have a good evening!

Cute guy Judy~ I bet he keeps you busy.

Well, I've been naughty today so I am going to go to dance class. I did not meet my Oct. challenge, that week being sick put me way back. Gonna go make a new one for Nov!

TTFN

xoxoxoxo

CUTE CUTE CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!

I am stuffed stuffed stuffed............ went out for mexican and I had chicken tortilla Soup and refried Beans with a few chips... I can definately tell my fill is looser than it was.. but maybe its at a NORMAL spot now..... I have been fighting TOM and hoping to see something UNDER 210 tomorrow! Although I've been attacking the halloween candy... (not good)

Went better than I hoped, I'll spill more Beans tomorrow. I have a Migraine and I'm extremely tired (I was up late last night).. so I'm hitting the sheets!! Chit chat with ya'll later!